The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ben Hutton for a forward

Just now, Stech said:

Every time I've watched a Canucks vs LA game Kempe seems to score lol. I think it would take more than just Hutton, and looking at LA's depth chart on LD, they have 3 NHL calibre dmen already (okay... Phaneuf is a bit of a reach but his contract says otherwise).

My guess, if this trade were to go down would be Hutton, 3rd round pick, and B-prospect for Kempe + depth dman?

Love Kempe.

No need on the depth D-man.  Just sign him in free agency.  If the deal is Hutton and a 3rd for Kempe I would do that.  If it was Hutton and Gajovich for Kempe, I would do that too.  Kempe would also look great with Bo and Petterson.  He really can play in all situations.  Not a high skill guy, but better hands than a Hansen and a lot more physical than a Granlund.

2 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

No need on the depth D-man.  Just sign him in free agency.  If the deal is Hutton and a 3rd for Kempe I would do that.  If it was Hutton and Gajovich for Kempe, I would do that too.  Kempe would also look great with Bo and Petterson.  He really can play in all situations.  Not a high skill guy, but better hands than a Hansen and a lot more physical than a Granlund.

I agree, I love his tenacity. He's the kind of player Green would covet for sure.

I was thinking taking the depth dman back simply to open a spot for Hutton on their defensive depth chart as it seems like they already have a glut of 7/8/9 guys. Would someone like Paul LaDue "due" the trick? ;)

13 minutes ago, Stech said:

I agree, I love his tenacity. He's the kind of player Green would covet for sure.

I was thinking taking the depth dman back simply to open a spot for Hutton on their defensive depth chart as it seems like they already have a glut of 7/8/9 guys. Would someone like Paul LaDue "due" the trick? ;)

The only LD on their roster are Phaneuf and Forbort.  Hutton would play in their top 4.  He isn't all that old either.  I think this would be an attractive offer for LA.  Get er done Jim.  You are welcome for the idea JB!

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Ben Hutton for a forward

Archived