Canucks Community

[Proposal] Cap Space Opportunities

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Thing is Jim

A 1 year cap dump is the same thing as leaving it open next year

and 

you can always move that cap dump at the TDL, with minimal hit to the team

If we had to clear cap at the TDL...….even a 6M contract shrinks substantially 

6M at TDL = 2.4M @ 50% = 1.2M for the remainder of the year....I think you can find a trade for that that is painless

Then you can add a 6M player at the TDL and the cap cost is only 2.4 M if you wanted.....

I don't think JB would be putting the team that close to the cap anyways....

sure but there's only 1 guy like that - Marleau. Everything else is a multi year fiasco. 

Picks are great, but not at the cost of losing out on being able to pay elite talent. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

sure but there's only 1 guy like that - Marleau. Everything else is a multi year fiasco. 

Picks are great, but not at the cost of losing out on being able to pay elite talent. 

Callahan, Clarkson, Franzen, Marleau are all 1 year...…...all 4 teams still have to get under the cap for opening day, which at the very least handcuffs a team to some extent.

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Callahan, Clarkson, Franzen, Marleau are all 1 year...…...all 4 teams still have to get under the cap for opening day, which at the very least handcuffs a team to some extent.

not really, teams with full time LTIR guys like that don't have to dump players other than for the roster space. 

I just don't see the value in it anymore, I think that window is over. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If we could get both Gardiner and Meyers for a total cap of 14 over 7 year terms, that's got to good.  

You’ve have to give Benning credit where it’s due if he manages that...talk about rebuilding the defense in a day...out Hutton out Schenn or Tanev plus something back for those players ...would be a coupe ... reminds me of when Suter and Parise both singed in Minny...not often do you see something like that ...