The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Wild fire GM Paul Fenton

Rate this topic

Just to add a bit of information that I read: 

I saw an article on "Thescore" which along with Hextall mentioned that Chiapet could be a candidate for the GM opening in Minny. How does a guy with his recent history garner any sort of recognition? His Stanley Cup victory was going on 9 years ago now, I don't know why people choose to focus on that rather than his outrageous blunders recently. 

I was sure glad to see the rumours of him joining our FO haven't come true, at least yet. I hope they stay that way, just rumours.

2 hours ago, Greenman Wannabe said:

Just to add a bit of information that I read: 

I saw an article on "Thescore" which along with Hextall mentioned that Chiapet could be a candidate for the GM opening in Minny. How does a guy with his recent history garner any sort of recognition? His Stanley Cup victory was going on 9 years ago now, I don't know why people choose to focus on that rather than his outrageous blunders recently. 

I was sure glad to see the rumours of him joining our FO haven't come true, at least yet. I hope they stay that way, just rumours.

I saw that too and I hope it's true. It would be entertaining to watch him destroy another team, hopefully we can benefit from it.

11 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I saw that too and I hope it's true. It would be entertaining to watch him destroy another team, hopefully we can benefit from it.

I know, I'm rooting for him to get it even though I don't think he deserves it, just for the pure entertainment value that it would provide people of outside markets lol

12 hours ago, mll said:

NJD's AGM Fitzgerald was the runner up to Fenton.  GM Wadell in Carolina is apparently still without a contract.

Hunter is going to be a very good GM in the NHL at some point.  I'm not sure how willing he'd be to work under such a hands-on owner though.