The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A request of Travis Green for the rest of the playoffs

Rate this topic

fanzone2010

I'm writing this just after Canucks just lost the series against Vegas, where they were consistently outplayed, outhit and outhustled by the Golden Knights.  The Canucks showed heart, but no physical pushback, and as a result the puck was in their end all series. Both "Nuck goalies stood on their heads, but you can't win a series or a Cup when you're consistently outshot 2 or 3 - 1, per my original point. 

Green never made the adjustments that could have given Vancouver some physical pushback and tilted the ice back a bit in their favor.  Nor did Green make the adjustments to counter Vegas tactics against our power play, or neutral zone passes.  I think the Canuck players were amazing in the playoffs, but the coach was definitely not.  After watching this series, I'm convinced that he's not the coach to lead this team forward.   I said the same thing about Willie Dejardin, and Mike Gillis (GM) back when they were still popular, and took a lot of heat on the forum, but was proven right in time, and I'm pretty sure we will see the same thing with Green. Benning will probably extend him which will be a mistake. The team is much better than him.  Canucks have had 3 good coaches in the last 30 years (Pat Quinn, Mark Crawford, Alain Vignealt) and Green unfortunately will not be the fourth.  Hope the management realizes that while these young stars are still in their prime, and don't waste 3 or 4 more years with Green.  This was a win-able series, and they had a shot to go the Conference Final with Colorado out of it, and play Tampa for all the marbles. Sad to see that wasted.