The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Christian Dvorak to Canadiens for conditional 2022 1st-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick

Dvorak had slightly better numbers last year than Hoglander, who was a pure rookie playing in his first season while Dvorak was playing in his 5th season.  Dvorak doesn't have much upside as his numbers have been pretty consistent throughout his career.  

They probably should have kept the picks because unless Carey Price wins the Hart trophy next year I highly doubt Montreal are making the playoffs.

The funniest part about all of this is Bergevin will be gone after this year so it's up to the next guy to clean up the mess.  After 9 years of Bergevin he traded away his best draft pick ever in Sergachev.  KK was a big reach so he wasted a 3rd overall pick as well.  On top of that he wastes another 1st round pick this year on a guy who will probably never play in the NHL.  So after 9 years of drafting all Bergevin has left for 1st round picks is little Cole.

What a sh*t show.  I'm sure Montreal fans will be happy when Bergevin is unemployed...

• Cheers 1

Imagine if Montreal had Tkachuk or Hughes instead of KK. 

Tkachuk is one of Ottawa's best players and Hughes is our most promising defender.

i've got to say though, that 2018 draft was awfully thin. Carolina vastly overpaid for Kotkaniemi, possibly by double and Montreal was right to cut him loose. Let's see how this works out.