The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Like the 2019 Blues

24 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

To be honest, you write such huge walls of babbling text it’s not worth a response.

And it’s not a typo. A typo is misspelling a word. Its not a typo when it was part of your babbling, faulty chronological timeline.

You pretend to know things that you have no way of knowing to “support” your argument.

The fact you think Baumgartner is a HOF quality coach that is widely loved and respected because he gave Kevin Bieksa some tips back when he was a player or that he was a top quality nhl dman is proof enough you have no idea what you are talking about. Quinn Hughes has played almost as many NHL games as Baumgartner did his entire decade long career. Considering your opinion he was the next coming of Scott Neidermeyer, something doesn’t quite add up.

So you’re not even reading what I’m saying yet calling it babbling? Writing a lot means I put detail and effort into what I put out.

I pretend to know things? Yeah because one of my many connections from my experience in hockey; knows Travis Green and the Canucks well, therefore information from that source is false..? Also I’ve been reading on every social media platform for the last two weeks about how many people think the problem starts at the top and that Aquilini is a terrible owner. Jannik Hansen in a radio interview recently said the problem starts at the top. By the way yes my thing about the time of the Toffoli trade was a typo as the year numbers came out in the wrong spot. Thanks for your Google-copied and pasted definition of a typo though. Also I never used the term “HOF quality coach” along with Baumgartner just so you’re aware… I also never used the name Scott Niedermayer so it’s quite evident you’re the one who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. I think yes a D-man who’s been given credit from Bieksa and also had his best NHL season with 34 points in 70 games; in the same season that was Bieksas rookie season.. therefore holds some credibility. You can sit here and argue with me until you’re red in the face. But facts are facts. I’ve been playing high level hockey a long time. Connecting in hockey for a long time. Studying hockey for a long time. Plan to continue to work in hockey for a long time. And I know Canucks brass among many other hockey brass across North America and Europe. And that Nolan Baumgartner is a respected person and coach. Have a nice night and as Tortorella would say.. 

“K. See ya.”

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Watching that Tortorella clip though reminded me that as much as people slagged on him, hindsight shows that he was ultimately pretty much bang on about what needed to happen and what was wrong with the team.

So I point out that video and you agree with it yet bash the point I’m trying to get across… Lol okay then

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, ZH96 said:

So you’re not even reading what I’m saying yet calling it babbling? Writing a lot means I put detail and effort into what I put out.

I pretend to know things? Yeah because one of my many connections from my experience in hockey; knows Travis Green and the Canucks well, therefore information from that source is false..? Also I’ve been reading on every social media platform for the last two weeks about how many people think the problem starts at the top and that Aquilini is a terrible owner. Jannik Hansen in a radio interview recently said the problem starts at the top. By the way yes my thing about the time of the Toffoli trade was a typo as the year numbers came out in the wrong spot. Thanks for your Google-copied and pasted definition of a typo though. Also I never used the term “HOF quality coach” along with Baumgartner just so you’re aware… I also never used the name Scott Niedermayer so it’s quite evident you’re the one who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. I think yes a D-man who’s been given credit from Bieksa and also had his best NHL season with 34 points in 70 games; in the same season that was Bieksas rookie season.. therefore holds some credibility. You can sit here and argue with me until you’re red in the face. But facts are facts. I’ve been playing high level hockey a long time. Connecting in hockey for a long time. Studying hockey for a long time. Plan to continue to work in hockey for a long time. And I know Canucks brass among many other hockey brass across North America and Europe. And that Nolan Baumgartner is a respected person and coach. Have a nice night and as Tortorella would say.. 

“K. See ya.

I find it hard to believe anyone who played high level hockey would (with a straight face) suggest it proves a coach is a good one because years earlier as a player he gave another guy some advice. While ignoring the actual coaching results of the guy. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I find it hard to believe anyone who played high level hockey would (with a straight face) suggest it proves a coach is a good one because years earlier as a player he gave another guy some advice. While ignoring the actual coaching results of the guy. 

I think you and I have disagreed on some stuff, quite heavily in some cases, but your approaches on evaluating ZH's arguments makes so much sense. It doesn't make sense for a guy who claims to play such high level hockey talk about a player or a coach with such sweeping praise, but isn't able to talk about their flaws.

Baumgartner was not that good defensively as a player, even in his prime. But if one were to read ZH's post, one might think Baumgartner is Shea Weber.  A big defenceman with a big shot  :rolleyes:

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I think you and I have disagreed on some stuff, quite heavily in some cases, but your approaches on evaluating ZH's arguments makes so much sense. It doesn't make sense for a guy who claims to play such high level hockey talk about a player or a coach with such sweeping praise, but isn't able to talk about their flaws.

Baumgartner was not that good defensively as a player, even in his prime. But if one were to read ZH's post, one might think Baumgartner is Shea Weber.  A big defenceman with a big shot  :rolleyes:

Ya we have disagreed about some things. I do respect though that you have the ability to have opinions that you try to defend with facts not fluff. That’s actually why I enjoy debating with you. It’s a realistic two way street disagreement most of the time.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It’s hard to believe anyone who based on his teams record on paper for (not even one full season due to Covid) would point the finger at one assistant coach. You’re also being extremely vague and dulling down my points to make yourself look credible. I’m pretty sure Baumgartner did a lot more for Bieksa than tell him advice one time. As I’ve already pointed out as well.. Baumgartner was an Assistant Coach with Utica when the likes of Demko, Horvat, and Motte we’re passing through not to mention Baumgartner has been involved in every prospect camp, scrimmage, skate, skill session, testing, etc. for almost the last ten years. Going off of our current amount of young/talented forwards drafted by us; I’d say he’s done a good job helping out. You’re twisting things and it’s plain as day and looks manipulative. Not who I want to chat and exchange ideas with regarding our team. I tried to stick up for Baumgartner and that’s it. Enjoy the game today :canucks:

Edited by ZH96

5 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

It’s hard to believe anyone who based on his teams record on paper for (not even one full season due to Covid) would point the finger at one assistant coach. LOL. THAT is hard to believe and if you can’t see that…….

Maybe you have missed my many comments where I assign blame to every coach not named Clark or Shaw (because he wasn’t even here other than this year). 

The problem with the coaching is that it is a collection of bad coaches that should all be fired.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Hey now. As I said I’m just trying to stick up for certain people when I can. Our fanbase can be very toxic and read into things too much. If you’d like to have a chat about Baumgartners flaws as well or any other staff/player than by all means!

Enjoy the game today, 2 in a row!

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Maybe you have missed my many comments where I assign blame to every coach not named Clark or Shaw (because he wasn’t even here other than this year). 

The problem with the coaching is that it is a collection of bad coaches that should all be fired.

I can’t remember at this point if it was you I talked to with my ramble about evidence from the last 11 years that suggests Aquilini is a problem. But if so do you see where I was coming from with that? Coaches are only ever working with what they’ve got

1 hour ago, ZH96 said:

I can’t remember at this point if it was you I talked to with my ramble about evidence from the last 11 years that suggests Aquilini is a problem. But if so do you see where I was coming from with that? Coaches are only ever working with what they’ve got

It wasn’t me. I think the problems in this organization are Aquilini, the management group, and the coaching staff. Aquilini is a good owner in some ways and an awful one in others. 

It’s his business and I get that but the culture starts with his interference in hockey ops. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1