The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Recycling fee for milk bottles

ronthecivil

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Thanks for being lazy and polluting...this Milk charge is good and long over due in my opinion. Clear plastic bag and fill them with milk jugs, write how many are in the bag and drop it off at a bottle depot every couple months depending on how much milk you drink.

It is not that hard to do, but there are people who discard pop and alcohol returnable bottles still so I guess its to be expected people whine about the milk jug...Sad, but true!

I recycle all the time and let's just say that it adds up to a giant pile fast. Now it's just going to pile up faster.

The people that toss out their other containers that already have a charge aren't going to blink about tossing the milk too.

How about just make it easy? Another bin for beverage containers? Why not just make it easy to recycle instead of being punitive and regressive in what is effectively a new tax on milk?

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Seems like the government/agencies spend a great deal of time telling the end user what to do with the packaging; and not a lot getting the manufactor to create less or better packaging.

Why does so much toothpaste still come in a box?

Why is saran wrap, and  a styrofoam  tray still an approved way to package meat?

Any store that sends out flyers and adverts should have a bin at their location, so they can do their own recycling.

Or in some cases, the government actually is the cause of the excessive packaging.  See legal cannabis for an example.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1