The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Reshaping the team with multiple trades

I actually just posted this in the Miller trade thread, but thought it deserved it's own thread as it involves a few moves.

Okay, here, rip this to shreds:

Trade:

To Vancouver:

J Toews 50% retained

To Chicago

Dickinson

2024 2nd

2025 4th (Conditional on Resigning / effectiveness of Toews)

Trade:

To Vancouver

Severson

Mukhamadullin

2023 1st round

2025 3rd round

To NJ

JT Miller

Trade:

To Vancouver

Shattenkirk

To Anaheim

Myers

2023 4th round pick from Rangers

New 2022 / 23 Lineup

Forwards

Podkolzin / Pettersson / Boeser

Pearson / Horvat / Garland

Kuzmenko / Toews / Mikheyev

Joshua / Lazar / Hoglander

Dowling

Defense

Hughes / Severson

OEL / Shattenkirk

Rathbone / Schenn

Dermott

Goal

Demko / Martin

LTIR

Ferland

Poolman (if he's healthy, he competes for a spot on the right side, if he can't out perform the guys who are there, we trade or waive him and send to Abbotsford.

Mukhamadullin spends a year in Abbotsford maturing and getting ready to replace Schenn when his contract expires next summer.

$2,906,667 in remaining cap space.

Okay everyone, rip this sucker apart!

Like the trade with NJ a lot. A serviceable RHD and a defense prospect with picks added.  I think Severson and OEL would be an excellent second defense pairing.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, nameci said:

Like the trade with NJ a lot. A serviceable RHD and a defense prospect with picks added.  I think Severson and OEL would be an excellent second defense pairing.

I think we should get JR and Allvin on the phone and tell them to make these happen. Toews is getting a little on the old side, but he's also a proven leader in the room and would bring a lot of experience to our third line. His offense has faded a little, but he's still a guy that is hard for opposition to score goals when he's on the ice.

Would love to add Toews but your trade proposal is never going happen let alone Chicago blacklist us for future trades. Yes he bad a season last year lowest in his career but that doesn't mean your trade offer should reflect that.

If Im Vancouver

To Chi Myers, Dickinson, Dowling & 2nd rd 2024

To Van Toews 

or

To Chi Boeser & Myers

To Van Toews & 3rd rd rd 2023

5 hours ago, WCE said:

Would love to add Toews but your trade proposal is never going happen let alone Chicago blacklist us for future trades. Yes he bad a season last year lowest in his career but that doesn't mean your trade offer should reflect that.

If Im Vancouver

To Chi Myers, Dickinson, Dowling & 2nd rd 2024

To Van Toews 

or

To Chi Boeser & Myers

To Van Toews & 3rd rd rd 2023

Your first trade makes no sense from what I can see. Chicago has no use for Myers or Dowling. In terms of Chicago, adding Myers would probably make the trade less likely to happen.

Second trade, Boeser at this point in his career is far more valuable than Toews, he's not a cap dump as you've kind of positioned him here.

For Chicago, their option to move Toews is dependent on his ability to bounce back after last season. If he can, then they can probably get a 1st for him at the deadline. If he doesn't, then he probably walks for free next summer. The trade I put forth was about taking a chance that he could really recover his game without risking too much.