The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

‘Little’Canucks Thread

Rate this topic

Sharpshooter

For ‘our’ kids. 

Post your little one’s stories and pics supporting the Team. 

Please no pictures of your kids, unless you want them to be shown at the game with you. 

*Please blur out pics* if you’re not comfortable. 

I was 3 years old when I first attended my first game. 

All Dad/Mom/Family/No-Family stories are welcome. 

• Like 1

I don't have children, but when my niece was younger, about age 4, she wrote me a letter that she loved the Canucks, she loved me, she loved hockey.  It was so cute! She's a teenager now, so I don't think she will be writing letters about loving the Canucks, etc. At that age, I asked her if she liked the Bruins, and she thought the Bruins were yucky.  We even shot pucks against the door in my apartment she loved it! I even mailed her the two hockey sticks and the puck, and boy did her parents "love" that...! 

When I was around that age, age 5.  The first hockey team I knew of was the Maple Leafs.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

I don't have children, but when my niece was younger, about age 4, she wrote me a letter that she loved the Canucks, she loved me, she loved hockey.  It was so cute! She's a teenager now, so I don't think she will be writing letters about loving the Canucks, etc. At that age, I asked her if she liked the Bruins, and she thought the Bruins were yucky.  We even shot pucks against the door in my apartment she loved it! I even mailed her the two hockey sticks and the puck, and boy did her parents "love" that...! 

When I was around that age, age 5.  The first hockey team I knew of was the Maple Leafs.

That’s a cute story. 

And that’s what this thread is about. 

Thank you @brilac

• Like 1

In around 2004-2010 I saw a lot of games from a luxury suite (at the then called) GM Place that a company I worked for leased. Around 2007 I started taking my then 1 year old daughter to the games.

She would play with her toys on the coffee table or floor, she loved the crowd noise, tv's, etc. and when it was time to pack up her things and leave, every time without fail, she'd say, "No daddy, I wanna stay here and live at "Ca-Nutz" house (she was speaking full sentences at 10 months old).

I would say we have to go home to our house, and that it was "Canucks", not "Ca-Nutz", and she'd say "no, it's Ca-Nutz, 'cos it's nuts in here tee hee". On my death bed, these are the little treasures I will be recalling (if my mind will still afford me that).

Some of the best memories I have in my life, are centred around this team, far too many to even begin to list. So, if I ever butt heads with any of you on here, it's only because I more passionate about this team than you can ever know. Cheers.

(for privacy, I linked pics without my daughter, or anyone else in them...only ones when I'd first arrive)

1910586_8470712641_659_n.jpg

222075_4988512641_1381_n.jpg

230755_4988507641_1140_n.jpg

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Well there was the time Cliff Ronning scored that playoff overtime goal against the Kings and rode his stick.

Trying to think of a Bobby Lalonde story.  He definitely took a beating and got smacked around like a pinball in the Canucks' 1970s playoff series against Montreal.  But they did manage to win their first ever playoff game in that series and Lalonde was one of the better Canucks.

Kids are 2 and now 5. My kids both have Canucks shirts and PJs. I cannot wait to take them to a game one day. They are not quite interested yet but they know how much dad loves the Canucks. Going to get my daughter skates for Christmas this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

In around 2004-2010 I saw a lot of games from a luxury suite (at the then called) GM Place that a company I worked for leased. Around 2007 I started taking my then 1 year old daughter to the games.

She would play with her toys on the coffee table or floor, she loved the crowd noise, tv's, etc. and when it was time to pack up her things and leave, every time without fail, she'd say, "No daddy, I wanna stay here and live at "Ca-Nutz" house (she was speaking full sentences at 10 months old).

I would say we have to go home to our house, and that it was "Canucks", not "Ca-Nutz", and she'd say "no, it's Ca-Nutz, 'cos it's nuts in here tee hee". On my death bed, these are the little treasures I will be recalling (if my mind will still afford me that).

Some of the best memories I have in my life, are centred around this team, far too many to even begin to list. So, if I ever butt heads with any of you on here, it's only because I more passionate about this team than you can ever know. Cheers.

(for privacy, I linked pics without my daughter, or anyone else in them...only ones when I'd first arrive)

1910586_8470712641_659_n.jpg

222075_4988512641_1381_n.jpg

230755_4988507641_1140_n.jpg

My daughter spoke early like that too. Blew people away. My son is 2 and is repeating a lot but not close to what my daughter was. He progressed faster in other aspects like coordination and strength. He drive his little electric side by side around. He turns around obstacles and backs up everything.

I joke that I have one kid with the brains and the other brawn 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

My daughter spoke early like that too. Blew people away. My son is 2 and is repeating a lot but not close to what my daughter was. He progressed faster in other aspects like coordination and strength. He drive his little electric side by side around. He turns around obstacles and backs up everything.

I joke that I have one kid with the brains and the other brawn 

That's awesome haha. Cheers.

• Cheers 1