The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Inmates run the asylum {Proposals}

We chant fire Gillis bye bye Gillis we chant fire Green fire Benning there they go there they go. We chant sell the team for spending to the cap and "meddling" by mandating putting forth a team that tries to compete every year. If fans truly want a rebuild maybe FA shrugs and says sure. The bad thing about tanking is once you start you run the risk of becoming Buffalo who've been rebuilding for 20 years. I think if we are going to do it we have to go after prospects who address foundational areas and aren't 3-4 years away. but instead 1 or 2.  

To Detroit BO 50% Schenn

To Van Puis Suter + Marco Kasper https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/560848/marco-kasper+ AnttiTuomisto https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/396170/antti-tuomisto 

Detriot is ready to take the next step now but Veleno hasn't emerged yet and Kasper is a ways off. They get the player they need Kasper to develop into right now. Yzerman cackles manically 

To Washington Andrei Kuzzmenko

To Van Hendrix Lapierre https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201904/hendrix-lapierre

Washington is gonna start to turn it on down the stretch OVIE isn't done. Orlov is back, Wilson and Backstrom just peeled off the no contact jerseys. Adding Kuzzi to their PP just isn't fair. Lapierre has wheels and fits our need for speed. 

Future outlook with most of these kids playing in abby. But just to illustrate.

Mikheyev Pete Boeser

Pearson Miller Podkolzin 

Hoglander Lapierre Garland

Lazar Aman Dakota

Lekkerimaki Kaspar Karlsson

Lockwood Klim Bains

Hughes UFA? Schenn perhaps??

OEL Bear

Burr Myers 

Dermott  Tuomisto

Place holders  Garland, Pearson, Myers, we have a large amount of cap space to weaponize as well. Draft top five 2023 and 2024  and we might be able to flip the switch in 2024/2025 when Pod, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Tuomisto, Lapierre ripen. I'd like to see as many of the kids as possible in Abby for the time being would be something if while our NHL team struggled our farm team won a Calder Cup.  

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1

As a former extended visitor to a psychiatric ward, and an extended visitor on this planet, I think your trade proposal is out of this world.

But it’s not the fix we need. 

If the club is moving on from Bo, somehow a defender is coming back and still Tank for Beddard.

Bust for Beddard.

Enough of the all forwards and no defence…

if this team doesn’t want to repeat the futility of the last ten years.. did exactly what crazy people would do, continue the same mistake over and over snd each time, think that it was working.  

• Haha 1

I like it if Stevie Y is ready to make a splash. Not liking Miller at Center though, put him on the wing and trade Garland+ for a 2C or go fishing in UFA ... preferably get rid of Miller too for a RD and a 2C ... in a perfect world.

I guess your plan is to wait for Kasper to develop though for that spot?

• Cheers 1

On 12/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, Gawdzukes said:

I like it if Stevie Y is ready to make a splash. Not liking Miller at Center though, put him on the wing and trade Garland+ for a 2C or go fishing in UFA ... preferably get rid of Miller too for a RD and a 2C ... in a perfect world.

I guess your plan is to wait for Kasper to develop though for that spot?

I'd love to get a young franchise D for Bo but I don't really see that deal out there. We will probably have to draft our own and wait 3-4 years. I think Tuomisto would be a great add. Is he the answer hell no but at the very least he's a hulking bottom pairing RHD capable of playing simple stay home with a booming shot. Maybe he fills Myers boots without the pricetag. That's at least a step in the right direction. We need to start filling the stable with these guys they take a while to mature. If we grab him and sign him we will have him on a 2 year ELC he will be on it until he's 24.