The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Management STILL doesn't get it

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

I think fans are going to be really disappointed very soon.

If Horvat is traded this management thinks fans want a playoff game, notice the singular, game or round.

They have no faith in fans at all. They will build a team for their employment security, one that needs to be repaired over and over again but better than Benning's teams but not good enough.

They say or Rutherford says it will take years to do a rebuild, who actually believes that? I has taken years and the best years of some players careers to discover they were not good enough.

Be prepared for disappointment across the board.

The return for Horvat could be a player like Kotkaniemi and a couple of picks in the late 20's or 30's. With the reasoning that he might break out before his 4.8 mil contract runs out in 2030.

This management group seems a lot like Benning group, filled with cronies and past failed projects. People he knows.

I doubt any team in the western conference is considered a trade partner because teams never used to trade within their division.

But we could all be surprised and Miller is traded to Winnipeg, Washington or Boston, Horvat to Columbus for a haul, Garland to the NJD and Boeser to Minny with Schenn and Myers getting two first round picks in return this season and a future draft :towel: