The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Demko Fit our Timeline?

Rate this topic

CanucksJay

16 minutes ago, kilgore said:

And why complete the ghosting of them by also having no real starter?  It has taken them years and years for them to finally find a consistent starter in Skinner.  The one area where Canucks have been fairly lucky with is in goal, at least in the last number of years when everything else was in the dumps. Lu, Miller, Markstrom, Demko. I don't think some fans appreciate that, and understand how we could get everything else lined up for a two year plan to contend, only to realize we suck in net.  It can take a decade or more for some teams to finally find a decent starter.  I certainly don't want to take that chance.  I have faith Demko will rebound. 

Yup. We have been very fortunate in net for about 15 years now. I have been quite vocal about that and how tough it will be to not have goaltending moving forward. 

• Vintage 1

Demmer does fit the timeline. As mentioned earlier, his Bubble Demko performance shouldn't be forgotten. That being said, he's somewhat damaged goods by his injury issue. Off course that doesn't mean he won't be lights out for us when he returns. If we are to keep him, then he shouldn't be rushed. Let's get him 100% healthy and back to playing shape. We keep on with our backup tandem. No choice.

Somewhere it was mentioned that Demmer doesn't want to be in Van anymore. Whether or not this is true or rumour, I dunno. If that's the case, then we've gotta trade him. Last thing we need is another Schmidt, Holtby or Hamonic cancer in the locker room. 

Everything with regards to the plan with Demmer when he was all the talk back in covid years was on the upswing; #1 goalie of the future, young, cap friendly contract....what's not to like!?!?!?!?!?!! Dude's awesome. A bit of a setback with regards to post injury and performance. So what. Healing completely from injury takes time. Not just physically, but mentally too. I hope what I'm hearing regarding his unhappiness and wanting to leave isn't driven in any way with the medical staff, if you will (Re-Tanner Pearson debacle!) but......well?  It could be. 

In short he's been, and as far as I know, still is part of the plan for our future success. If he doesn't wanna be here though.....well......c'est la vie!