The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 23, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, sassbs said:

Not to mention the fact he’s been injured and off for awhile!   

That too BUT Giraffe does make "some" really good plays too. Just like the rest of the team that still has a bit of what I call "Green hesitation" 

I think it's mostly gone now but not completely for the majority of the roster, we still hesitate too much but it's better. 

D seems to have it the worst and that's where it's the most costly and glaring if it leads to goals against. 

I noticed it the most when Willy D was here and it just continued.. 

I was hoping it would be addressed and it is finally it's looking like but it needs a LOT more practice for everyone, not just Giraffe..

Edited by iceman64

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

That too BUT Giraffe does make "some" really good plays too. Just like the rest of the team that still has a bit of what I call "Green hesitation" 

I think it's mostly gone now but not completely for the majority of the roster, we still hesitate too much but it's better. 

D seems to have it the worst and that's where it's the most costly and glaring if it leads to goals against. 

I noticed it the most when Willy D was here and it just continued.. 

I was hoping it would be addressed and it is finally it's looking like but it needs a LOT more practice for everyone, not just Giraffe..

Lol “green hesitation”.   Facts.  I remember when jake destroyed mcdavid with a clean hit (penalized regardless).  He was spoken to by either willie or green and that was the day jake never hit the same again.

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

Lol “green hesitation”.   Facts.  I remember when jake destroyed mcdavid with a clean hit (penalized regardless).  He was spoken to by either willie or green and that was the day jake never hit the same again.

So your going to.point to one single incident that has nothing to do with what I was saying?

Try that again k?

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

So your going to.point to one single incident that has nothing to do with what I was saying?

Try that again k?

I took your comment as in, green had an influence to not hit anyone.   I only assumed this because no one finished their checks, no one hit. And for me, that memory started with Jake hitting mcdavid, and after that I can’t remember a single big hit 

33 minutes ago, sassbs said:

I took your comment as in, green had an influence to not hit anyone.   I only assumed this because no one finished their checks, no one hit. And for me, that memory started with Jake hitting mcdavid, and after that I can’t remember a single big hit 

No, hesitation in play especially with D trying to stretch pass instead of 3 man easy break out.. forwards out of position for long passes because they were too far away and would be picked off easily and a wait too long for a guy to get open would end up a turn-over in our end a LOT of the time and only Demko standing on his head saved us from losing/looking much worse. 

That's only part of it too.. but that's what I meant, and it exposed our lack of speed that Green probably adopted a "long game" trying to move the puck quicker by long passes instead of short quick ones moving up methodically by committee closer together. 

Do I know for sure if Green or Willy D started it first?  No but it makes sense under certain circumstances but that's what happens if by committee is skipped and relies on anything else but. 

The best teams in the league do it and always have done it to win cups, seldom has it been done here to the degree it needs to be but maybe RT will change that so it sticks like 2012, 1994, 1982 etc.. those teams were good at it too and that's why we had success but not enough depth... Hence no cup

12 hours ago, iceman64 said:

No, hesitation in play especially with D trying to stretch pass instead of 3 man easy break out.. forwards out of position for long passes because they were too far away and would be picked off easily and a wait too long for a guy to get open would end up a turn-over in our end a LOT of the time and only Demko standing on his head saved us from losing/looking much worse. 

That's only part of it too.. but that's what I meant, and it exposed our lack of speed that Green probably adopted a "long game" trying to move the puck quicker by long passes instead of short quick ones moving up methodically by committee closer together. 

Do I know for sure if Green or Willy D started it first?  No but it makes sense under certain circumstances but that's what happens if by committee is skipped and relies on anything else but. 

The best teams in the league do it and always have done it to win cups, seldom has it been done here to the degree it needs to be but maybe RT will change that so it sticks like 2012, 1994, 1982 etc.. those teams were good at it too and that's why we had success but not enough depth... Hence no cup

Ah sorry my fault.  You’re right as well with this point. Spot on.

Lol my comment does seem stupid now after reading your explanation.