The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll: Dog Days of Summer. Where Will We Finish in The 2023/24 Western Conference Standings?

Rate this topic

J-Dizzle

Where will we finish in the Western Conference Standings?  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

It’s been a frustrating stretch as a Canucks fan, no doubt.

IMHO, the farther you go back on our teams’s history, the less relevant or predictive that information is for next season. This seems especially true when looking back on previous management groups, that had a different motivations, vision, strategy, strengths, blindspots, etc.

For me, this core is worth investing in, and has a chance to make noise in the playoffs in the next 3 years, with the right support.

From management, the single improvement that gives me the most hope is the focus and investment in development, both in the NHL, and the AHL.

As for team culture, the remaining team leadership group are consistently, and internally, motivated to improve their individual games. They also put the team first over individual success.

That seems like the basis of a strong culture moving forward.

Horrible GM, horrible coaches, internal issues with the Bo Horvat contract, medical investigations, insane COVID outbreak that retired our 3C, 4 long term surgeries needed to start last season.....

This team can't catch a break and it's so frustrating because our core is so talented. 

• Cheers 2

On 8/7/2023 at 8:06 PM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Horrible GM, horrible coaches, internal issues with the Bo Horvat contract, medical investigations, insane COVID outbreak that retired our 3C, 4 long term surgeries needed to start last season.....

This team can't catch a break and it's so frustrating because our core is so talented. 

I guess we now know how it is being an Oilers fan during the early 2010's :P

Edited by iinatcc

On 7/31/2023 at 2:29 PM, Canucks_fo_life said:

Pacific Division standings at seasons end, I think 5 Pacific Division teams get into the playoffs

1. Edmonton*

2. LA*

3. Vegas*

4. Vancouver* - WC

5. Seattle* - WC

------------------

6. Anaheim

7. Calgary

8. San Jose

Changing my prediction after the big signing by the Canucks today

1. Edmonton

2. Vegas

3. Vancouver

4. LA

5. Seattle

6. Anaheim

7. Calgary

8. San Jose

On 8/12/2023 at 12:59 AM, iinatcc said:

Predictions from some betting oddmakers 

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/2023-24-nhl-standings-predicted-by-oddsmakers

Canucks are predicted to be 10th in the conference. Which seems to be the consensus now 

They’re wrong.

Canucks will finish 2nd in the western conference.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah I’m keeping the faith.

• Haha 1