The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dexter

JCiarniello

Not the greatest finale

But nice how everything wrapped up

I thought Lumen was going to jump off the boat or something the way those shots were framed.

I can't believe Deb came so close to figuring it out

Okay ep

But weak for a season finale

the season was good but it was a really disapointing finale.

SPOILERS

The killing of Chase i believe was very anti climactic. They've been building it up for several episodes and it just didnt really feel right. How was they blew off Quinn as the prime subject and I was kinda hoping Debb would find out(At the very end of the episode). Just because it would give some anticipation for next season. It kinda makes you wonder where they go from here. Whats the next challenge they face. It just came off as lazy writting imo. Last season finale was awesome though.

strangely, a part of me wanted deb to look past the curtains to find dexter and lumen. i guess it's because of the anticipation of what would happen next if she knew the truth. overall, i love this show because of all the suspenseful close calls dexter seems to have.

Pretty disappointing finale. Couple things that I didn't like was how they pumped up how great Chase's security was and how he would be impossible to touch, but in the end he decided to go by himself into a vacant farm...perfect dexter killing grounds. I didn't expect a prison break-esque plan to break in and kill him from under the guards noses, but they pretty much completely changed what Chase was about from the first 12 episodes of the season.

I also didn't like how easilly Quinn got off...even with Dexter giving the wrong info about the blood. What about the phone calls? The finger prints on the van? Signing off on the equipment? The last threatening message? He was still the prime suspect but they just let it go. Weird poor writing for a show that otherwise doesn't make them.

Pretty disappointing finale. Couple things that I didn't like was how they pumped up how great Chase's security was and how he would be impossible to touch, but in the end he decided to go by himself into a vacant farm...perfect dexter killing grounds. I didn't expect a prison break-esque plan to break in and kill him from under the guards noses, but they pretty much completely changed what Chase was about from the first 12 episodes of the season.

I also didn't like how easilly Quinn got off...even with Dexter giving the wrong info about the blood. What about the phone calls? The finger prints on the van? Signing off on the equipment? The last threatening message? He was still the prime suspect but they just let it go. Weird poor writing for a show that otherwise doesn't make them.

Yup, though season 1 was, for me, the best.....or at least tied with last season. This season has been great, but I think it's a bit of a set-up season for next year, as there hasn't been as much action.......it's been much more cerebral.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Michael C. Hall was cast perfectly as Dexter. I love this show. People are fascinated by serial killers, but there's always the 'hate' aspect to them as, well, they're killing innocent people. With this show, you get the serial killer and the good guy, all in one.

Perfect. Best show on TV.

Archived