The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Snowing heavy right now.

Gonna go pick up my buddy and go to the mountain

Having skills and knowledge of how to drive in the snow definitely makes a big difference. In fact people shouldn't drive in the snow if they don't know how to, even if they got snow tires. The trick is to choose the heaviest gear (D2 on my automatic transmission) and be light on acceleration and braking. I find most people just hit the gas instantaneously when they are at rest and this is the main reason their tires keep spinning.

This and if you lose control don't brake hard, usually it'll only make it worse, just don't over steer or it'll get messy.

Edited by Armada

Just finished the drive-way, where I had started is already completely white ffs. An fresh inch of snow after 1.5 hours of shoveling, really don't want to shovel again tonight before I go off to work.

Edited by Russ

Drove from south van to Richmomd and its night and day. Richmond is wayyyyyyy worse than south van. Going over the Arthur Laing was like driving in to a different world.

Number 2 road and Gilbert closed completely. Looks like down power lines . Probably 3 times as much snow as south van.

Drove from south van to Richmomd and its night and day. Richmond is wayyyyyyy worse than south van. Going over the Arthur Laing was like driving in to a different world.

Number 2 road and Gilbert closed completely. Looks like down power lines . Probably 3 times as much snow as south van.

I work in that area and tried to drive there from Surrey yesterday. Got stuck at the Alex Fraser for a few hours and said F it I'm going home!

Took the bus today and yeah it's falling like crazy.