The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Milos easily through to second round. Seeded #31. He is in Nadal's bracket and if he makes it that far will probably face him in the 3rd round. Can't Wait!

Edited by Donky

Just saw the tail end of the Dubois-Petkovic match... It's too bad Dubois lost it a bit in the first few games of the 3rd set, she definitely put on a good fight near the end.

Edited by ckamo

Sharapova lost in the womens final :(. Rafa and Djokovic are set to play in a few hours, should be good. With Novaks win on friday, he is now the No 1 player in the world no matter what happens this morning. First time in a long time that Federer/Nadal aren't No 1.

Edited by oh captain my captain

Djokvic wins in 4 sets. First time since 2002 that someone other than Federer or Nedal won at Wimbeldon. First time in 7 years that someone other than Federer or Nedal is No 1 in the world. I hear all the commentators calling Nadal, Fed, Nole and Murray the big 4, but I don't see how Murray can be lumped in with them, he's won nothing.

Djokvic wins in 4 sets. First time since 2002 that someone other than Federer or Nedal won at Wimbeldon. First time in 7 years that someone other than Federer or Nedal is No 1 in the world. I hear all the commentators calling Nadal, Fed, Nole and Murray the big 4, but I don't see how Murray can be lumped in with them, he's won nothing.

He will though. Just a matter of time. Djokovic didn't really sort out his game until the start of this year, and now look at him. Murray has the talent, he just has to utilise it. And stay focussed.

He will though. Just a matter of time. Djokovic didn't really sort out his game until the start of this year, and now look at him. Murray has the talent, he just has to utilise it. And stay focussed.

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but it can't be Andy Murray. I was watching bits and pieces of the Nadal match and once I saw that mental breakdown in the second set, I knew it was over.

In the end, I think that's what's gonna crush him. He's a bit of a headcase. So was Djokovic, but he's changed that this year.

So Canada sans Raonic and Dancevic erased a 2-0 deficit to defeat Ecuador to advance to the Americas Zone World Group Playoff! They will face a nation drawn from one of the 8 losers from the first round of this years World Group. Not sure if they could draw one of the other Group 1 teams. Pretty sure they can only face one of the teams falling out of the World Group. Davis Cup is so confusing!

Anyway Great Job by the guys that went and played!Pospisil, Bester and Nestor.

• 5 weeks later...

WOW WHAT A CRAZY ROGER'S CUP SO FAR!

NADAL LOSES TO IVAN DODIG, 1-6, 7-6, 7-6

Dodig is the 3rd player to beat Nadal this year, (Djokovic and Ferrer are the others)

- Nadal had a classy exit, as always, but man what a tiebreak in the end!

• 3 weeks later...

The US Open is underway. Fed cruised through his first round match. Venus went through relatively unscathed. Sharapova had a tough 3 setter but ended up pulling out the win. No. 1 Novak Djokovic is scheduled to play his first round match around 11:20am PST. Nadal and Serena will be playing in prime time under the lights at Arthur Ashe. As far as Canadians go, Rebecca Marino of Vancouver opens up at 8am PST. Alexandria Wozniak was eliminated in straight sets on day 1. On the mens side, Frank Dancevic gets going 9:20am PST. Vasek Pospisil of Vancouver starts play some time after noon.

I have a hard time believing anyone but Novak will win, but what I'm hoping and predicting if everything pans out is Rafa Vs Fed. Rafa is 3-0 against Federer this year, including a win at the French open.

Edited by oh captain my captain