The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

I really hope Maria can win and complete the career slam. After all the injuries shes dealt with, she deserves it.

Agreed. I'm enjoying her resurgence. Was hoping for the same from Ivanovic and she started off great but unfortunately wasn't able to get it done.

I'm waiting from someone to knock Andy Murray out...can't stand the guy

Agreed. I'm enjoying her resurgence. Was hoping for the same from Ivanovic and she started off great but unfortunately wasn't able to get it done.

I'm waiting from someone to knock Andy Murray out...can't stand the guy

I agree with wanting Murray out. Just something about him rubs me the wrong way. He will never be able to crack through Rafa/Fed/Nole.

Nadal has only lost 1 time in his career at Roland Garros, and that was the year he was injured. I looked up his career rankings, and from 2005-2010, he was stuck at #2, with a few weeks of 3rd/4th mixed in. It really shows just how much Rafa and Fed have dominated male tennis the past decade or so.

I agree with wanting Murray out. Just something about him rubs me the wrong way. He will never be able to crack through Rafa/Fed/Nole.

Nadal has only lost 1 time in his career at Roland Garros, and that was the year he was injured. I looked up his career rankings, and from 2005-2010, he was stuck at #2, with a few weeks of 3rd/4th mixed in. It really shows just how much Rafa and Fed have dominated male tennis the past decade or so.

Rafa is a beast on clay. If the 4 slams were all on clay court I don't think anyone would stand a chance of winning one against him

Rafa is a beast on clay. If the 4 slams were all on clay court I don't think anyone would stand a chance of winning one against him

If all 4 were on clay, which thank god they aren't, he would be beatable. The reason why he's only lost once is the draws he gets. Rafa gets the easiest draws every tournament he plays, makes me :picard:. Djokovic can beat him, Federer would beat him some time, and big ball bashers like Soderling (Who is the player who beat Nadal at Roland Garros) would be able to beat him.

Edited by Toasta Brigger

Djokovic wins!

Tsonga mentally came unglued a bit in the 5th set but both players battled insanely hard and gave it everything they had.

Tsonga will need to learn beat the big 3 if he is to increase his ranking. He is a pleasure to watch though. And classy too - agreed to give an on court interview so that he could apologize to the fans for losing and thank them for their support.

It's obvious Djokovic isn't as comfortable on clay but he battled it out. What an athlete.

By the looks of it, With Fed and Nole both winning in 5 sets, while struggling, this match will be really boring and full of breaks. Too bad, as last years Semi-final between the two of them was amazing.

My Score Mobile app is showing that both are scheduled for 5am PST but I think they are on Friday not tomorrow

Can anyone confirm? The Roland Garros website is confusing

Yeah both are on Friday. Hope Federer wins, still has to defend his points from last years final.

• Upvote 1

It'll be a Rafa vs Djokovic final!

Federer with 46 unforced errors and only 56% winners on 1st serve. He rarely showed any flashes of the brilliance we're used to from him. Not sure if it was just a bad day or if he is just no longer able to keep up.

Good for Novak though. Rafa has been sailing through this tournament so far so it was important for Novak to finish off the semi as fast as possible to give himself as much rest as he can get