The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

Doesn't matter if he's overrated, for pools, he's a stat beast especially on the Penguins. He's good for 35+ wins. Also depends on how amny points wins are, but I think Fleury's a upgrade on Mason. Playoffs for Fleury, and Mason maybe/borderline to make playoffs. Fleury isn't that good, but for pools, he's not a bad goalie to have. Nothing wrong with having a overrated goalie get 35+ wins for your pool. Not saying Mason is bad, but Fleury has a better cast in front of him is basically what I'm saying. :P

Heatley is better then Raymond by far, but I'd take Gonchar over Campbell, for cap reasons, and also because Gonchar is going to be getting top minutes and running the OTT PP all year.

Gonchar + Karlsson + Spezza + Alfie + Kovalev = Deadly :shock:

Overall in a fantasy league I think this trade depends on your needs. What you team lacks, what you can afford to give up.

Heatley is a beast in fantasy hockey. With the health of Gonchar a concern....I would take team A.

You never know about those goalies too. Mason could have a bounceback year, Campbell could have a better year.

Team A for sure.

As you aren't counting PIM I wouldn't take Giordano, he would be my last pick.

I think Zidlicky and Foster will be the biggest producers in that group but both will prob have crappy +/-. I would probably go with Zidlicky and hope that his +/- increases this year.

I'm sure nobody will be jumping at the other guys either, so you can prob see how the start of the season goes and then make another move if need.

as I said before, I'm a big supporter of Zidlicky, and I think he'll have a solid year, especially on the power play...but Bogasain has huge potential man, he's got a few seasons under his belt now, and he had such a strong start last year, he had 8 goals right off the bat, then he got injured and played through it all season..i really think he's gonna post some good numbers this year, even on a weak Atlanta team

as I said before, I'm a big supporter of Zidlicky, and I think he'll have a solid year, especially on the power play...but Bogasain has huge potential man, he's got a few seasons under his belt now, and he had such a strong start last year, he had 8 goals right off the bat, then he got injured and played through it all season..i really think he's gonna post some good numbers this year, even on a weak Atlanta team

I agree with you, I just feel Minnesota will be a Playoff team this year ( all a guess right?, but my opinion ) and if this is a Pool that includes Playoffs i'd take that into consideration. That said, Atlanta could be a surprise Playoff team aswell.

I agree with you, I just feel Minnesota will be a Playoff team this year ( all a guess right?, but my opinion ) and if this is a Pool that includes Playoffs i'd take that into consideration. That said, Atlanta could be a surprise Playoff team aswell.

Agreed. If the pool does include playoffs, I'd have to lean towards Zidlicky, although, I'm not sold on either team making the playoffs ;)

One thing I'm sure we can agree on though, is that Foster WILL NOT be playing this spring :P

I think Giordano would be the only one with a decent +/-. I think Foster had a great season last year but he will probably be sharing PP duties with Whitney. Zidlicky might get points, but Minnesota and Edmonton will be in the division cellar I think. Maybe Bogosian has a good year but looking at Atlanta there aren't really any credible first-line players.

1) Foster

2) Bogosian

3) Giordano

4) Zidlicky

Sorry guys, been extremely busy lately. Haven't had a chance to do much work on anything else here, really.

Many teams have not yet made up their remaining picks - please get to it ASAP! Thanks.

Teams that still have picks to make up:

Philadelphia (14 picks)

Montreal (14 picks)

Toronto (6 picks)

Columbus (4 picks)

NEED ROSTER PLAYERS!

PLEASE CONTACT ME!

Maybe next time there is a Dispersal Draft you will actually build your NHL team lol.....taking a dozen players from this years NHL Entry Draft was a head scratcher haha......I hope you understood that a Prospect Draft was coming after the Dispersal Draft......Anyways unless you go the ufa route, you will need to move some prospects for nhlers.

Archived