The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 2004 REVAMPED

250Integra

We have managed to create some unique features to the game... something that no other hockey game has.

Like the interface, it has full box scores (even from the AI simmed games), team reports, GameCast (WIP), etc. etc.

This has been possible because the frontend is all html/Javascript which allows us to add virtually ANYTHING there. Personally, I find lack of proper statistics and box scores a huge problem in new NHL titles.

You can check the previews here:

http://z6.invisionfr...?showtopic=1864

Our mod also extracts full box score from each and every played game automatically to your \nhl 2004\stats folder. Then you can archive all your game boxscores there or even share the stats in the forum. Check this thread for example:

http://z6.invisionfr...?showtopic=2657

Not to mention we have all genuine goal songs (individually for each team). You can make a custom fighting music for Vancouver Canucks if you want. We have also cracked the camera system so you can use pretty much any angle you like.

We managed to add completely new feature... now the game extracts all stats leaders from the dynasty/season. You can access them by one click only. This is brand new feature in the game. Another example that html/JS based interface has no modding limits.

2irsmxt.jpg

29d92de.jpg

I did the Vancouver Canucks 93/94 Roster with:

In-Game faces

Med/Small Pics

matching jerseys/backgrounds for all pics

Player's Numbers

Stats

Attributes

Pbp (some don't exist but made due e.g. 'Dirk' = Dyck, 'Morin' = Moran)

Edited Lines (In NHLView a couple of times but when you load up the Game I think it just changes to 'Best Lines')

Player info

I will add Cyberfaces after I finish with ALL of the NHL's rosters.

Also I would like to add a lot (such as Arenas, Interfaces, Coaches, etc...

Questions:

1.)has anyone done some of these teams rosters for the 93/94 season?

2.)Is it possible to get the Jets/Nordiques into the 96/97 mod?

3.)Has anyone done more in-game/med/small pics for the 96/97 mod?

I just finished the Rangers roster (I haven't put the in-game faces in yet) and will keep you updated. Thanks guys this is fun. I will upload if anyone wants this.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the latest mod...

The latest revolutionary interface addon from Egorgiy stores all gamedays correctly for each season game, each season date. Oldest bug in the calendar has been fixed.

Playerstats, goaliestats and scoring summaries are now accurate for every date, and the calendar is not showing screwed up boxscores for the old games any more...

Then we have a new GameCast with new graphics and Flash-like loading effect... this one randomizes correct amount of shots to the shooting chart.

97595473.gif

76002439.gif

Genuine counterpart from the ESPN NHL site... we tried to emulate the Flash effect and behavior.

LINK.

85255954.gif

I have been modding NHL 04 for the 93/94 season. (With the help from some people over at flyermania.net a shout out to CanuckFanatic92)

Here are some screens:

title17.jpg

snapshot1.gif

snapshot4.gif

nhl005.gif

pacificc1.gif

thewiz.gif

I also play NHL 10 but this game is fun with all the mods. They have certain things in it you can't get with the newer games such as: authentic boards, authentic arena music (na na na song and many more 90's songs) and chants (Go Canucks Go chant), goalie masks, Jim Houston, etc... total customization.

• 2 months later...

This is a PC alternative, not a console game.

You can't get NHL 10 and NHL 11 for PC.

I have both games for XBox 360 though... haven't played NHL 11 yet, but NHL 10 is a decent game... but I still prefer 04. Personally, I don't like soulless console games. The only mod you can do for those is to set the player attributes with a joypad. Console games are good if you don't care about accurate ads, lineups, ices, jumbotrons and don't care to see stuff like specific gameday statistics from your season / dynasty, exportable full boxscores, 100% accurate team specific goal songs & horns, etc. etc.

Of course for many people the biggest criterias are the eyecandy and that the game is new. This mod is not for them. It's an alternative for the PC gamers. Believe it or not, there are still hardcore PC gamers out there...

Archived