The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

PC version with all settings maxed. Spectral lighting etc. The world looks amazing. Hope it mods like prev elder scrolls did. Those mods kept the games interesting long after they would have been uninstalled otherwise.

A online co-op version would be cool.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/

For all your modding needs. They've got everything from visual enhancements to re-working the whole Destruction magic tree (I know you're 2H, but still).

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/

For all your modding needs. They've got everything from visual enhancements to re-working the whole Destruction magic tree (I know you're 2H, but still).

yeah, thats for after I finish the game. Will prob go all the way through with 2 or 3 diff chars before I move on to using lots of mods.

New to the game. Lvl 9 2 handed weapon dude. 48 points in 2 handed weapons and 32 or so in heavy armor.The little 4 second stutters, especially when running somewhere, annoy the hell out of me. At least you dont keep moving and get dropped off a cliff or something but its still annoying. have heard its the same on all platforms so its Bethesdas glitch to fix. Pathing for your party members could be way better as well. If you actually read every book you come across you have far more patience than I do. I open them. Never know what skill youll upgrade but thats it.

PC version with all settings maxed. Spectral lighting etc. The world looks amazing. Hope it mods like prev elder scrolls did. Those mods kept the games interesting long after they would have been uninstalled otherwise.

A online co-op version would be cool.

EDIT: im playing on what WAS a gaming PC 3-4 years ago. Was expecting to have to upgrade for Skyrim but it runs smooth at maxed out settings.

I'm on Xbox and I don't have that many glitches. For the 1st bit I got the game it would freeze every hour or 2 which was really annoying but my Xbox stopped doing that after the 1st week and everything seems basically good except when the water doesn't load or the weapon you put in your hand doesn't really come up and you take a few extra shots to the face. But other than that stuff every once and a while I find it runs generally smooth.

About 30 hours in

Level 26 Nord

Shield and Sword, Destruction

It's too bad you can't level up your shouts apart from finding the rest of the words...I use unrelenting force and ice form quite often. Each shout should also have it's own recharge time, although that would make the game much too easy.

I came across a rather annoying bug during the "Elder Knowledge" quest of the main storyline. Apparently it has happened to quite a few people as well. To get the location of an elder scroll, you need to talk to the orc librarian at the College of Winterhold, but when I talked to him, no options appeared regarding the scroll rendering the quest (and thus the game) unfinishable...or so I thought. It turns out that you can just go through the motions and dungeons required to get the elder scroll despite the bug. Although you'll have to finish the rather lengthy quest without the aid of quest markers.

Question: Should I buy this game?

If so, any tips, tricks, and good classes etc. that might help me to enjoy it?

There's still a few bugs/glitches to be worked out for sure, but it's really fun and very nearly open-ended.

If you really want to enjoy the game, don't go the smithing/enchanting route. Also, pure mage isn't as fun unless you get one of the magic improvement mods - It gets outclassed by basically any melee in the vanilla version late in the game.

What are some of the best/better classes in the game?

Sneaky archer, uber magi, sword and board warrior. It's all good, baby.

Also, no classes in the game, just skills you focus on and skills you don't.

Am I the only one that has yet to encounter a single glitch?

I watch all these video's on Youtube, on how many glitches occur, but after 30+ hours of playing... It's been smooth sailings for me... :o

Same here, other than the giant launch and crashes/freezes/corrupt saves. In game though... it's marvelous.

I haven't listed my character yet. There was a post about doing it a page or so back...I forgot.

Wood Elf

Lvl 30

Heavy Armor 64

One-Handed 45

Archery 92

Sneak 60

Lockpicking 52

Speech 84

Destruction 32....lol.

At the moment I use a Supple Ancient Nord Bow - 36 damage

Or a Glass Sword of Scorching - 21 damage + the enchantment effects. I rarely use the sword though

Armor is

Masque of Clavicus Vile - 29 armor + 20% better prices +10 Speechcraft + magicka regenerates 5% faster

Necklace of Waterbreathing when I want to, if not then

Necklace of the Eminent Knight - +20 heavy armor

Nightweavers Band - 10% Sneaking, Destruction costs 10% less

Superior Orcish Gauntlents - 23 armor

Shield of Ysgramor - 38 armor, +20% magic resist, +20 Health

Shrouded Boots - wearer is muffled

Steel Plate Armor(Fine) - Destruction 3% less to cast, magicka regenerates 10% faster

I haven't done any grinding at all....besides the Speech thing in Riften for only 10 Speech Levels.

High Elf

Level 58

One-handed 100

Smithing 100

Speech 100

Illusion 100

Light Armor 91

Heavy Armor 66

Destruction 62

Restoration 60

Conjuration 88

Alteration 37

Lock picking 65

Sneaking 80

Blocking 48

Two-handed 68

Pickpocketing 41

Alchemy 25

Enchanting 65

Archery 54

Best weapons:

Daedric Sword of Vampire

Dragonbane

Ebony Battleaxe of the Inferno

Ebony Bow of Storms

I just finished the quest where you have to kill

jarl ulric of stormcloaks

, it than tels me to return and report to the jarl of riften and whiterun. I did it with the riften jarl but when I talk to the whiterun jarl, there is no dialogue option to finish that miscellaneous quest.

Anyone else have that problem? Or it only me?

Getting this game really soon, hopefully it won't be so addictive that I can still get some sleep and function in the real world.

My brother was telling me something about killing the end-game boss as soon as you can because he gets super hard the more you level up, and also to watch out for vampires? Is this true?

Archived