The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Thanks for answering my questions (And everyone else who did so too).

Is it bigger than RDR/GTA games, in your opinion? I know there is no way to tell, but maybe a rough guess.

PS map and world kinda reminds me of LORD OF THE RINGS, anyone else see it? Of course i've never played it but i've seen some of the world from reviews

It's definitely bigger than GTA, as for RDR I've only ever played at my buddy's house and it was mostly online. I really don't know. It is big though, and there is a LOT to do. There are around a dozen towns with places to go and explore, dozens if not hundreds of caves, bandit lairs, occupied keeps, and so on to visit and clear. I've recently stopped fast traveling unless it's across the whole man, and the game is even more enjoyable. Come across some awesome random scenarios that make the world feel... alive.

It's definitely bigger than GTA, as for RDR I've only ever played at my buddy's house and it was mostly online. I really don't know. It is big though, and there is a LOT to do. There are around a dozen towns with places to go and explore, dozens if not hundreds of caves, bandit lairs, occupied keeps, and so on to visit and clear. I've recently stopped fast traveling unless it's across the whole man, and the game is even more enjoyable. Come across some awesome random scenarios that make the world feel... alive.

Skyrim is definitely bigger than RDR and GTA. Plus, after the main map.....you can even add on all of the caves, buildings, dungeons, etc etc. Skyrim is massive.

Might get this game on Monday. It's too late to actually play it though, with my final exams in a month. I was supposed to use the week and a half between the release date and Monday to do it.............

Still might try to squeeze it in though, lol. Everyone makes it sound like I'm missing out on way too much.

GOTY for me. There are some flaws to the game, it isn't perfect. But this is consuming my life. 30 hours played and it still feels like the first couple hours. Supposedly 300 hours of content or more.

With all the caves and random places in mountains, etc. there is so much gameplay available.

I am only level 4, but have traveled alot (didn't know about fast travel at first so I was walking forever it seemed). There is so much to see its amazing I think.

Guest gumballthechewy

I don't seem to have any problems with arrows, I've got hundreds now, of all kinds. There's a perk that allows you to recover 2x as many arrows as well. I haven't bought a single thing in the game, except soul gems and magic tomes I think.

Some people have all the luck! :D

I just finished a quest called "Evil in Waiting" located in Valthume. I started it at level 13, and came out level 16. I died about ten times finding the "vessels" you're supposed to find, and then another 8 times fighting the boss at adept difficulty. Needless to say, this was probably the hardest quest I've ever played both in Oblivion and Skyrim (so far)

It was worth it though, there's a dragon wall near the end behind bars, and some interesting loot (I found an ebony sword, shield, hammer and the final boss has this extremely powerful staff that should prove useful at some point).

:lol:

lmao. I have to do this now.

As for the game: I'm really trying to like it. I couldn't get into Oblivion, but for some reason I love Fallout 3 and NV. I think I'm in for the long haul now though.

I love how alive the world feels. I stopped by at an inn to do a minor side quest - and maybe rob some people - but another quest showed up when I got there that turned out pretty fun. They've actually made the traveling aspect of the game a core component; it's to the point where I don't use fast-travel unless I'm finishing up some quests.

Just got my first Daedric Artifact. :) You get a trophy for getting one. The quest is in Markarth.

That quest is so awesome, I also did Sheogorath's mission and got the wabbajack but the best Daedric quest I did was Sanguine's.

And I agree with The Fool that I like walking places I haven't been yet and will usually only fast travel if I'm just cashing in at the end of a mission or have a couple completed and need to jump a couple times across the map in a row.

Still considering buying

A few friends on psn asked if they should buy or rent, I said if they've never played the series before to rent to see if you would like it. One rented it since they didn't play Oblivion or Morrowind. He's been playing Skyrim for 2 days and said he is going to buy it when the rental has to go back. It's epic. (I hate saying things are epic since it's overused and loses it's meaning but yeah, it's epic!)

That quest is so awesome, I also did Sheogorath's mission and got the wabbajack but the best Daedric quest I did was Sanguine's.

And I agree with The Fool that I like walking places I haven't been yet and will usually only fast travel if I'm just cashing in at the end of a mission or have a couple completed and need to jump a couple times across the map in a row.

Ya I got the Mace and could have had the axe, but I said no to the axe. He gave me a masque instead that is way better.

It's from a mission where you find a guy's missing dog, and the dog leads you to a Daedric leader. :lol:

Edit: If someone can tell me where to get a Daedric bow, I will be pleased. :P

Archived