The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

How do you get all of your stats up so fast? I know even if that means 30 hours...still that's pretty fast. I'm like 50+ hours in and my Archery is the highest I have at 82. The thing I always do is Sneak+Snipe with the Bow. My speech is still pretty crap and my smithing is pretty crap too. Whenever I go to smith something everything is greyed out and I don't have the materials for it.

One question: In the loading screen, it says spells level up by using them. Does this mean I don't have to hit anyone? I can just use the spell whenever I want ( ie: Firebolt ) and it will level up?

I know a buddy of mine got his One-Handed skill up to 100 by just summoning a creature over and over and killing it every time.

Well your Archery may be higher if you din't sneak attack since it would take more hits. No, spells have to hit something even if it is just a fox or something non-aggressive. And there is no need for spamming you Smithing even with characters I never focus on smithing mine always ends up very high because you just need to collect pelts and make either leather helmets or bracers and they will level up your smithing just as much as anything with ingots and will be much more cost effective(if you really want to buy them that is) and you find so many wild animals anyways it makes it easy plus if a merchant can't pay you enough money for something you can just exchange for a few of their pelts of something like that. But I definitely don't think it is worth spamming you attributes like that guy is saying, doesn't sound worth it to me but I guess to each his own.

On a side note I'm starting a Kahjiit Hand to Hand and Archery character and the H2H is actually pretty sweet theres even finishing cut scenes for it, I really want to do one on a Dragon.emot-parrot.gif

Is it really that fun to just grind the sh*t out of skills like that?

It kinda seems like it would defeat the purpose of the entire game. Why bother smithing a trillion daggers (which is extremely boring) and then run around as a godly damage sponge in daedric armor from the beginning of the game?

Why break the leveling system when you could do it by just playing through this amazing game?

To each his own I guess.

Cause this is my second account.

hey guys, ive been saving my skill points im a wood elf what should i use them on? im not sure im new to this as i said earlier, what should i focus my skill poiints on?

thanks

chris

If you use a bow, put them in archery. If you use a two-handed weapon, put into two-handed, if you use fireballs - destruction. Really, not that complicated if you read the descriptions.

Some of the perks are useless though

Which is why reading is essential to picking well, no? ...Unless the guy wants someone to pick for him, in which case he should just uninstall.

If I'm making a Rogue/Archer type character, what would be the best race for that? (Between the human races. Don't want to be a creature or an elf.)

I don't think any of them give you boosts to stealth/archery. Although it really doesn't matter, as you can max out whatever skills you want with any race you want. It's really about the racial bonuses and looks.

Tips? Don't kill the chicken. When asked about a suspicious house, help. Read all the books. Explore, never know what you'll come across.

He means just open the book, you don't really have to read them but opening them sometimes will put markers on your map to cool dungeons or give you a level up in a skill. Of course if you feel like reading them have right at it just thought I'd clear that up since your a rookie.

Was trying to play the game on my crap laptop. Set it to minimum setting in every regard, and I think I'm pulling maybe 3 frames per second out of it. Lol. I can't figure out where the hell I was going, or what I was doing. At one point I accidentally started attacking some patrolling guards and ended up slaughtering them. Got a bounty on me.

They should go multiplayer in a patch. Make battlefields for war games or something. Nothing beats PvP for true challenge.

The starting skill level is ridiculously easy, even for new players like myself.

Not that I dont absolutely love the game on ps3!

PvP is not elder scrolls, its all about your own personal experience. If you want a challenge, turn up the difficulty

New to the game. Lvl 9 2 handed weapon dude. 48 points in 2 handed weapons and 32 or so in heavy armor.The little 4 second stutters, especially when running somewhere, annoy the hell out of me. At least you dont keep moving and get dropped off a cliff or something but its still annoying. have heard its the same on all platforms so its Bethesdas glitch to fix. Pathing for your party members could be way better as well. If you actually read every book you come across you have far more patience than I do. I open them. Never know what skill youll upgrade but thats it.

PC version with all settings maxed. Spectral lighting etc. The world looks amazing. Hope it mods like prev elder scrolls did. Those mods kept the games interesting long after they would have been uninstalled otherwise.

A online co-op version would be cool.

EDIT: im playing on what WAS a gaming PC 3-4 years ago. Was expecting to have to upgrade for Skyrim but it runs smooth at maxed out settings.

Archived