Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report(s)] Zach Parise Discussion thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
627 replies to this topic

#1 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

There's rumours of Parise as of late. He is the player that would put the Vancouver Canucks over the top. Sedin, Sedin, Parise, Kesler is dominant. Detroit-esque. Let's make this a place to discuss where he will end up.

Zach Parise said today he was saddened to hear that Jamie Langenbrunner was traded to the Dallas Stars... Parise said. "It's tough for me personally. Jamie's been really good to me since I got here. I don't know if it's the Minnesota connection. He was great to me and my family. I sat next to him in the dressing room and learned a lot."...As for his own health, Parise is recovering from a torn meniscus in his knee. He will be examined by a doctor March 2 and still hopes to play a few games at the end of the season...

NJ.com (Star-Ledger)

Scuttlebutt continues that Zach Parise, a restricted free agent as of July 1, has no aspirations to remain in New Jersey.

Boston Globe

Zach Parise's new agent has put a contract talks on the back burner while the Devils' left wing begins his recovery from knee surgery.

Parise has hired Wade Arnott and Don Meehan of Newport Sports Management to represent him as he heads toward restricted and unrestricted free agency in the two coming summers, The Post has learned..."Our first priority at this time is getting Zach back to full health. We will leave the business matters for another day," said Arnott, brother of Devils center Jason Arnott."

New York Post (Via Pro Sports Daily)

Other tidbits:

Parise will likely not go the arbitration route. A player playing so few games going into arbitration is not going to get a contract in his favour.

Parise's salary this year is 5,000,000 and his cap hit is 3.125. He would be (most likely) ready for playoffs, but very rusty. Would it be worth the risk for a contender like the Canucks?

Parise has 25 playoff points in his last 26 playoff games.

Parise played for USA in the Olympics. (Kesler connection.. maybe.. far reach, but you never know).

Will update this thread as things happen.

Edited by Thomas Gradin, 12 January 2011 - 08:28 PM.

#2 M.Lapierre.40

M.Lapierre.40

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

i feel bad for parise he missed lanenburger alot
probably he wont return to the devils
he might sign with ahem canucksPosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
BANGG BANGG BANGG BANGGG

VAMANOS VAMANOSSSS

#3 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Bieksa + Raymond + Schneider + for Parise + Hedberg? I'd love Clarkson back also but not sure it would fit cap wise. That's probably what it would take player and cap wise though.

I cannot believe I am saying this but with the way this team is going I can't make the deal if it involved Bieksa, unless I know 100% Salo is ready to go.

Edited by KeslerownsIginla, 12 January 2011 - 08:43 PM.

You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#4 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,277 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

The price would be astronomical.

Raymond, Hodgson and 1st round pick for Parise is the 'likely' jumping point.
Posted Image

#5 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

As for regular season (next year and beyond) his shootout stats are pretty good. 5/11 last year, and 4/8 the year before.

#6 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Bieksa + Raymond + Schneider + for Parise + Hedberg? That's probably what it would take player and cap wise.

I cannot believe I am saying this but with the way this team is going I can't make the deal if it involved Bieksa, unless I know 100% Salo is ready to go.

True, we can't really afford to move any of our top 5 defenseman until we're sure Salo is ready to go or Gillis has another trade lined up.

Saying that Parise is a VERY VERY good 2-way forward. So in that sense, he helps our defense quite a bit.

Another bonus - Parise gives us an excellent 2nd PP unit.

#7 nuck7635

nuck7635

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Imagine that. Two of some of the best American players on the team with two of some of the best Swedes

Sedin Sedin and Kesler Parise could pack a punch. That's one player I have no problems seeing Raymond and other highly touted assets go for.

#8 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Listen Zach Parise makes any team better and I think the Canucks are actually a great trade partner with New Jersey because of Cory. Raymond would also be an attractive piece because of his skill, speed, youth and price. Cory however would be the key to the deal because Marty is aging quickly and I'm pretty sure they don't have a young goaltending prospect.

The issue is salary. His cap hit is very affordable so Cory + Raymond + a Hansen type + 1st fits cap wise so maybe...

I just talked myself into how to do it without trading a d-man.

Hmmmm...
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#9 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Listen Zach Parise makes any team better and I think the Canucks are actually a great trade partner with New Jersey because of Cory. Raymond would also be an attractive piece because of his skill, speed, youth and price. Cory however would be the key to the deal because Marty is aging quickly and I'm pretty sure they don't have a young goaltending prospect.

The issue is salary. His cap hit is very affordable so Cory + Raymond + a Hansen type + 1st fits cap wise so maybe...

Hmmmm...

That is a pretty good proposal. Since Parise is still earning 3 million ish for this season we can easily fit him into our team.

I say go big or go home. Imagine Kesler playing with Parise :shock:

Edited by Sanford, 12 January 2011 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hmmmm...

I was thinking a package like this:

Raymond, Schneider, Schroeder, low-end prospect (Oberg?) + 1st in 2011 for Parise + Hedberg.

Upgrade the low-end prospect to Connauton if needed. I am a big K-Naut supporter, but if that's what it takes to land Parise, it's absolutely worth it.

Schroeder has quite a bit of depth chart to climb before cracking our line-up. He's expendable in my eyes. He's good, but he's so so short. Not saying it's impossible for him to make it, but the odds ARE against him, especially on a team as deep as our's.

#11 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

If that's the price I can't see why we don't jump on it.

IMO Parise puts us over the top.
Posted Image

#12 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

Schneider, Raymond, Shirokov, Rome... I'd do it from both sides. Cory gets to go play under and take over from one of the greats, and the devils would like the young players in Raymond, who is just coming into his own, and Shirokov who would probably be playing on their team already if they had him in their system. Rome would just be a little bonus as a capable 3rd pairing and someone who already knows Schneider and would have built up a rapport (something key for goalies/d-men). it would make Cory's transition much easier. I'd rather not do it until after the playoffs though. trade for his RFA rights and whatnot.

#13 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

I was thinking a package like this:

Raymond, Schneider, Schroeder, low-end prospect (Oberg?) + 1st in 2011 for Parise + Hedberg.

Upgrade the low-end prospect to Connauton if needed. I am a big K-Naut supporter, but if that's what it takes to land Parise, it's absolutely worth it.

Schroeder has quite a bit of depth chart to climb before cracking our line-up. He's expendable in my eyes. He's good, but he's so so short. Not saying it's impossible for him to make it, but the odds ARE against him, especially on a team as deep as our's.

Agreed 100% Schroeder is expendable. Anton Rodin IMO will be better then Schroeder and is a fairly similar player.

I think Raymond+Scheider+Schroeder+ 1st and low and prospect should get it done.
Posted Image

#14 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 14,203 posts

Raymond (no-brainer)
Schneider (no-brainer)

After that what do you add?

A 1st rounder? Hodgson or Schroeder? Ehrhoff? Ballard? (Ehrhoff is my favorite defenseman on the Canucks, but for Parise...)

Raymond
Schneider
Pick (2nd - 3rd)
Prospect (Hodgson - Schroeder)
Top-4 D-man (Ballard - Ehrhoff - Bieksa)

Would be the cost IMO.

You will be missed.

#15 Gnickers87

Gnickers87

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,441 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

A team that will be all over trying to get Parise for next season? The LA Kings. He's exactly what they want and need.

I imagine their offer would be something like Bernier, Simmonds, Hickey and a 1st Round Pick. Other interchangeable possibilities are Moller, Voynov, Teubert, Forbort and Loktionov. There is also Braydon Schenn as well.

Edited by Gnickers87, 12 January 2011 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Rodin35

Rodin35

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

It would be similar to a Kovelchuck deal so a top 6 , Prospect and a pick

Raymond, Cory, Schroeder and a 1st( if he resigns) for Parise and Headberg

#17 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Agreed 100% Schroeder is expendable. Anton Rodin IMO will be better then Schroeder and is a fairly similar player.

I think Raymond+Scheider+Schroeder+ 1st and low and prospect should get it done.

Rodin has a better chance of cracking the team, mostly because he has the grittiness and two-way ability to play in the bottom six.

#18 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

Raymond (no-brainer)
Schneider (no-brainer)

A 1st rounder? Hodgson or Schroeder? Ehrhoff? Ballard? (Ehrhoff is my favorite defenseman on the Canucks, but for Parise...)

Raymond
Schneider
Pick (2nd - 3rd)
Prospect (Hodgson - Schroeder)

Would be the cost IMO.

If a top 4 d-men would be the cost, I think it is quite fair.

Parise puts us over the top, he gives us an extra punch... a pure goal scorer.

We lose Raymond (replaced by Parise) and Scheider (we already do have Luongo), prospect wise... the Canucks are having the best season in ages perhaps its time to take risks by trading some future to get us on top. Bieksa would be no loss if Salo is able to come back.

Edited by Sanford, 12 January 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

It would be similar to a Kovelchuck deal so a top 6 , Prospect and a pick

Raymond, Cory, Schroeder and a 1st( if he resigns) for Parise and Headberg

Similar, but Parise is wayyy better defensively and is an upcoming RFA, not UFA.

#20 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

A team that will be all over trying to get Parise for next season? The LA Kings. He's exactly what they want and need.

I imagine their offer would be something like Bernier, Simmonds, Hickey and a 1st Round Pick. Other interchangeable possibilities are Moller, Voynov, Teubert, Forbort and Loktionov.

Kings definitely seem like a good fit, also.

#21 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Canucks Franchise Player

• 14,203 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

If a top 4 d-men would be the cost, I think it is quite fair.

Parise puts us over the top, he gives us an extra punch... a pure goal scorer.

We lose Raymond (replaced by Parise) and Scheider (we already do have Luongo), prospect wise... the Canucks are having the best season in ages perhaps its time to take risks by trading some future to get us on top. Bieksa would be no loss if Salo is able to come back.

I wouldn't mind moving Ballard, if management thinks Bieksa is going to be more vital for a playoff run. Either way -

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Parise - Kesler - Tambellini
Torres - Malhotra - Samuelsson
Glass - Bolduc - Hansen

Ehrhoff - Edler
Hamhuis - Bieksa/Ballard
Salo - Alberts
Rome

Luongo
Hedberg

You will be missed.

#22 Guest_burrows_*

Guest_burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

Raymond (no-brainer)
Schneider (no-brainer)

Raymond
Schneider
Pick (2nd - 3rd)
Prospect (Hodgson - Schroeder) none
Shirokov
3rd round pick (2013)
6th round pick (2012)

Would be the cost IMO.

That's what I would do, Ballard gives them a player with some years left on his contract, but it depends on if he is willing to go to another rebuilder for a part of his career (Phoenix, Florida). With all those years spent on losing teams, I doubt he would want to leave Vancouver, a winning franchaise with a bright future ahead of them.

#23 mdehaan

mdehaan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

And personally I would never do that.

Dollars are the current method of storing your economic time and labour. I hope you plan to turn those dollars into goods and services soon, because the the value of the dollars relative to the goods and services you buy, decreases every day.

"Money is worth what it will help you to produce or buy and no more." Henry Ford 

#24 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

Even if a top 4 D-men does not go their way, Parise's current cap hit is only at 3,125,000 million.

Raymond + Scheider already clears enough room for us to accommodate Parise's cap hit. We could be in trouble come the re-signing phase... but having Zach Parise in our team even only for a year... increases our chances in seeing Lord Stanley.

Edited by Sanford, 12 January 2011 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

Keith Ballard would have to be asked to list 7 teams.

New Jersey likely would not appear on that list and Gillis would probably know this and not ask him to list the 7 teams.

#26 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Keith Ballard would have to be asked to list 7 teams.

New Jersey likely would not appear on that list and Gillis would probably know this and not ask him to list the 7 teams.

That leaves Bieksa as the only plausible trade piece. Losing Erhoff IMO would be a big minus to us... even if we gain Parise.
Posted Image

#27 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Canucks Franchise Player

• 14,203 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

That's what I would do, Ballard gives them a player with some years left on his contract, but it depends on if he is willing to go to another rebuilder for a part of his career (Phoenix, Florida). With all those years spent on losing teams, I doubt he would want to leave Vancouver, a winning franchaise with a bright future ahead of them.

Devils are just having a bad year IMO. If they net a top 3 pick, and get Hopkins, they will be good to go, especially with all their high end prospects in their system.

Kovalchuk - Zajac - Raymond
Elias - Nugent-Hopkins - prospect
prospect - Zubrus - Clarkson
Zharkov - Pelley - plug/prospect

Prospects include - Palmieri (W), Josefson ©, Tedenby (W), Vasyunov (W), and a Canuck prospect (Hodgson, Schroeder, Shirokov...) (all fairly high end prospects)

A healthy Volchenkov should help their defense.

Volchenkov - Greene
Tallinder - Ballard/Bieksa
White - prospect

Prospects include - Corrente, Fraser, Taormina, Urbom (most have some NHL exp)

Broduer
Schneider

Adding Ehrhoff instead of Bieksa/Ballard would just allow us to keep one of our prospects/picks, as Ehrhoff is more valuable then both.

You will be missed.

#28 SOB for MVP

SOB for MVP

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hedberg has a NTC

Posted Image

sig by -VC-

#29 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

That leaves Bieksa as the only plausible trade piece. Losing Erhoff IMO would be a big minus to us... even if we gain Parise.

A giant minus yes, but if Salo is going to be back, then he can replace Ehrhoff on the 1st PP unit.

I LOVE Ehrhoff, but like Al said... for Parise? Hell yeah, I'd move him.

#30 Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

Like that one guy said, LA would likely be the front runner for this, IF it were to happen

Knowing Gillis(sorta), unless it's a no brainer, personally I don't see him trading our biggest assets, depth, for someone that MAY return for the playoffs. What happens when he gets setbacks?

Parise is my wet dream though, don't get me wrong. The guy's young, 26 I think, 40 goal scorer, speed to burn

I just don't see it
Posted Image
Sven Bärtschi watch: 0GP 0G 0A 0Pts

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.