The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cricket

He-Man

India vs Bangladesh quarterfinal matchup tonight at 8:30 pm. Ugh, why did it have to be on a weekday? Or, why couldn't they just make it at 6:00? Don't think I will be able to catch the whole game.

I totally would of forgot. Thanks. Gonna end up watching highlights tommorow anyway though. Why couldn't it be on Friday!!!!

India really weathered the storm in their innings and now they really proved that they had the ability to score 7 men in to the lineup. Rohit and Raina really saved us back thee and now the Indians need to finish off the bowling. Really strong effort today.

Its over for Pakistan, well played by Australia.

2 important dropped catches :angry:

Only player that showed up was Wahab Riaz. The commentators, the fans, and both captains couldn't stop talking about his energy and how he played his heart out.

Freaking amazing player, but when the rest of the team plays like shat, it doesnt even matter.

Its sorta surprising we got this far without Saeed Ajmal, Omar Gul, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, and Mohammad Aamir.

But no excuses.

Im so bummed out right now :(

My 3 Stars for the Pakistani Team in this CWC:

1. Wahab Riaz

2. Sarfraz Ahmed

3. Misbah-ul-Haq

Dave Skylark Signing out

Edited by TheMohammadman

Mitchell Starc sledge: Australian bowler engages Pakistan’s Wahab Riaz in sledging duel
Scott Walsh FOX SPORTS March 20, 2015 10:01PM SHARE

A FIERY feud between Shane Watson and Pakistan paceman Wahab Riaz took centre stage in Australia’s quarter-final run-chase at Adelaide Oval.

Australia’s successful chase of 214 was, for a while, pushed to the undercard below a fascinating stouch between Watson and Wahab, which has included short balls, verbal exchanges and even a blown kiss.

“It was pretty nasty,” said Watson, who survived a barrage of short balls to make an unbeaten 64 including the winning runs. “i had a lot of luck to get through that spell. he gave it everything.”

The exchange followed another verbal confrontation during Pakistan’s innings when the bristly Riaz was sledged by Mitchell Starc.

093539-1dca285a-cee0-11e4-9cb0-ca25d560d

The Aussie No. 5 replaced skipper Michael Clarke and narrowly evaded a fast short ball from Wahab, before the speedy left-armer walked all the way down the wicket, stood next to Watson and applauded his field.

The next ball, Wahab fired down a 150km/h delivery that Watson left, before the paceman stood and glared before repeating his clapping gesture.

In Wahab’s next over another bouncer forced Watson to take evasive action. Wahab paused for dramatic effect, then offered a snappy two-clap applause. That prompted umpire Dharmasena to step in and defuse the situation.

Shane Watson of Australia clashes with Wahab Riaz of Pakistan..
Shane Watson of Australia clashes with Wahab Riaz of Pakistan..Source: News Corp Australia
But there was little cause for Pakistan to clap when Watson had an unforgivable let-off soon after. With Wahab having set the psychological trap, he drew Watson into a defensive pull that sailed directly to Rahat Ali at deep backward square - only to see the easy chance grassed.

It proved the key turning point of the match. Australia should have been 4-83. Watson was struggling on just four at the time, but capitalised on the second chance.

“If they catch Wwatto at fine leg it could have been a lot tighter but he hung in there,” admitted Michael Clarke.

Wahab later threw down striker Steve Smith’s stumps in frustration, and blew a kiss to Watson as he continued to test him with short balls.

“It was hard to get my head out of the way,” siad Watson. “He kept following me, but I got through it.”

The fuse between the pair was lit during Pakistan’s innings when Mitchell Starc sledged Wahab, then batting, by taunting: “It’s the little white thing. Try and hit it.”

Starc's sledge battle1:50

Edited by TheMohammadman

Pakistani Media is ripping through the players souls, breaking crap, and crying like crazy.

And people say the Canucks take to much pressure.

People in NA have no clue how much cricket means in places like Pakistan and India. It's soooooooo intense. When they win, their gods. When they lose, the media just shreds em

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!

Well done Aust! Not really ever in doubt despite the efforts of one bowler clapping like a circus seal.

I dare say it will be a sth africa v new zealand semi, and the other

aust v India should be a cracker!

c'mon aussies!

Sportsnet is showing the highlights of the Pak vs Aus game...

Wtf were Pakistan doing!? Way to aggressive batting. As the wickets kept falling, they started taking more chances. Again wtf. Misbah was a beast tho.

India will beat Aus. Will be a great game.

Edited by Jiggs50

Absolute ridiculous performance from Pakistan last night. I don't know why there were being so damn aggressive while batting. Well, at least we made it to the Quarters, good enough right?.............

India's winning the World Cup, for sure.