The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cricket

He-Man

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been following the World Cup and the one thing I can't stand about cricket is that they don't bother replaying the matches. How tf does a game just get "rained out"? Complete BS and the fact that it is helping shape the outcome of the World Cup is egregious. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Apricot said:

@-Vintage Canuck- I have no words...

You can blame Rohit Sharma for his 140 runs, hehe. Pakistan had no chance. Apparently, Pakistan's PM Imran Khan had advised Sarfaraz Ahmed to bat first if they had won the toss, but instead, he elected to ball first after winning the toss. Now Pakistan sits second last in the standings, the only team below them is Afghanistan. 

Pakistan-India matches are always fun to watch. Vijay Shankar, Kuldeep Yadav and Hardik Pandya all did a fine job taking two wickets each. Batting wise, K.L. Rahul looked good as an opener batsman with Shikhar Dhawan out. While, Virat Kohli was the same Virat Kohli, and plus, he broke Sachin Tendulkar's record becoming the quickest to 11,000 ODI runs.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You can blame Rohit Sharma for his 140 runs, hehe. Pakistan had no chance. Apparently, Pakistan's PM Imran Khan had advised Sarfaraz Ahmed to bat first if they had won the toss, but instead, he elected to ball first after winning the toss. Now Pakistan sits second last in the standings, the only team below them is Afghanistan. 

Pakistan-India matches are always fun to watch. Vijay Shankar, Kuldeep Yadav and Hardik Pandya all did a fine job taking two wickets each. Batting wise, K.L. Rahul looked good as an opener batsman with Shikhar Dhawan out. While, Virat Kohli was the same Virat Kohli, and plus, he broke Sachin Tendulkar's record becoming the quickest to 11,000 ODI runs.

What the heck are you serious? I didn't know that. I was wondering why we decided to ball first, that's NEVER a good idea, especially against India. Sarfaraz is a terrible player and even more terrible captain. His keeping was terrible, he expected the ball to just come to him, no dive no nothing. He was yawning at the 46th over, and HE PUTS HASSAN to bowl when he was having an atrocious game, 0-84?! I swear to god I have never been more frustrated over a player, like Megna didn't annoy me as much as Sarfaraz did.

That wicket by Kuldeep dude, wow...I can't lie that was one of the most beautiful wickets I've ever seen, what a delivery. India is too good man, this is SO DUMB. I don't know why I wake up early to watch games when I damn well know we're gonna lose. 

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats, England on winning their first ever World Cup.

That was a crazy finish and it was decided in the Super Over. Even in the Super Over it was tied again, but the rule says in that case, the team with the most boundaries would be the winner. I would like to see the rule changed where if it’s tied again, then they play another Super Over considering it’s only one over.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 3:40 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Damn, RIP.

I would rather watch paint dry than watch cricket however Warnie was a character.

Way bigger than the sport itself.

He had his faults however he was a good bloke.

A fellow Victorian, fanatic saints supporter, he will be missed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...