The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Best KEVIN BIEKSA Quotes...

Tank Hankerous

FarhanLaljiTSN Farhan Lalji

When #Bieksa was asked about how good Rinne was, he said "as good as your haircut". Who am I to argue. Watch Sportscentre to find out:)

And a Burrows quote for good measure!

FarhanLaljiTSN Farhan Lalji

#Burrows was asked how much sleep he got last night, he said "more than OB" #Canucks #nashclash

Oh there was a quote earlier today when asked about getting Nashville info from Hamhuis, and O'Brien giving Nucks info to them.

I think we probably have the advantage there with Dan coming over here and fill us in on their secrets. I think Shane was probably in a daze for most of the time he was here. So I dunno if he remembers a whole lot

• 2 weeks later...

WTF Did he actually say he would want to spoon Trev??

Yeah, but he was specifically asked "which team mate he has a man-crush on/would like to spoon" by Captain Scotty from CFOX.

A bunch of the seemingly "random" comments (the bike lane one, etc.) are from his CFOX interviews, which are more for entertainment value than hockey content. He gets asked silly questions and he usually has a snappy answer.

Juice for mayor no doubt, I've always loved this guy, I'm sure many of us claim that, but the reality is most wanted him booted outta town on the next train over the last few years, but I honestly stood by him cause I saw great potential in him and he's really developed into a #1/#2 defencemen, great to see, really hope we get him resigned!

I've always been a Bieksa fan; last summer and Fall were tough to take. I hope we re-sign him. He's the type of feisty guy that we need more of. I'd say we did very good with this 5th round pick (151st overall) in the 2001 NHL entry draft. It helps to have a sense of humour in these stressful times during the playoffs.

oh man Bieksa is a breath of fresh air in those interview scrums. Hockey is the worst for cliche repeaters repeaters.

I wanted to get a Bieksa jersey this year but didn't have the balls because of the threat of losing him so soon. Given his play to date now paired with Hamuis and healthy, I hope to hell we find a way to re-sign him.

Go nucks.

oh man Bieksa is a breath of fresh air in those interview scrums. Hockey is the worst for cliche repeaters repeaters.

I wanted to get a Bieksa jersey this year but didn't have the balls because of the threat of losing him so soon. Given his play to date now paired with Hamuis and healthy, I hope to hell we find a way to re-sign him.

Go nucks.

I was thinking the same thing but I ended up getting the jersey anyway. Got it signed too so turned out to be totally worth it :)

Sounds like he likes it here so hope they can work something out. I would like to witness him pushing cyclists off their bikes one day lol

• 3 weeks later...

Bieksa and Kesler got in some funny quotes in todays pressers. Haven't gotten them all yet, but heres a couple from both of them.

As per @VanCanucks

Kesler on leaving briefly during Gane 5 vs SJ: "I had to go call my wife, I thought I left the iron on"

As per @hosea24hours

Bieksa (with impersonation) on what his grandparents told him after Game 5: "Don't hurt yourself Kev, be careful, I love you."

Can't wait to see video of the media pressers from today.

"Somebody go over there and tell their trainer to wash out his smelly gloves, They have to be the stinkiest [sic] in

the league and I'm sick and tired of having those things in my face."

- said about Shane O'Brien

Love Bieksa and heard a funny one again from him today on TEAM 1040 when asked what he thought when Kesler left the game and came back......(paraphrasing)

"We knew he was coming back. Even if he injured something, they would cut it off, put on a prosthetic and he would have still scored that goal"

• 10 months later...

Archived