b3.

Nicklas Jensen Talk

Does he have any more games remaining that he needs to play?

Seems like this kids been playing 3 games in 4 nights these past 4 days. Hope he doesn't burn out or get injured - he's got a LONG pre-season ahead of him (1 - Young Stars Tournament, 2 - Main Training Camp, 3 - Pre-season games if he makes the cut).

their last game is tonight vs. Acadie-Bathurst

according to this:

http://en.lhjmq.qc.ca/schedule/list/date/all/subseason/158/time_zone/0

it starts in 35 min :emot-parrot:

Edited by avelanch

Guest Dasein

their last game is tonight vs. Acadie-Bathurst

according to this:

http://en.lhjmq.qc.c...158/time_zone/0

4 games in 5 nights?

Talk about overkill. And he's probably playing 20+ minutes every night, seeing as he's their best player. Hope he doesn't burn out before the Young Stars Tournament - which in itself is quite a hefty schedule.

Edited by Dasein

4 games in 5 nights?

Talk about overkill. And he's probably playing 20+ minutes every night, seeing as he's their best player. Hope he doesn't burn out before the Young Stars Tournament - which in itself is quite a hefty schedule.

He's going to be more ready to play than most players on our team.

I know he is in the young stars tournament but can he join the Canucks main camp without a contract?

yes, he only needs a contract to play in the regular season. even if they sign him, which they most likely will, his contract can slide/not count against our contract totals if we send him back down to the CHL this season within 9 games.

Edited by avelanch

I don't think four major junior pre-season games in five nights is a big deal for an 18-yr-old snipeshow.

As far as comparison...Nash, Berglund, Staal, Anisimov. All depends on how far Jensen can go.

Guest Dasein

Do you know if there is any significance to that number?

NONE. The Canucks just assign the prospects a number.

Jensen wears #17. So he'll have to change his number at some point anyways. No one knows what number he'll don for the Canucks in the future.

NONE. The Canucks just assign the prospects a number.

Jensen wears #17. So he'll have to change his number at some point anyways. No one knows what number he'll don for the Canucks in the future.

#71 :emot-parrot::frantic:

• Upvote 1

Here's a question about Jensen that's been bugging me today:

Does he pronounce his name in the Danish fashion (with the "J" pronounced as a y/j) or in the Canadian (North American) fashion (with the "J" pronounced as a )?

ie: Danish would have the "J" pronounced like an English "Y" (think Jannik Hansen), so it would sound like "Yensen". English has the "J" sound like a soft "G" (think "general"), which is commonly written (in phonetics) as a .

Jensen's father, Dan Jensen, is Canadian born (grew-up in Richmond Hill, Ont.) and moved to Denmark as an adult (where he enjoyed a 15-year hockey career and even became part of the Danish National Team). Not sure how Danish his heritage is (generally, he'd need to be only 1-2 generations removed from a Danish-born family member to qualify for citizenship and the National Team--although I'm sure the Danes would bend the rules). His name is most likely Danish (or possibly Norwegian) in origin but he could be many generations removed from any real Danish ancestry.

It's not a big deal but I'm always curious to know how the Canucks' players actually pronounce their names. I'd been assuming Jensen used the Danish pronunciation but, being Danish myself, I know that many Danes today like the idea of using nontraditional names and pronunciations, with it even fashionable (in some circles) to use more English-sounding versions.

I know that on Draft day, Lawrence Gilman used the North American pronunciation

However, the "J" sound in one of the most common mispronunciations of Danish words/names by North Americans.

Is the way Gilman said "Jensen" the way Jensen (and his family) actually pronounce their name? Anyone know for sure?

Or it's the same everywhere, as it should be.

Well if you don't speak Danish, it sounds dumb to try and sound Danish IMO.

Alot of European players have their names pronounced more English when they come over here. If you want to pronounce players names like they are pronounced in their home countries, then go for it. People may look at you weird though.

Well if you don't speak Danish, it sounds dumb to try and sound Danish IMO.

Alot of European players have their names pronounced more English when they come over here. If you want to pronounce players names like they are pronounced in their home countries, then go for it. People may look at you weird though.

Well just like Hansen, its pronounced Yannik, not Jannik. It's kinda dumb to think that you need to anglicize their names when they express no desire for it to be.

When in North America it's Jensen.

When in Europe it's Yensen.

Jensen sounds better anyways. :lol:

So than, why do you have 2 different versions of Roy in Canada? Last time I looked we are still in North America.

Guest Dasein

So than, why do you have 2 different versions of Roy in Canada? Last time I looked we are still in North America.

Because Canada is a bilingual country...

Jensen would still be Jensen in French. And depending on what part of Canada Roy comes from, it will be Roy or "Rhah" and we'll stick with either one. Not two.

For example, they say Carey Price in MTL, not "Prix." So a name is pronounced one way all across Canada depending on where they are from and how it is originally pronounced. Same with Jordan Schroeder - American version is Schraeder, so we call him Schraeder, not Schroeder.

So really,even if there are two pronunciation for one name, everyone is referred to by only one of the two, not both.

So you have only one pronounciation when you are in NA.

Edited by Dasein