b3.

Nicklas Jensen Talk

and a goal in each of the last 5 consecutive periods. he has 6 points (all goals) in 7 professional games.

Nice, it looks like he'll be one of our first draft picks in a few years that is capable of making the jump to the NHL without too much development in the AHL. Cody took time after injuries, Tanev was a late bloomer and Schneids took his time too. Not saying Jensen will have a spot open by default, but he could well earn it.

Edited by elvis15

No room for Shirokov? There were injuries. He got a goal in his 2nd game and gets benched in the 3rd for no reason, and later that year the Canucks' 2nd line was playing terrible, yet they wouldn't call up Shirokov (I know this was partly because of Cap issues). Grabner? Pretty much the same deal for Grabner. I suppose maybe if he'd stayed instead of Raymond he would have been given a shot on the 2nd line, but AV really doesn't give our rookies good opportunities to succeed.

Defensemen are a much different story than forwards. I'm not complaining about that. We haven't had a defensemen step into this league who should have been played more than AV played him IMO, which is not the case for our offensive forward prospects.

It was actually the 1st game he got recalled for where he scored, but yeah for some reason got benched in the 2nd game against SJS - lack of size or some other stupid reason.

If the Wolves said Jensen was eligible to start with them next year, that would be so sweet. Oh yes indeed. Nice to see him make quite the playoff debut.

GMMG should call this guy up while he is hot.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows - Kesler - Jensen

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Canucks need any momentum they can grasp.

You guys are so funny, all jumping on the Jensen bandwagon after his first 7 games. Yeah he's scored some goals and looked good but that doesn't mean he'll be in the NHL next year or even the one after that. Remember when Schroeder started with the Moose and had like 9 points in 11 games? He's played 2 seasons with the Moose since then. Jensen will probably be the same it just sucks he can't play in the AhL next season I really don't think he's gonna make the Canucks next year.

GMMG should call this guy up while he is hot.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows - Kesler - Jensen

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Canucks need any momentum they can grasp.

lol no

• Upvote 1

There are a number of rookies making impacts in the playoffs right now, one of the reasons is they were actually given the chance to play. AV doesn't seem to like to play young players much at all, and that makes it far harder for any to make an impact on our team. Some coaches excel at getting young players adjusted to the NHL, AV excels at killing their confidence.

Meh. Tanev was promoted to the top pair to start the playoffs. Kesler was 22 when AV started coaching him. Edler 20. Burrows (Moose) 24. Bieksa (Moose) 24. Rypien (Moose) 21. Raymond 21. Bourdon (RIP) 19-20. Schneider 22. Hansen (fresh from the Moose for the playoffs) 20.

Perhaps this myth that AV doesn't like young players needs to be replaced with the reality that he likes good players, regardless of their age.

Some coaches don't have a choice but to rush in their young guys. Some coaches are better than that than others, but a lot of the time it's the entire organization, not just the coach, that has to be held accountable. Not to mention the player himself. Hey, maybe the kid just isn't all that good. (This screams Shirokov to me. OMG Shirokov! Hahahahaha.) Cheers.

TOML

Meh. Tanev was promoted to the top pair to start the playoffs. Kesler was 22 when AV started coaching him. Edler 20. Burrows (Moose) 24. Bieksa (Moose) 24. Rypien (Moose) 21. Raymond 21. Bourdon (RIP) 19-20. Schneider 22. Hansen (fresh from the Moose for the playoffs) 20.

Perhaps this myth that AV doesn't like young players needs to be replaced with the reality that he likes good players, regardless of their age.

Some coaches don't have a choice but to rush in their young guys. Some coaches are better than that than others, but a lot of the time it's the entire organization, not just the coach, that has to be held accountable. Not to mention the player himself. Hey, maybe the kid just isn't all that good. (This screams Shirokov to me. OMG Shirokov! Hahahahaha.) Cheers.

TOML

Ya because when he started playing them he gave them a reasonable amount of ice time for a decent number of games...

Ya because when he started playing them he gave them a reasonable amount of ice time for a decent number of games...

Look at were they are now though...

Top tier players.

Sadly Rypien isn't with us anymore though.

If the Wolves said Jensen was eligible to start with them next year, that would be so sweet. Oh yes indeed. Nice to see him make quite the playoff debut.

From all the rules I have found; he is not eligible for the AHL at the start of the season.

In order to be eligible for the AHL, and have played in the CHL, you need to be 20 by December 31 or have played 4 years in the CHL. Both of which Jansen has not met.

From all the rules I have found; he is not eligible for the AHL at the start of the season.

In order to be eligible for the AHL, and have played in the CHL, you need to be 20 by December 31 or have played 4 years in the CHL. Both of which Jansen has not met.

It would be nice if it could be clarified whether the author of the following article have quoted wolves properly.(Notes)

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Nicklas+Jensen+goal+scorer+playoff+saviour+Canucks/6475303/story.html#ixzz1sOs9JpSN

Nicklas Jensen is going to be a special kid. So far the results from him are pretty amazing, considering the jump he made into from OHL to AHL.

Nicklas Jensen is going to be a special kid. So far the results from him are pretty amazing, considering the jump he made into from OHL to AHL.

Yeah, definitely. His playing style is far more suited to pro-league play and when he is ready to make the jump to the NHL he will be a force. I'm looking forward in excitement to the day he dons a Canucks jersey permanently.

I like the way some people put him on the big club and slot your lines all ready to go and totally skip any development time. Just because he's done well at the next level it's just that, the next level and not the NHL. Not developing players in a structured environment have been many a clubs down fall including the Canucks. Yes this kid is going to be good if developed properly with patience.

• Upvote 1

It would be nice if it could be clarified whether the author of the following article have quoted wolves properly.(Notes)

http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz1sOs9JpSN

There must be some kind of special clause because Patrice Bergeron played in the AHL as a 19 year old in the 2004-05 season. Perhaps they can do it if the CHL team grants permission?