#1711 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Back after some quick research

After reading some AIk forums and asking an AIK fan I really hope its just about the fact that AIK has ben winning pretty much every game since jensen left for international duty and the dont want to change the lineup.

However I also found some indications that the coach in unhappy with jensens defensive play and there are A LOT of rumors about serious attitude problems and, I am sad to report, "being a jackass".

Believe what you will but it seems alot of AIK fans have turned on Jensen

That can happen when you're the only bright spot on a team that loses all the time. Jensen is only there for a year anyway and there were no complaints when he was ripping it up earlier in the year.

The same thing kinda happened with Jensen when he played for Denmark at the WJHC and he played the role of "Mr Everything".

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1712 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,496 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

I've watched Jensen play a few games this season, and I did notice he likes to hang out in the neutral zone alot and wait for the puck. Kind of like Ovechkin used to do before he developed a better defensive game.

The guy clearly likes to score, which I have no problem with. He'll have to work on his defensive game just like every other prospect that comes into the NHL. But it's not like the coach has a very effective system, as shown by his team being one of the worst in the league.

But he was not the reason they were losing games. Without his offense the would have lost quite a few more games.

Edited by DeNiro, 14 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1713 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Well if he does have an attitude problem hopefully the calming and mature presence of the Sedins can help with that.

If not that's what the beatin' stick is for!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 15 February 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1714 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Following hockey in both countries i have seen no evidence whatsoever that there is a difference in hockey culture in regards to this specific (and speculative?) action. No way he would be scratched for "having a bit of fire and keeping your teammates accountable". Not in AIK, not in any team with a sane head coach.

Matt duchesne even threw all his teammates under the bus calling them lazy (rightly so but he should have included himself) in swedish media without losing any icetime. When playing for Frölunda during the lockout

Fair enough. I apologize if I came off as presumptuous or offensive, I guess it's just frustration boiling over as a Canucks fan, as it seems like there's some kind of an "issue" with every one of the organization's top flight prospects.

Edited by NuxFan09, 14 February 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#1715 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

I've watched Jensen play a few games this season, and I did notice he likes to hang out in the neutral zone alot and wait for the puck. Kind of like Ovechkin used to do before he developed a better defensive game.

The guy clearly likes to score, which I have no problem with. He'll have to work on his defensive game just like every other prospect that comes into the NHL. But it's not like the coach has a very effective system, as shown by his team being one of the worst in the league.

But he was not the reason they were losing games. Without his offense the would have lost quite a few more games.

Right now this is not true. AIK is very close to a playoff spot with the worst roster in the league. This is nothing short of a success for the coaching staff (they changed mid season).

No one would blame the coach if the blue jackets were in the playoff race ;)

though I have to say I too have not agreed with the way Jensen has been used this season and the recent AIK success is far beyond my understanding :)

#1716 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Fair enough. I apologize if I came off as presumptuous or offensive, I guess it's just frustration boiling over as a Canucks fan, as it seems like there's some kind of an "issue" with every one of the organization's top flight prospects.

This is why I hang around the prospects forums rather than tha canucks talk. Grownups!

Yeah I am as frustated as everyone else. I have watched a couple of games where Jensen has looked like a ready top 6 NHL sniper. I reagrd him as our top prospect by far.

#1717 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,496 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Right now this is not true. AIK is very close to a playoff spot with the worst roster in the league. This is nothing short of a success for the coaching staff (they changed mid season).

No one would blame the coach if the blue jackets were in the playoff race ;)

though I have to say I too have not agreed with the way Jensen has been used this season and the recent AIK success is far beyond my understanding :)

3rd worst goals against in the league, and 4th worst goals for.

The only reason they're close to a playoff spot is because the teams below them have managed to suck worse then them. They're still a below .500 team though. Normally below .500 teams don't make the playoffs.

Posted Image

#1718 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

3rd worst goals against in the league, and 4th worst goals for.

The only reason they're close to a playoff spot is because the teams below them have managed to suck worse then them. They're still a below .500 team though. Normally below .500 teams don't make the playoffs.

Are you sure about that? 8/12 teams make the playoffs over here. Dont remember how it was the previous years.

Anyway I havn't seen them play since they started winning myself but media has been all over "the genious Eldebrink" lately. I'm not saying AIK is a good team but pretty much evry media "expert" as well as the fans consider them well coached considering their poor roster.

From what I have seen I dont agree but I mostly saw them with the previous coach. And also I'm no expert :)

Just checked and there hase been "below .500 teams in the playoffs the last 7 years.

Edited by j.olofsson, 15 February 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#1719 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Stop it j. olofsson, you're embarrassing some of us by actually doing your research and proving us wrong.

:P

Edited by NuxFan09, 15 February 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#1720 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,525 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm not worried about any attitude problems.

Seguin trashed his apartment before he left the swiss league and he's still a great team player. Just needs to grow up which obviously happens over time. ;)

#1721 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,496 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Are you sure about that? 8/12 teams make the playoffs over here. Dont remember how it was the previous years.

Anyway I havn't seen them play since they started winning myself but media has been all over "the genious Eldebrink" lately. I'm not saying AIK is a good team but pretty much evry media "expert" as well as the fans consider them well coached considering their poor roster.

From what I have seen I dont agree but I mostly saw them with the previous coach. And also I'm no expert :)

Just checked and there hase been "below .500 teams in the playoffs the last 7 years.

Okay, well I'm only speaking of what I know of the NHL. Where below .500 teams don't make the playoffs. But, obviously in a league where there's only one conference and 12 teams, that's different.

I don't know anything about the new coach. I didn't even know there was a new coach to be honest. I only know from following them the first half of the season, that they were a pretty poor team. And every time I watched, the team looked pretty disorganized.

That's great that the new coach is finding success with the team. But I can see how a young player like Jensen may struggle to adapt mid-season without the proper guidance.

Thanks for giving us this information though. Now I won't sound so ignorant when I talk about Jensen and AIK. :)

Posted Image

#1722 j.olofsson

j.olofsson

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm not worried about any attitude problems.

Seguin trashed his apartment before he left the swiss league and he's still a great team player. Just needs to grow up which obviously happens over time. ;)

Yeah the Sedins and the rest of the team will straighten the kid out. I cant really see him giving kes and bieksa attitude :D

#1723 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

One positive thing about Jensen's current rocky ride?

If he struggles a bit adapting to the NA game, he will have less incentive to go back to Europe than if he were an instant star.
Posted Image

#1724 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

attitude problem is concerning. Now we are hearing apparently he was kinda like this in Oshawa last year, and his teamates were not too impressed with him. He needs to change right away, or else he will never play in the NHL.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1725 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Yeah the Sedins and the rest of the team will straighten the kid out. I cant really see him giving kes and bieksa attitude :D

Ha ha! I could! If he really does have an attitude problem, Kesler and him would clash big time....

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 16 February 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#1726 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ha ha! I could! If he really does have an attitude problem, Kesler and him would clash big time....

ah yes, the alleged kesler attitude problem. Funny never hear anyone mention it that has actually met Kesler outside of a media scrum.

#1727 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,496 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'm pretty sure Schroeder was rumored to have attitude problems too. Has anyone seen any signs of that? I haven't.

And on the opposite end, Mr. Golden Boy Cody Hodgson was supposed to have a great attitude. And then he ends up complaining about his ice time in his first season.

I wouldn't worry about these things. The Canucks have people in place to help guide these guys through their careers. Jensen being cocky is not a bad thing in my mind, as long as he can back it up. Kesler is pretty much the same way, and he backs it up.

Posted Image

#1728 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

ah yes, the alleged kesler attitude problem. Funny never hear anyone mention it that has actually met Kesler outside of a media scrum.

Funny, I don't recall saying Kesler has an attitude problem...

Kelser has a big ego (and that's not necessarily a bad thing) and if Jensen comes here with an attitude Kesler would have none of it and straighten him out pretty quick.

#1729 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm pretty sure Schroeder was rumored to have attitude problems too. Has anyone seen any signs of that? I haven't.

And on the opposite end, Mr. Golden Boy Cody Hodgson was supposed to have a great attitude. And then he ends up complaining about his ice time in his first season.

I wouldn't worry about these things. The Canucks have people in place to help guide these guys through their careers. Jensen being cocky is not a bad thing in my mind, as long as he can back it up. Kesler is pretty much the same way, and he backs it up.

Nope. Never heard of it.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1730 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

When can this guy play for us? He has been pretty sick down in the AIK. Even though is stats aren't all that great, his team is pretty bad and are very low scoring. He has 15 goals in 43 games. I honestly think Nicklas Jensen is exactly what this team has been missing for a long time now: A big, fast, young, skilled finisher who can play with Ryan Kesler. Just look at all his goals this year on the youtube vid, all show how great of a shot he has and how effective he is flying down the wing.

As soon as Jensen is available, I would love to see him play here. Why not give the kid a chance?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Jensen-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

I think Jensen is really keen on playing in the NHL, which is why he stated that if he doesn't make the Canucks, he plays in the AIK. I say we give him some games when his season is over and see what he can do... You never know :)

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 16 February 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Posted Image

#1731 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,965 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Jensen is an elite prospect that will find his way to the NHL when he is mature enough and strong enough to handle himself.
At 19 years of age and coming off of a concussion the kid has to be protected.
I could just see the look on Kesler's face when he is told he will be playing the middle between not one but two rookies.
Not this year ,not next year.

#1732 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

If he plays this season, it would burn a year off of his entry-level contract. Don't think the team will do that just so he can get a few games in after his season in the SEL is finished.

Posted Image

#1733 stanleycup123

stanleycup123

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

this guy is 19 i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the nhl as late as 22, weve had many better prospects that didnt play right away like hodgson, schroeder, and even schneider

#1734 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Jensen is an elite prospect that will find his way to the NHL when he is mature enough and strong enough to handle himself.
At 19 years of age and coming off of a concussion the kid has to be protected.
I could just see the look on Kesler's face when he is told he will be playing the middle between not one but two rookies.
Not this year ,not next year.

Good response. Jensen is an excellent prospect but right now he could displace Higgins in the top 6. And MG and AV both like to bring players along slowly. He might play a few games next year, but the earliest he could be a Canuck regular would be 2014-15 (i.e. in two years) -- and I think he will make the team at that stage.

#1735 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

He won't be on the 2nd line anytime soon. Not this year or next.

#1736 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Can he play for the Wolves next year?

#1737 Watermelon

Watermelon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

this guy is 19 i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the nhl as late as 22, weve had many better prospects that didnt play right away like hodgson, schroeder, and even schneider

Many better prospects? Cody was a slug with absolutely no defensive awareness, Jordan was held back because off his size, and Cory because well Luongo was there. Jensen is the total package, sniper, size, etc but just needs to work on his defensive game.

Edited by ZackKassian9, 16 February 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image

#1738 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Realistically 2014-15, maybe not to start the season though.

#1739 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

I honestly think this kid is going to be with our team for years to come, I think him and Kass are going to be great for us.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#1740 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Many better prospects? Cody was a slug with absolutely no defensive awareness, Jordan was held back because off his size, and Cory because well Luongo was there. Jensen is the total package, sniper, size, etc but just needs to work on his defensive game.

This about the only correct post I've ever read from someone on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.