Posted Image

#1952 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Sweatt has 12 points in his last 14 games. The Wolves are getting Jensen. The Canucks are gonna send Schroeder down likely around deadline time. Ebbett too hopefully.

Sterling - Ebbett - Haydar
Sweatt - Schroeder - Jensen

Not to mention that slides Andrew Gordon to the 3rd line.. Could be a nice AHL playoff team. Excited to see what Arniel can do with that.

I thought they already sent Ebbett down?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1953 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

If Schroeder was sent down and with Jensen joining them, yeah, the Wolves would be a contender. The Sterling - Ebbett - Haydar line was hot before Sterling went down to injury and Schroeder, with his NHL experience, would be a different player. All the other good players would get shifted down too.

Sterling - Ebbett - Haydar
Sweatt - Schroeder - Jensen
Archibald - Pinizzotto - Gordon
Miller - Schneider - Desbiens

^ Impressive lineup! That being said, ultimately I don't want Schroeder to get sent down and I want Jensen to eventually make the Canucks. The Wolves will still be a damn good team without those two.

#1954 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I can't imagine Jensen not getting a look this season with the Canucks.

#1955 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

I can't imagine Jensen not getting a look this season with the Canucks.

I can. If they don't have the roster space, how will they fit him in? They wanted to get Schroeder some games last year but the opportunity didn't come up to get him in without dropping (and likely waiving) someone else.

Jensen will have to be above impressive for us to consider bringing him in during the regular season if it's at the expense of someone else. If we have the roster room, I'm all for it, but if we are at 23 roster players then it'll be tough.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1956 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

I can. If they don't have the roster space, how will they fit him in? They wanted to get Schroeder some games last year but the opportunity didn't come up to get him in without dropping (and likely waiving) someone else.

Jensen will have to be above impressive for us to consider bringing him in during the regular season if it's at the expense of someone else. If we have the roster room, I'm all for it, but if we are at 23 roster players then it'll be tough.

Also Vancouver has a plethora of wingers - with Sedin, Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Higgins, Booth and Kassian fighting for top 9 spots.
Posted Image

#1957 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Also Vancouver has a plethora of wingers - with Sedin, Burrows, Raymond, Hansen, Higgins, Booth and Kassian fighting for top 9 spots.

Most of those wingers are bottom 6 players though. I would say there there's only two legitimate top 6 wingers there. Three if Booth starts playing like one.

The team will always open up a spot if there's a player that can shine there.

Edited by DeNiro, 07 March 2013 - 02:52 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1958 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Most of those wingers are bottom 6 players though. I would say there there's only two legitimate top 6 wingers there. Three if Booth starts playing like one.

The team will always open up a spot if there's a player that can shine there.

You saw the outrage from people when we waived Volpatti and lost him to waivers. Why would we do that again (it'd likely be Weise or Sestito) and risk losing a roster player who's providing decent depth in order to get a look at Jensen? We can bring him up in the playoffs without roster limitations and if he's that sorely needed in the regular season, I'd think we'd look at trade options before relying on him to save us.

#1959 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

If we see Jensen with the Canucks this year, it'll be because of injury or during the playoffs when there aren't any roster restrictions. We need centres, not more wingers. And there's no sense uselessly waiving a winger just to try out Jensen... management has to have learned their lesson by waiving Volpatti too soon. Jensen's better off getting some big minutes with the Wolves, and if he impresses there he'll earn a call-up when there's space.

abl8vt.jpg

#1960 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Someone could also possibly go on "IR" for the remainder of the season to open up a spot for Jensen to get a trial.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#1961 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Barring a catastrophe Jensen won't get a shot in the NHL this season.

Posted Image

#1962 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Someone could also possibly go on "IR" for the remainder of the season to open up a spot for Jensen to get a trial.

They'd have to actually be injured for that to happen. The NHL does check up on these types of things and it'd be incredibly risky to put a healthy player on IR. It may happen naturally, although I wouldn't hope for that just so Jensen could get a game in.

Barring a catastrophe Jensen won't get a shot in the NHL this season.

Well, I wouldn't put it that strongly, but barring injury or him playing lights out, it's not super likely we see him up.

Edited by elvis15, 07 March 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#1963 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

They'd have to actually be injured for that to happen. The NHL does check up on these types of things and it'd be incredibly risky to put a healthy player on IR. It may happen naturally, although I wouldn't hope for that just so Jensen could get a game in.

Well, I wouldn't put it that strongly, but barring injury or him playing lights out, it's not super likely we see him up.

Pinnizotto is on the roster right now. We can send him down and we would be within the 23-roster until Kesler returns. We could easily slot him in the lineup and scratch a forward.

#1964 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Pinnizotto is on the roster right now. We can send him down and we would be within the 23-roster until Kesler returns. We could easily slot him in the lineup and scratch a forward.

Sure he is, but then we'd be risking waivers for another player. We won't likely be doing that without Jensen showing something special in the AHL that warrants the callup.

#1965 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

We're not going to send down Schroeder (a centre) for another winger in Jensen. If Jensen comes up, it will either be as a call up to replace one of our injured wingers or he will be brought up when we begin the playoffs and roster sizes don't matter. That being said, I'm not even sure he would be our first wing call up, as Sweatt is currently playing unbelievably well.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1966 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'd be happy if the Canucks could offload Booth for a centre at trade deadline, then bring Jensen up to replace him.

The knack on bringing up young guys is they don't produce at a consistent pace. But Booth is 28 and hasn't scored in 23 games, he hasn't produced consistently in Vancouver - ever, and eats $4.2M of cap space.

With Jensen, he could eat the 3rd line mins Booth is currently getting. Even if he only gives you 1 or 2 goals this yr, it's 1 or 2 more than Booth will give you for $3M more cap space.

Gotta think Gillis is seriously considering it.

#1967 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I say Jensen is exactly what we need. He could be the spark to ignite this team i say its time for these lines with kesler out

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Booth Raymond Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Sestito Lappy Kassian

When Kesler back

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Jensen
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lappy Kassian

or if Jensen find magic with the sedins

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Booth Kesler Burrows
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lappy Kassian

either way pretty sick lines when kesler returns. Some D changes just need to happen

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 08 March 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#1968 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I like the possibility of Jensen with the Sedins, but he won't jump right into the lineup. He wouldn't work with Booth and Kesler though, that would make it three shooters on that line. Wolves first, then we'll see if he can earn a spot.

#1969 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Anything is possible, but there is no rush to get Jensen in the line up. Pinnizotto is next in line and well play 4th line center when ready. A trade could change the whole look of the Canucks and with the way they are playing that may be before the trade deadline. Jensen best chance of getting in the line up is in the playoffs. If for some reason they drop out of the playoffs and know they can not make it then he will be called up to get experience.

#1970 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Anything is possible, but there is no rush to get Jensen in the line up. Pinnizotto is next in line and well play 4th line center when ready. A trade could change the whole look of the Canucks and with the way they are playing that may be before the trade deadline. Jensen best chance of getting in the line up is in the playoffs. If for some reason they drop out of the playoffs and know they can not make it then he will be called up to get experience.

yeah and then he'll get no playing time because AV doesn't play the up and comers.

#1971 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

yeah and then he'll get no playing time because AV doesn't play the up and comers.

How do you explain Kassian averaging almost the same amount of ice time as Raymond and Booth then?

Or Tanev averaging as much ice time as Henrik?

AV gives ice time to young players. Schroeder is the only one getting less ice time, because he hasn't proven he deserves more.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1972 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

@Chicago_Wolves: BREAKING NEWS: Vancouver has reassigned right wing Nicklas Jensen from AIK (Swedish Elite) to the #ChicagoWolves. Release to follow.

Great news!

Edited by Kent.S, 08 March 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#1973 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Sure he is, but then we'd be risking waivers for another player. We won't likely be doing that without Jensen showing something special in the AHL that warrants the callup.

We're not going to send down Schroeder (a centre) for another winger in Jensen. If Jensen comes up, it will either be as a call up to replace one of our injured wingers or he will be brought up when we begin the playoffs and roster sizes don't matter. That being said, I'm not even sure he would be our first wing call up, as Sweatt is currently playing unbelievably well.

Don't we have a roster spot open while Kesler is still on LTIR?

I'm not an advocate of calling him up just for the sake of calling him up, but if he goes down and plays a few games, plays well, and we continue to struggle, I wouldn't be against calling him up while Kesler remains on IR, then sending him down after unless he just rips it apart.

zackass.png

#1974 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

@VanCanucks: Media Release: #Canucks assign Jensen to the Wolves. http://t.co/lPDnOzK61b

It's official now! :towel:

#1975 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Don't we have a roster spot open while Kesler is still on LTIR?

I'm not an advocate of calling him up just for the sake of calling him up, but if he goes down and plays a few games, plays well, and we continue to struggle, I wouldn't be against calling him up while Kesler remains on IR, then sending him down after unless he just rips it apart.

Technically we do, but Pinizzotto will have to fill that after his conditioning stint or be put on waivers to continue playing with the Wolves. The decision on Pinizzotto will likely come up before Jensen, so it'll depend on how that works out.

#1976 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Jensen said he would play friday if he was asked, any word if Arniel is on his knees yet begging?

#1977 ck9891

ck9891

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Jensen said he would play friday if he was asked, any word if Arniel is on his knees yet begging?

Pretty sure they said he'd sit tonight and play tomorrow.

#1978 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

yeah hes not playing, on the plus side it looks like anton rodin is back from injury!

#1979 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

yeah hes not playing, on the plus side it looks like anton rodin is back from injury!

Ya... but he's still Anton Rodin, largely ineffective and already -1.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1980 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm looking every where and can't find any news Jensen is playing tonight.
Anyone know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.