The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Corrado at 36 GP 3 G 18 A 21 P 61 PIM 25+/-

Who knows how many of those penalties are fighting majors? I like that this shows he is feisty but it's not good if he's nearly penalty per game.

according to hockeyfights.com, he only has 1 fight this season. and that only accounts for 7 of his PM (including the instigator he was assessed on the play)

• 2 weeks later...

The Sudbury Wolves are pleased to announce the winners of November's "Player of the Month" Awards. Community Service Award presented by Travelodge. The winner of the November TRAVELODGE HOTEL COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD is defenceman, FRANK CORRADO. Throughout the month of November, CORRADO represented the Sudbury Wolves at various events around the community, including: school visits, EASTER SEALS Bowl with the Wolves, Skate with the Wolves, and the Santa Claus Parade, among others. Frank is a very valuable player to our club, both on and off the ice.

Found this on his blog, looks like he's a good guy in the community. Love having a guy like this in our system.

Very nice sig.

Imagine if we could have had Edler, Bourdon and Tanev all at once. Oh the potential...

Thank you, and yes, it would have been quite something to have so much potential in those three young blue-liners at the same time. It's so horrible that such bad things happen to such kind young people; Luc went far before he should have and all we can do is dream now..

• 2 weeks later...
The Wolves will also be without the services of leading scoring defenceman FRANK CORRADO, who suffered a facial injury from a deflected puck that will require significant healing-time. The Vancouver Canuck prospect is expected to be out of the Wolves’ line-up for a significant period of time.

http://www.sudburywolves.com/article/8-regulars-out-of-lineup

Get well soon?

Frank Corrado @frankcorrado22

If you would like to see it, I'll show you all, its not that bad, but hurts like a female dog yfrog.com/kjt4ddlj

25ptsle.jpg

Posted on his twitter account a couple days ago, I'm pretty sure this is all the damage done. From how he's taking a picture like this I'd have to say it's safe to assume he doesn't have a broken jaw. Likely some teeth got bent in pretty bad and gum damage. Still, it is painful and he will be out for a bit, get well soon Frankie!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Corrado's at

GAMES 56 GOALS 3 ASSISTS 22 POINTS 25 PIM 79 +/- 30

Sort of dropped back a bit in offense from his start to the season but still pretty impressive, the plus minus is very impressive as well, and this kid's a definite steal in the 5th. Selected one pick earlier and ten years after Bieksa, that's an interesting coincidence and perhaps a good omen :emot-parrot:

I remember during Canucks training camp a Sudbury Wolves fan saying that he wanted Corrado back ASAP because he was so important to the Wolves. I guess that's not really a big deal, it's just refreshing that the Canucks have a late round prospect that plays such an important role. His +30 ranks 10th in the OHL, which is pretty impressive when you consider his team is 5th in the OHL eastern conference and has only a +3 goal differential. He'll be another great young defenseman to develop on the Wolves to follow Tanev/Connauton/Sauve/Polasek once he's done in junior.

57GP 3G 22A 25PTS +28 79PIM on the season, good stuff and a better PPG ratio than last season, never mind that amazing +/-.

I was hoping for 40 points out if him, but from what i heard hes been shutting down other teams top lines and the +/- is a great idication on how well he has done the job. Its too bad not many late round drafted defense even get an invite to Canada's Junior camp beacause i think he has a shot to make the team next year. But sadly they only pick players with high draft pedigree.

Guest Dasein

I was hoping for 40 points out if him, but from what i heard hes been shutting down other teams top lines and the +/- is a great idication on how well he has done the job. Its too bad not many late round drafted defense even get an invite to Canada's Junior camp beacause i think he has a shot to make the team next year. But sadly they only pick players with high draft pedigree.

Well think of how many top-ranked defenseman are in this year's draft and how many from last year will still be in juniors...It'll be a very long shot for Corrado to even get an invite.

Dougie Hamilton's not gonna make the Bruins next year, so he's a lock on defense next year. Scott Harrington won't make the Pittsburgh Penguins, so he's a lock on defense next year as well. Nathan Beaulieu, if he doesn't make the Montreal Canadiens, will have a good chance to make the team again as well.

Then there are the top-ranked defensemen from the 2011 draft class - Duncan Siemens, Ryan Murphy, Jamie Oleksiak and Joe Morrow.

Then there are the top-ranked defensemen from the 2012 draft class - Ryan Murray (already made Team Canada last year - so if he doesn't make the NHL right away, will be a lock to make the team), Mathew Dumba, Morgan Rielly, Griffin Reinhart, Derrick Pouliot, Cody Ceci and Slater Koekoek.

Even if Corrado is better than almost all 2012 draft class defensemen (except Murray), he still has to beat out Siemens, Murphy, Oleksiak and Morrow. I'd love to see him make it, but there's a reason why most late round picks don't make it - there's so many good young defensemen at the junior level, especially this draft year.

Archived