The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

LEAGUE RULING

Earlier this season when Tanner Pearson was signed to a contract, I was asked if he was eligible. I did a quick search and didn't see him on another club, so the signing proceeded. However, I later realized that he was in fact, eligible for the draft this season.

While the draft rules will be clarified in a later, more detailed post regarding league matters, the basic ruling will be that only players who are eligible for that years NHL draft are eligible to be drafted in our league's draft. And in turn, players that are eligible to be drafted in the NHLs upcoming draft will not be eligible to be signed as free agents.

This is the rule going forward and it will be enforced.

Tanner Pearson's contract is now officially voided by the league and he will be available to be selected during the draft.

btw...again :lol:

about Carson McMillan...does his last Nights Game (with 5 Pool Points) not count for me cuz he´s at 0 Days??

just curious

They should count as he was signed before the 1:00pm Pacific Time cutoff for games that day... after all the updates and numbers it's possible I mixed the day up. Keep an eye on his point totals and if its not there by Tuesday, remind me and I'll adjust it.

We are very excited to have Matt commit to our organization for 6 more years. Since my arrival as GM of Tampa, there has been tremendous trade interest in Matt from most GMs in the league. I'm sure both Matt and the Lightning organization can finally put the trade talk and worries aside and commit to building a winning franchise here in Tampa.

Also, Claim Andrew MacDonald.

St.Louis Blues Roster Update

Michalek-Weiss-Iginla

Morrow-Legwand-Erat

Wilson-Goc-Neil

Dalpe-Steckel-McMillan

Olesz

Garrison-Bogosian

Phillips-Butler

Klein-Prosser

Carkner-Bickel

Thomas

Sanford

Kansas City Patriots

Bowman-Scheifele-Wellman

Larsson-Timmins-Repik

Archibald-Weal-Palushaj

Bass-Wahl-Stortini

Staios-Ness

Murphy-Kessel

Scrivens

Grubauer

Endras

Is it possible to get an explanation for this?

It just doesn't make much sense why you would trade a top prospect to LA and then void the contract of the player you got back immediately after.

LA should not have had to pay for my mistake or the enforcing of a rule that at the time of the signing hadn't been laid out for the league.

Mike summed it up nicely.

Basically, I'd rather swallow the bullet myself than upset other GMs over a situation like this. So I lose a good prospect. So be it. As I've always said before, the integrity of the game comes before what benefits my team. I'm sure not everyone believes that, but that's how it is.

The Edmonton Oilers are extremely excited to announce the signing of Dan Hamhuis.

We feel Dan will be part of our core for the next several seasons and we hope that with Dan we will become Cup Champs. Dan is a top 2 Dman on most teams and his experience and calmness on the ice will be integral to our success for the upcoming years

C2X - One Question. Because im not in negotiations with any player anymore, Can i start negotiations with a new player? Or do i have to wait to the trade deadline?

You have to wait. One player in full negotiations before the deadline is all that is allowed. Apparently in your case, that player was Dan Hamhuis.

Archived