The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing another Minor League Report Card like I did last year and I wanted to get any feedback y'all might have.

Last time I only included players on the minor league roster and had a bit of a backlash which was fair enough so I am thinking of doing a more holistic one this go around. I was going to model it after a HF type format of top 10 prospects in the organization. I could do it in installments, divisionally, or as a gigantic wall of text. Thoughts?

/ Roy. Based on my levels of frustration when the Nucks played him. He was the best goaltender of a generation at a time when scoring was so much higher. He'd beat most other goalies by a full 1.0 GAA

Hasek had the best half decade of a goalie ever. He was unbeatable and it was over before it started. Greg Maddux like.

Marty doesn't wow you. He just goes out and wins. Period. So calm, so steady. Unflappable. I'd say there are reasons that Schneids gets compared to him. He literally saved that franchise.

Can't lose with any of those picks.

I like that idea of including all prospects in the organization, as I have some currently called up, and Jurco unsigned.

A cool idea could be to do a general ranking with maybe the top 5 prospects in the organization to start, and then divisional in depth ones later on. If you want, we could provide our own organizational rankings or a small blurb on some of our prospects to help lighten the load?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing another Minor League Report Card like I did last year and I wanted to get any feedback y'all might have.

Last time I only included players on the minor league roster and had a bit of a backlash which was fair enough so I am thinking of doing a more holistic one this go around. I was going to model it after a HF type format of top 10 prospects in the organization. I could do it in installments, divisionally, or as a gigantic wall of text. Thoughts?

Great to see you do this again minister, last time was a great read. Plus I'm looking forward to my grade improving on last year, where my only prospect was Jan Mursak. :P

I'd like to think my grade has improved a bit as well. Looking forward to seeing how my team stacks up! :)

Going over the draft list right now.

There were 3 draft picks unaccounted for:

CBJ 3rd Round Draft Selection

DAL 2nd Round Draft Selection

DAL 3rd Round Draft Selection

I believe I located Columbus' 3rd Round Pick as belonging to Ottawa after an off-season trade. But I can't find the Dallas picks. If anyone can find them, then great. If not, they will be assumed as still with Dallas.

So if nobody has anything to the contrary:

CBJ 3rd Round Draft Selection <--- Ottawa

DAL 2nd Round Draft Selection <--- Dallas

DAL 3rd Round Draft Selection <--- Dallas

...?

Aw, c'mon yoshi, you know how this works.... the Isles get an A++ and the Devils and Sabres get an F. Don't ruin my fun.

Actually, in all seriousness, I considered that and am open to it, if the members are too, but I assumed that I wouldn't get more than 10 submissions. Plus, it is my opinion only. Take it for what it's worth.

You wouldn't get one from me, not because I'm not interested, but rather because I'd like to see a review of my prospect pool from an outside source.

Wayne Gretzky or mason raymond.

I mean no one since gretzky has been as good as Raymond. Rome comes close but mason is amazing.

Nfl free agency has been interesting. My cowboys jus signed Brandon Carr. Great addition. Our cornerbacks arnt that bad. Now we need a pass rush.

And my golden state warriors did the worst trade in history trading Monta Ellis for Andre bogut and Stephane Jackson. What an embarresing trade

Bogut is always hurt while Ellis is a young star

Wow.. it's dead in here... :lol: Everyone must be bracing for the stretch drive.

Perhaps we need a topic of debate?

In your opinion, who is the greatest player in NHL history?

Wayne Gretzky? Mario Lemieux? Bobby Orr? Gordie Howe? Sidney Crosby? Mason Raymond?

Wow.. it's dead in here... :lol: Everyone must be bracing for the stretch drive.

Perhaps we need a topic of debate?

In your opinion, who is the greatest player in NHL history?

Wayne Gretzky? Mario Lemieux? Bobby Orr? Gordie Howe? Sidney Crosby? Mason Raymond?

If I`ve been a bit quiet, it`s only cause there`s alot of tension in Boston. At this point it seems that regardless of what we do, we`ll be facing TheMinister`s NYI. Instead of being a wolf on the prowl approaching playoffs, it seems like things have not gone at all the way we planned, much like a popular predator we all know from cartoons.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/tylermerkel/wile-e-coyotejpg728x520_q85.jpg]http://wile-e-coyotejpg728x520_q85.jpg

Without point production, we are treading water and trying to repair... Montreal had a great night, and has narrowed the gap to less than 200 points for the first time in a month, so it seems Boston`s playoff hopes may be more of an "if" right now, than a "when".

Archived