09. small.pngOttawa - 620

10. small.pngNY Rangers - 598

11. small.png Toronto - 583

12. small.pngPhiladelphia - 579

13. small.pngTampa Bay - 562

14. small.pngWashington - 549

15. small.pngCarolina - 439

* denotes division leaders

btw...Nate Prosser collected 2 points last night but he´s still not on my pick up roster..

will i get those points retroactive?

Put that one thru on the charts last night but must have forgotten to make the move on the site. Just put it through now, so it should show up tomorrow and yes you should get those points retroactively.

^ thanks again...it will take some time to know all about the rules of the game :)

wow...i´m just 5 points behind the conference leader

but this is a fast business..i guess it will change imediately tonight

my goal is to win the division or minimum the 8th spot

currently i´m pretty fine with my team and i hope my team fwill be free from major injuries.

and wow curt...up so late or better early :huh:

Interesting to see how the Conferences seem to have balanced this season. Last year the East was definitely the more powerful conference, save for a handful of Western teams, this year looks much more even. If anything the West has become the more competitive conference. I'm currently 13th overall in the league, but sitting in 8th place in the West, and 3rd in my division.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS TOP SCORERS

Mark Streit- 65

John Tavares- 60

Patrick Kane- 59

Nick Leddy- 57

Alex Steen- 54

Max Pacioretty- 46

Alex Pietrangelo- 46

Rick Nash- 43

Antti Niemi- 42

Jared Spurgeon- 20

Overall, I'm quite pleased with the balanced scoring shown from my team so far. However, looking for a little more scoring from Nash and Pietrangelo: who I believe will find their respective grooves very soon.

Interesting to see how the Conferences seem to have balanced this season. Last year the East was definitely the more powerful conference, save for a handful of Western teams, this year looks much more even. If anything the West has become the more competitive conference. I'm currently 13th overall in the league, but sitting in 8th place in the West, and 3rd in my division.

Brodeur To Start, Devils Host Leafs on TSN

brodeur_77294.jpg

(Sports Network) - Martin Brodeur will return to the New Jersey net tonight after missing six games when the Devils host the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Brodeur, the NHL's all-time leader in wins and shutouts, has been out since suffering an injury to his right shoulder on Oct. 13.

You can see the game on TSN, TSN.ca and TSN Mobile TV beginning at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt, and you can join our Live Blog to chat about the action with your fellow fans.

Toronto lost the opener of a three-game road trip Sunday in Ottawa, bringing a two-game winning streak to an end. The Maple Leafs still ended the first month of the season with a strong 7-3-1 record. Toronto, which has missed the playoffs in each of the past six years, didn't get its seventh win last season until Nov. 18.

New Jersey, meanwhile, has lost two straight and four of its last five games and recently capped a four-game road trip with a 1-3-0 mark. Johan Hedberg has made six straight starts since Brodeur was injured in New Jersey's third game of the season.

The Maple Leafs, who have also been forced to use their No. 2 goaltender in recent games, were dealt a 3-2 regulation loss by the Senators on Sunday, as Kaspars Daugavins' notched the game-winner on his first NHL goal. Clarke MacArthur tallied twice for Toronto and Jonas Gustavsson stopped 27 shots in the losing effort.

The setback dropped Toronto to 2-3-0 as the visiting team this season. The Maple Leafs are 5-0-1 as the home team.

Gustavsson has started the last four games for Toronto with No. 1 goaltender James Reimer on the shelf with a case of whiplash. However, Reimer, who is 4-0-1 with a 2.58 goals-against average this season, practiced on Tuesday and is nearing a return to the crease.

Wednesday morning's game sheet showed Reimer and Ben Scrivens as Toronto's goalies against New Jersey.

Reimer suffered the injury on Oct. 22 and is eligible to return from injured reserve at any time. Ben Scrivens has been backing up Gustavsson, but has yet to see action in an NHL game. Leafs head coach Ron Wilson has not revealed if Reimer will start tonight, or even if he'll be in uniform. With Toronto also playing tomorrow in Columbus, Wilson could opt to give Reimer another day of rest.

In other news for the Leafs, forward Phil Kessel was named the NHL's First Star for the month of October. Kessel leads Toronto and the NHL in goals (10) and points (18) this season.

Toronto also recalled forward Joey Crabb from its AHL affiliate and sent forward Matt Frattin to the Marlies.

The Devils were dealt a 3-1 loss in Dallas on Saturday, as Vernon Fiddler scored the game-winning goal off New Jersey defenseman Mark Fayne's skate.

Petr Sykora scored his first NHL goal in nearly two years to account for the Devils' only tally. Hedberg let up two goals on 22 shots in defeat.

With the score tied, 1-1, Fiddler came around from behind the net and threw a pass out front that caromed off Fayne's blade and past Hedberg at the 11:34 mark of the third period.

"We didn't have a lot of luck around the net and they got one," DeBoer said.

New Jersey is 2-1-1 as the host this season and will play four of its first five games in November at home. The Devils will visit Philadelphia on Thursday before returning to Newark for a three-game residency.

The Devils and Maple Leafs split four meetings last season with each club winning a game at home and on the road. Toronto has taken four of seven and five of nine overall in the series, but has lost three of its last four in the Garden State.

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

As for pittsburgh's question regarding coming back off LTIR. Rather than a complicated assignment to the farm team for conditioning and subsequent recal to our league, we are simply allowing a player coming off LTIR's team to wait a few days to activate him, correct? That is how I understand it right now, but could be wrong.

I think this allows time to make tough decisions, if your roster capped or salary capped already, and may have to trade/waive someone, which is fair, and it also forces GM's to stay on top of things, if you forget about a player who is injured, that is your tough chew toy if you forget to re-activate them....the balance, which I am sure does not need to be pointed out to the league officials, is in ensuring that teams don't "forget" to activate a player for obvious salary cap circumvention. I would watch teams up against the roster limit, or cap limit who have an LTIR player who in reality is healthy and playing for his NHL team, as I am sure league officials would too.

Roster Move

Assingment: The St.Louis Blues assign Forward Casey Wellman to the Kansas City Patriots (no waivers)

Recall: The St.Louis Blues recall Forward Drayson Bowman from the Kansas City Patriots (no waivers)

The Blues...

Morrow-Weiss-Michalek

Erat-Legwand-Iginla

Chimera-Goc-Neil

Sturm-Steckel-Winchester

Bowman

Greene-Karlsson

Garrison-Klein

Butler-Staios

Hunwick-Prosser

Thomas

Scrivens

Great News for me...ESPN America found an agreement with the NHL and the Advisers Media International (AMI)/Medge Consulting (owns the rights for the european market since this season) to show the Games in Western Europe (excepted Skandinavia, Great Britain & Ireland) and other Countrys...this means....the Hockeyless Times on TV are over next Week.. :towel::towel:

Archived