Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13431 replies to this topic

#8311 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:30 AM

I think you guys are being a little too brutal. I held my tongue about what I thought of the trade, but since your putting a lot of lopsided opinions out there, I will merely add that at one point Rome was a filler canuck Dman..he may return to that point again. The future star is just that, a future possible star.

It looks to me like Colorado needs warm bodies more than it needs Rome and somebody in 3 years.

Shrug.

journeyman Dman, 30
prospect dman 2nd round pick
28 year old filler dman
1st round pick (i hate when people refer to late 1sts as a 2nd rounder, its really a bad slight. the 30th pick has far more weight to it than the 31st through 60th
Future considerations that may be considerable, we don't know.

First round pick for rome? Why not. all that filler and considerations for a prospect? Why not.

No need to be so harshly critical of a guy trying to improve, and if the first round pick at the draft is worth more than rome to the guy, so be it.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8312 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

I think you guys are being a little too brutal. I held my tongue about what I thought of the trade, but since your putting a lot of lopsided opinions out there, I will merely add that at one point Rome was a filler canuck Dman..he may return to that point again. The future star is just that, a future possible star.

It looks to me like Colorado needs warm bodies more than it needs Rome and somebody in 3 years.

Shrug.

journeyman Dman, 30
prospect dman 2nd round pick
28 year old filler dman
1st round pick (i hate when people refer to late 1sts as a 2nd rounder, its really a bad slight. the 30th pick has far more weight to it than the 31st through 60th
Future considerations that may be considerable, we don't know.

First round pick for rome? Why not. all that filler and considerations for a prospect? Why not.

No need to be so harshly critical of a guy trying to improve, and if the first round pick at the draft is worth more than rome to the guy, so be it.

If you really think all of that else was traded other than the 1st is equal to Strome, I don't know if you can be taken seriously...

There's no backing to this trade for COL, he did nothing to improve his team IMHO and I don't see any reason why he'd pull the trigger on it.

Edited by OurTimeToShine, 12 December 2011 - 01:35 AM.

hsrnnl.jpg

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#8313 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:17 AM

Bidet

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#8314 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,459 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

Bidet

:towel:

#8315 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,277 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

WAIVERS: The Quebec Nordiques would like to place Troy Bodie on waivers.
Posted Image

#8316 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

LTIR: The Edmonton Oilers place F David Booth on the LTIR retroactive to Dec 10.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#8317 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

LTIR: The Detroit Red Wings place D Rostislav Kleslaon the LTIR retroactive to Dec 11.

#8318 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,202 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

LTIR: The St Louis Blues place D Andy Greeneon the LTIR.

#8319 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,404 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

Regardless of who was the center piece, I propose that this deal be vetoed. If WPG proposed this deal to nux_rule, he should have to answer to us why he did what he did. This type of extreme low balling is not ok and should have no room in this game. If nux_rule proposed this deal to WPG, he should've been fired on the spot because he clearly lacks the knowledge at the type of level of fantasy hockey knowledge that we're playing at in this game, especially with the fact that's it's a deep keeper league per se. I think it's safe to say that we pride ourselves in this league that we have some of the smartest fantasy hockey people around and to let this type of trade slide should not be allowed, regardless of who's fault it is because at the end of the day, we're all in this league to have fun and this type of dealing takes that right out of the game.

If we start veto'ing trades because we don't like them you all may have to find a new GM for Nashville.

If there is a pattern of things (because lets face it the only reason a veto really happens is because people think there is some sort of tampering) at that point maybe we do something. As far as pride in this league having the smartest people that may well be but some of the trade proposals I've received from several people here would tell me not to be too worried here.

Why didn't anybody say anything when Aix was killing Columbus? Where was the pride then Cal?

This trade isn't great for Colorado but we also don't know his mindset as to how he wants to run his team and what vision he has for it. People pissed and moaned about my trade with Mong involving Lucic and in the end as far as points go I believe he's winning that deal currently; if not it's not that wide of a margin.

My only problem with this deal is it brings to light that there is a GM here who we never see anything from...to the point where people had to ask who the GM was. Even if not wheeling and dealing I also think that everyone in a league should have some sort of social connection. That's just me though. There's been plenty of head turningly weird trades since I came here (looking back 2 involving me actualy) and this one isn't much worse than my first trade in this league.

IMO...everyone just chill. Don't pull a D.B. here.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 12 December 2011 - 09:24 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8320 Brunners

Brunners

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

Regardless of who was the center piece, I propose that this deal be vetoed. If WPG proposed this deal to nux_rule, he should have to answer to us why he did what he did. This type of extreme low balling is not ok and should have no room in this game. If nux_rule proposed this deal to WPG, he should've been fired on the spot because he clearly lacks the knowledge at the type of level of fantasy hockey knowledge that we're playing at in this game, especially with the fact that's it's a deep keeper league per se. I think it's safe to say that we pride ourselves in this league that we have some of the smartest fantasy hockey people around and to let this type of trade slide should not be allowed, regardless of who's fault it is because at the end of the day, we're all in this league to have fun and this type of dealing takes that right out of the game.

While I'm flabbergasted this deal has happened, vetoing this trade is the first step on a slippery slope you don't want to be on my friend.

Once you veto this trade, why not veto the next one that angers a gm or two? When are you going to stop?

Posted Image

--

#8321 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

Boston would like to claim Jeff Taffe.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

#8322 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

This is arguably the slowest day in hockey of the season.

Go Henrik Tallinder, do us proud!

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8323 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

This is arguably the slowest day in hockey of the season.

Go Henrik Tallinder, do us proud!

It`s no Thanksgiving... That was brutal.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

#8324 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

i hate one game nights..... :lol:

my only player that could play tonight is injured :(

tuesday will be better buddies ;)

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 12 December 2011 - 09:39 AM.

#8325 Mongrel

Mongrel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

CBJ claims Taffe

#8326 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

If you really think all of that else was traded other than the 1st is equal to Strome, I don't know if you can be taken seriously...

There's no backing to this trade for COL, he did nothing to improve his team IMHO and I don't see any reason why he'd pull the trigger on it.

There are a lot of ways to look at it, and a lot of different mindsets. That is all I am saying.

Rome, hometown team favorite aside(forget he is a canuck for a sec), never did squat in the league, by CDCGML point stats terms:

He is 28 years old, 6'1" and 220lbs. In 143 career nhl games he has 18 points and 135plm. Roughly 113 fantasy points a year average. My worst full time Dman has 140 as his yearly average. Sure this 'could' be Rome's breakout year, he has a good 1/3 of his career points already in just this opening 1/4 of the season, that is great, but what if its not? What if he has apex'd and is being sold while his stock is considered high?

That leaves the prospect for a first round pick, fair enough.

So yeah, there are lots of perspectives, and I think it is unfair to rip into a trade publicly, as it only serves to alienate the guy who you all say made a dumb move.

EDIT: I would like to add that there was a hue and cryy when i Traded Getzlaf and White for Spezza and Regin and three other supporting characters.

Sure, I didn't 'win' the trade, but the other guy never really 'pwned' me on it either. Both the players I sent out are doing well: over 100 fantasy points each, but Getzlaf is on the 2nd worst team in the league, and is not likely to add any post season value. Meanwhile Spezza is beating each of them in points and is on a team that will likely finish in the playoffs. Regin has been hurt since shortly after the trade, but is a highly touted young 2nd line center..a guy whose rookie year had him with 29 points and plus 10. So you can see, perspective adds a lot to the discussion, and we don't know what the future considerations are either...this trade, over time, could be okay for both parties. I think most people are upset that winnipeg gets another canuck. lol

Edited by Primal Optimist, 12 December 2011 - 09:53 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8327 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,912 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

While I'm flabbergasted this deal has happened, vetoing this trade is the first step on a slippery slope you don't want to be on my friend.

Once you veto this trade, why not veto the next one that angers a gm or two? When are you going to stop?

100% agree with Brunners and EOTM, although the deal was absolutley brutal and imo something should be done, deals shouldn't be vetoed unless tampering or another signifigant issue has come towards the execs. That said the deal was awful and Colorado needs to give his head a shake for that one.

hsrnnl.jpg

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#8328 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

If we start veto'ing trades because we don't like them you all may have to find a new GM for Nashville.

If there is a pattern of things (because lets face it the only reason a veto really happens is because people think there is some sort of tampering) at that point maybe we do something. As far as pride in this league having the smartest people that may well be but some of the trade proposals I've received from several people here would tell me not to be too worried here.

Why didn't anybody say anything when Aix was killing Columbus? Where was the pride then Cal?

This trade isn't great for Colorado but we also don't know his mindset as to how he wants to run his team and what vision he has for it. People pissed and moaned about my trade with Mong involving Lucic and in the end as far as points go I believe he's winning that deal currently; if not it's not that wide of a margin.

My only problem with this deal is it brings to light that there is a GM here who we never see anything from...to the point where people had to ask who the GM was. Even if not wheeling and dealing I also think that everyone in a league should have some sort of social connection. That's just me though. There's been plenty of head turningly weird trades since I came here (looking back 2 involving me actualy) and this one isn't much worse than my first trade in this league.

IMO...everyone just chill. Don't pull a D.B. here.

I like it when you get all take-chargey.

Pull my hair. :D

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#8329 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,404 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

I like it when you get all take-chargey.

Pull my hair. :D

I have to change my shirt now because I spit tea all over myself.

jerk.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8330 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

C2X,

I know your working hard to get caught up, the following are not reflected on pickuphockey.com

Justin Falk called up
Patrick O'Sullivan cleared waivers and assigned to Saskatoon
Peter Regin activated from LTIR prior to his first game back
Adam Burish activated from LTIR the other day

My google docs appear to be in order, but the changes didn't translate on pickuphockey.
Thanks! Oh and Regin played and got me 2 penalty points on the 10th. Pretty sure the others don't have points to worry about in the affected time.

Edit: current linup

Steve Sullivan - Jason Spezza - Daniel Briere
Andrei Kostitsyn - Kyle Brodziak - Brendan Morrison
Travis Moen - Peter Regin - Niklas Hagman
Marco Sturm - Adam Burish+ - Shawn Thornton
Jared Boll

Sami Salo - Mike Green+
Zbynek Michalek+ - Henrik Tallinder
Derek Morris - T.J. Brodie
Mike Lundin - Justin Falk

James Reimer
Sergei Bobrovsky

*Saskatoon Tigers HCL*
F: Mike Duco - Kirill Kabanov - O'Sullivan - Cody Bass
D: Colton Teubert
G: Ben Bishop, Jeff Frazee

Edited by Primal Optimist, 12 December 2011 - 10:19 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8331 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 16,033 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

C2X,

I know your working hard to get caught up, the following are not reflected on pickuphockey.com

Justin Falk called up
Patrick O'Sullivan cleared waivers and assigned to Saskatoon
Peter Regin activated from LTIR prior to his first game back
Adam Burish activated from LTIR the other day

My google docs appear to be in order, but the changes didn't translate on pickuphockey.
Thanks! Oh and Regin played and got me 2 penalty points on the 10th. Pretty sure the others don't have points to worry about in the affected time.

Check tomorrow and let me know, they should have all been updated. I think I had missed the Regin one but I just put that through so it should be all good tomorrow.

Pickup has been doing some weird things lately.... :huh:

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#8332 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:59 AM

cool, thank you!

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8333 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • 16,033 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Oh, and if you ask me, I really shouldn't have to post the future considerations in the thread, as nobody else ever does. But if it will quell this ridiculous whining, I will.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#8334 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

I have to change my shirt now because I spit tea all over myself.

jerk.

I would have preferred if you had swallowed.

Sorry about the shirt and I hope you didn't get any in your hair.

My bad, won't happen again........i promise.

#8335 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Oh, and if you ask me, I really shouldn't have to post the future considerations in the thread, as nobody else ever does. But if it will quell this ridiculous whining, I will.

I think we should just move on, its a trade. Its not like Bettman owning a team and also administering a team like Phoenix through the league offices..and then making a lopsided trade with phoenix...that is not the case. You as a player made a trade with another player. Nuff said. People are belly aching cuz they likely want the players involved and think you didn't pay enough. I think a first for a prospect and a fist full of guys for Rome is close enough to fair.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8336 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

I think we should just move on, its a trade. Its not like Bettman owning a team and also administering a team like Phoenix through the league offices..and then making a lopsided trade with phoenix...that is not the case. You as a player made a trade with another player. Nuff said. People are belly aching cuz they likely want the players involved and think you didn't pay enough. I think a first for a prospect and a fist full of guys for Rome is close enough to fair.

I think you should tread carefully when asserting or assigning likely motives on all people.

You've made your opinion known once....so I advise you to take your own advice and move on.

Lest you inadvertently offend someone.

#8337 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image
Central Division Standings:
Posted Image St.Louis - 1869
Posted Image Detroit - 1847
Posted Image Nashville - 1730
Posted Image Chicago - 1273
Posted Image Columbus - 1165
Northwest Division Standings:
Posted Image Winnipeg - 2071
Posted Image Edmonton - 1989
Posted Image Vancouver - 1857
Posted Image Calgary - 1792
Posted Image Minnesota - 1282
Pacific Division Standings:
Posted Image Los Angeles - 1960
Posted Image Anaheim - 1759
Posted Image Colorado - 1504
Posted Image Dallas - 1480
Posted Image San Jose - 1450
Posted Image
Atlantic Division Standings:
Posted Image NY Islanders - 2000
Posted Image New Jersey - 1963
Posted Image Boston - 1667
Posted Image Philadelphia - 1530
Posted Image NY Rangers - 1483
Northeast Division Standings:
Posted Image Buffalo - 2021
Posted Image Ottawa - 1977
Posted Image Montreal - 1690
Posted Image Quebec - 1634
Posted Image Toronto - 1523
Southeast Division Standings:
Posted Image Pittsburgh - 1892
Posted Image Florida - 1821
Posted Image Washington - 1670
Posted Image Tampa Bay - 1414
Posted Image Carolina - 1227

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8338 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Lest you inadvertently offend someone.

I think its bloody offensive as hell that people rip into gm's for trades that are made. So pot, this is kettle, your black, over.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8339 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image Winnipeg - 2071
Posted Image Los Angeles - 1960
Posted Image St.Louis - 1869
Posted Image Edmonton - 1989
Posted Image Vancouver - 1857
Posted Image Detroit - 1847
Posted Image Calgary - 1792
Posted Image Anaheim - 1759
-----------------------------------------------
Posted Image Nashville - 1730
Posted Image Colorado - 1504
Posted Image Dallas - 1480
Posted Image San Jose - 1450
Posted Image Minnesota - 1282
Posted Image Chicago - 1273
Posted Image Columbus - 1165

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#8340 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image Buffalo - 2021
Posted Image NY Islanders - 2000
Posted Image Pittsburgh - 1892
Posted Image Ottawa - 1977
Posted Image New Jersey - 1963
Posted Image Florida - 1821
Posted Image Montreal - 1690
Posted Image Washington - 1670
-----------------------------------------------
Posted Image Boston - 1667
Posted Image Quebec - 1634
Posted Image Philadelphia - 1530
Posted Image Toronto - 1523
Posted Image NY Rangers - 1483
Posted Image Tampa Bay - 1414
Posted Image Carolina - 1227

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.