The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Why is Ohio so important in the U.S. Presidential election? Texas, New York, California, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Florida all get more Electoral College votes, so I don't get why Ohio is considered so important.

Ohio's a swing state, historically most states tend to always elect a certain party. there are a few states, however, where it tends to swing back and forth. Ohio is one of them, hence why it is so important. the swing states tend to determine the election.
Guest Gumballthechewy

Why would one buy Iams food for his dog?

Because it's for my puppy and the lady I bought her from fed her that and I wasn't about to put up with hershey squirts.

Because it's for my puppy and the lady I bought her from fed her that and I wasn't about to put up with hershey squirts.

you should start weaning her off of it, start mixing it with a higher quality food like Fromm, 10% mix at first for a couple days, and gradually increasing every couple days until no more lambs. I'm surprised you're not getting hershey squirts with the lambs, to be quite honest.
Guest Gumballthechewy

Wean her off puppy food already? She's only 6 months old.

I don't think they sell stuff like Fromm around here, maybe Kelowna would.

What are some other good quality dog foods? Is Blue Buffalo any good?

Wean her off puppy food already? She's only 6 months old.

I don't think they sell stuff like Fromm around here, maybe Kelowna would.

What are some other good quality dog foods? Is Blue Buffalo any good?

don't ween her off puppy food, wean her off low quality puppy food onto a higher quality puppy food.

blue buffalo is good too, though Fromm is the gold standard of dog foods, so to speak.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Oh, I see now, thanks for the advise, next time I'm in Kelowna I'll check out some Fromms or whatever other high quality dog food they have.

PS she only get hershey squirts if she eats any amount of the adult dog food (also low quality foods... I'm sorry I'm a terrible dog parent!)

Oh, I see now, thanks for the advise, next time I'm in Kelowna I'll check out some Fromms or whatever other high quality dog food they have.

PS she only get hershey squirts if she eats any amount of the adult dog food (also low quality foods... I'm sorry I'm a terrible dog parent!)

lol, you're a fine dog parent :P it's not like you are kicking it around the house or starving it :P

hmmm, a lot of meals and grains in that one, I wouldn't choose it for my little princess but if your dog likes it and is doing well there is no reason not to give it to him. my little girl only gets grain free entrees but that's more of a preference thing.

what you are feeding your dog is far and beyond better than most of those major dog foods, though i noticed sea salt is fairly high up the list of ingredients meaning there is quite a bit (and they don't report sodium levels on their package) but since you are mixing it with raw food it should be more than fine as long as you don't give a bunch of sodium laden treats (like snausages and beggin strips and the like). My parents dog has a high sodium food and got a plethora of treats and her kidneys and liver shut down, I'd hate for anyone else to have to go through that.

I'd give my dog raw food but she's a shih-tzu so it would coat her entire face if we were to do that (short muzzle means her entire face goes into the bowl when eating). nothing like rancid meat/fat all over the face to make you immediately regret that decision :P

Did you vote yes on I-502?

:bigblush:

yes, but not because i want to/will be smoking weed, but because I feel that the money currently spent on enforcing/prosecuting it and the increased tax revenue from legal sales of it is MUCH better spent on other things, like public charter schools (i-1240, which I also voted for). Also, less money in criminal organizations hands is always a good thing.

also, i have an open offer to Alton Brown to partner up in a snack shop franchise in seattle, selling a plethora of munchies to anyone who wants them... i'm just waiting to hear back from him on the endeavour.

They have a grain free as well... but I figure as we're feeding him raw meat too..

http://www.performat...free/index.html

performatrin_promo.jpg

Interesting on the salt comments... I wonder if there's any way to find out what the actual amount is and compared to other brands? I presume it's there for largely preservative purposes.

The grain free preference is more of a "just in case" allergen/contamination concern (when dogs end up dying from dog foods, it's usually the fault of grains/contamination), plus dogs don't need grains. Meat and vegetables are more than enough.

As for the salt, most premium dog food brands list it in the nutritional info breakdown (Fromm, for example, has 0.1 grams/100 kcal of sodium). you may be able to search for it online. I'd advise against giving any salty/soft treats at all though, regardless of what the regular food is (not sure if you do this, but it's more of a caution just in case)

Yeah can't seem to Google up any info on the actual salt content of the Performatrin. We do give him denta-stix which I believe may be salty as well...not sure about his other treats though...I'll have to check in to that. I know we only get natural, yadda yadda ones (other than the occasional meal/cooking scraps and cheese) but I can't say we've ever really considered the salt content in them...

Sending text to wife ;)

for tooth cleaning I tend to stick to Science Diet TD. It's a dental food that cleans the teeth but can be used as treats. our little girl gets 3 pieces of the small bites in the morning and 3 at night. She absolutely loves them, and it cleans her teeth. it was a recommendation from our old vet (he was amazing) and was highly praised by our new vet when we told him that's what we did.

for treats, we tend to just give chicken chips (just 100% dehydrated/smoked chicken, no additives) she loves them :D

Guest Gumballthechewy

yes, but not because i want to/will be smoking weed, but because I feel that the money currently spent on enforcing/prosecuting it and the increased tax revenue from legal sales of it is MUCH better spent on other things, like public charter schools (i-1240, which I also voted for). Also, less money in criminal organizations hands is always a good thing.

also, i have an open offer to Alton Brown to partner up in a snack shop franchise in seattle, selling a plethora of munchies to anyone who wants them... i'm just waiting to hear back from him on the endeavour.

Well that's the thing, I don't agree with hippies on much but the legalisation of marijuana makes sense from an economical standpoint, less money spent enforcing laws against something much less dangerous then alcohol or tobacco and more money in the governments pocket due to being able to tax it ect, ect.

Guest Gumballthechewy

for treats, we tend to just give chicken chips (just 100% dehydrated/smoked chicken, no additives) she loves them :D

You gotta be very careful about those chicken treats!

Make sure they aren't made over seas and make sure they don't have this symbol:

irradiated-symbol.jpg

Archived