The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'd say mine would be the ability to fly and it's because it would be SUPER convenient for me to come and see the Canucks play a home game that way haha ;)

Flying would be mine to. :P

Flying would be tons of fun but the ability to freeze time would be OH SO useful :bigblush:

freeze time would be nice too, but then i worry about the physics part of that. one would think that if you froze time you would create so much friction with your movements that you would ignite as soon as you unfroze time, as would whatever you touched/moved. basically you would have infinite speed, which would cause infinite friction.

freeze time would be nice too, but then i worry about the physics part of that. one would think that if you froze time you would create so much friction with your movements that you would ignite as soon as you unfroze time, as would whatever you touched/moved. basically you would have infinite speed, which would cause infinite friction.

how is it possible that you just took the words right out of my mouth. I had planned on posting something smart ass about physics but couldn't figure out the right words to use. Weird.

I'm pretty sure you can find physics (and/or other) flaws with any "super power". I think that's where the "super power" part comes in :lol:

Shall we also rip apart why flying is not realistic as well?

I'm pretty sure you can find physics (and/or other) flaws with any "super power". I think that's where the "super power" part comes in :lol:

I changed my mind...I'd like the abilities of Mr. Fantastic so I could stretch my middle finger all the way up to where JR is typing from :P;)

Guest Gumballthechewy

These super powers have no strings attached by the way, screw reality and physics these are super powers damn it! :P

i have no problem with flying or stopping time, it's just that one is inherently asking for problems as a side effect. there's a reason the flash had to get specially designed anti-friction suit tech...

i have no problem with flying or stopping time, it's just that one is inherently asking for problems as a side effect. there's a reason the flash had to get specially designed anti-friction suit tech...

And the magic physics behind self propelled human flight, the affect of g-forces and altitude, lack of oxygen at altitude etc don't phase you in the least...? :blink:

And the magic physics behind self propelled human flight, the affect of g-forces and altitude, lack of oxygen at altitude etc don't phase you in the least...? :blink:

the self propelled human flight doesn't affect me in the slightest, as that is the superpower (just like infinite speed, i don't have an issue with the direct power) I just question how good that power would be when put into the real world. of course g-forces/altitude/lack of oxygen are an issue with flight, but you don't have to fly fast or high. go too fast or too high and you bring those problems onto yourself and they are easily avoided. the infinite friction from infinite speed are inherent to time stoppage. it's just the reason why i wouldn't want to have that one.
Guest Gumballthechewy

Actually, I can't decide between flying and invulnerability.

Mostly for this:

null_zps10a7de12.jpg?t=1368729823

:bigblush:

I don't know why but any picture I upload with the photobucket app is blurry...

the self propelled human flight doesn't affect me in the slightest, as that is the superpower (just like infinite speed, i don't have an issue with the direct power) I just question how good that power would be when put into the real world. of course g-forces/altitude/lack of oxygen are an issue with flight, but you don't have to fly fast or high. go too fast or too high and you bring those problems onto yourself and they are easily avoided. the infinite friction from infinite speed are inherent to time stoppage.

I see, so beyond the sheer impossibility of self propelled human flight you don't see any issues with it? :picard::lol:

Here's a question for your thread:

Should Gum and I hunt you down and slap you silly for taking all the fun out of a conversation about SUPER -@#%$'ing powers? :P

I see, so beyond the sheer impossibility of self propelled human flight you don't see any issues with it? :picard::lol:

Here's a question for your thread:

Should Gum and I hunt you down and slap you silly for taking all the fun out of a conversation about SUPER -@#%$'ing powers? :P

i dont see inherent issues that would be unavoidable, again, i'm just saying why i wouldn't choose that power.

bring it on. I'll make a standing rib roast ::D

also, you can change jade's diapers while you are here.

i dont see inherent issues that would be unavoidable, again, i'm just saying why i wouldn't choose that power.

bring it on. I'll make a standing rib roast ::D

also, you can change jade's diapers while you are here.

Sure, I'll change hers, you can change both my boys :P

Archived