The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Rypien Passes Away

Darcy Rota

Careful, people will minus you for that because they wont like it even though it's the truth.

Stop being such a crybaby because I've won several arguments against you and because the majority of this board thinks you're trolling, which in fact, you are. I've battled the occasional idiot here and there on Facebook showing disrespect and destroyed them. I show plenty of respect and there wasn't anything disrespectful about that comment.

To those saying that they know first hand about this or that disease because they knew somebody with it and then going on to speak about it like someone had a choice or took the easy way out....please do shut up....unless you have or have had a mental illness you at best have a little insight into what someone who does is really going through.

Unless you have lived it yourself you really have no clue and that I can say as someone with personal intimate experience.

Very sad to hear about Ryp. As said by others, I think he was the toughest Canuck to lace up the skates. He could compete with the biggest, toughest bad asses in the league. I was sorry to see him move to another organization. He'll always be a Canuck in my mind. The dragon that is mental illness claims another victim. Rest in Peace Ryp.

You call someones views misguided simply because they guy you replied to was stating the point that people saying it was selfish etc, didn't know what he was going through. No offence bud, you seem to be the misguided one. Read my previous reply to someone who actually had a wider view of thinking. You do not know what people with depression have been through. I do not either. BUT. I can accept (because I have knowledge on the subject!) that peoples minds completely transform when they become depressed. It almost overrides the person.

Before you jump the gun saying it's 'such a senseless act' maybe you should do some digging into how much this illness affects people. Let alone younger people.

Off topic, not that I give a damn about this ranking system but I'm very surprised you had a plus for it.

Open your eyes and get different views on a subject before jumping the gun.

Sad to see someone pass away in this manner. From what had been reported the past few years people were involved trying to help him so one has to really feel bad for them as well. For the nuck nation a pretty big shock and sad loss. I really enjoyed watching the Ripper and was looking forward to seeing him suit up with the Jets. Knew his days in Van were finished but was extremely happy to see that he was in demand. Hands down my favorite tough guy of the last 5 years.

Careful, people will minus you for that because they wont like it even though it's the truth.

Stop being such a crybaby because I've won several arguments against you and because the majority of this board thinks you're trolling, which in fact, you are. I've battled the occasional idiot here and there on Facebook showing disrespect and destroyed them. I show plenty of respect and there wasn't anything disrespectful about that comment.

Some people say that suicide is selfish when that statement is the definition of selfish because those people are thinking about how it affects themselves, not about the individual driven to it.

It's terribly hard to understand for the rest of us who are left, but how must it have affected that person in order to go through with it?

Archived