The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin point watch

Captain Bob

If you are going to update this throughout the season, why don't you add in more stat categories and more players?

Or a good idea is if this gets merged with the milestone thread and gets added in their.

Because I want it this way. I did a assist watch for Henrik in the past and wanted to do one for points. I started this one before the pinned one was made and want to leave it separate so that these 2 milestones stand out more. This will be a huge discussion once it happens and deserves its own thread.

This is about the Sedins becoming 1-2 in scoring specifically and not the entire team and where they all sit which is why I don't want to add other players and other stats columns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This just goes to show what a second tier team the Canucks has been throughout the years. 760+ points and you are number one!!! Well, Sakic had almost double that!!!

Is it really fair to put down the Canucks by comparing our leading scorer to Joe Sakic? One of the best of all-time?

I mean, how many teams have franchise leaders with Sakic-like numbers? 2nd in Colorado's franchise scoring is Peter Stastny with 1048 points, which is a total which both Sedins are likely to surpass.

Wow, it would to be exciting to see the Sedins be in the top 30 all-time. They are certainly capable of bettering 1024 in their careers. And how unreal is Nick Lidstrom...Highest European career-points leader for a single franchise as a defenseman. Of course, Jagr, Kurri, Sundin, Selanne, etc has him beat in all-time, but still impressive.

And also now I know a category that Gretzky ISN'T #1 in! LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And how successfull has the Sedin-Burrows line been? Just look at the top all-time Canuck +/-

Henrik Sedin 172

Daniel Sedin 161

Alex Burrows 113

Sami Salo 79

Dana Murzyn 78

Marek Malik 58

Christian Ehrhoff 55

Cliff Ronning 54

Willie Mitchell 49

Brendan Morrison 45

Talk about lapping the field...

Archived