The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedin point watch

Captain Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel is 27 points back so I'm assuming Henrik will end up with the record when they retire. Although all it could take is an injury to Henrik in the next few years and that could change.

Man, Naslund won't have had the record for that long. Don't see anyone on the current team or prospect pool that'll pass Daniel or Henrik when they retire (Kesler is closest at 418 points back). So the record should be theirs for a while. Good on them. It's been a helluva lot of fun following their careers...and will continue to be fun (heh, they're not done yet!). Henrik is the only name and number I've put on my Canuck jersey's over the years. I have always had a soft spot for playmakers.

Daniel is 27 points back so I'm assuming Henrik will end up with the record when they retire. Although all it could take is an injury to Henrik in the next few years and that could change.

Man, Naslund won't have had the record for that long. Don't see anyone on the current team or prospect pool that'll pass Daniel or Henrik when they retire (Kesler is closest at 418 points back). So the record should be theirs for a while. Good on them. It's been a helluva lot of fun following their careers...and will continue to be fun (heh, they're not done yet!). Henrik is the only name and number I've put on my Canuck jersey's over the years. I have always had a soft spot for playmakers.

Interesting to note, that despite being 1 point behind Naslund, Henrik is 174 assists ahead of him.

Also, Henrik has played 19 more games than him at this point. I'd say at very most it'll take him 6 games to pass him, and that's being very generous. So they shouldn't be separated by more than 25 games to achieve that point plateau.

Henrik: 12 seasons.903 Regular season games.584 assists.171 goals.32 GW Goals. 755 points.

With just one point remaining to equal Markus for the all time scoring lead I would like to acknowledge both Hank and Dan for their many highly productive years gracing,leading and starring in Vancouver Canucks uniforms.

This is a significant milestone in terms of work ethic,service,reliability and their extraordinary contributions on and off the ice.

Congratulations, Henrik !!!

As I posted on TSN's game day summarizing the Sedin's career:

Year 1 & 2: "Too small to be effective"

Year 3 & 4: "3rd liners, at best"

Year 5 & 6: "Ok, maybe 2nd liners but nothing more"

Year 7 & 8: "1st liners but not elite"

Year 9 & 10: "Elite regular season players but not playoff performers"

Do the naysayers ever get tired of underestimating these two?

/ Atta boy, Hank.

Archived