The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican 2012 Presidential Nominee

The Situation

2012 Presidential Election  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd rather have a racist who wants to free all the minorities imprisoned due to the war on drugs, than a black president who is imprisoning them by the millions and using them as slave labor.

Action speaks louder than words... Unless you're a conservative. Then observable reality doesn't matter. :lol:

Do you have anything to back up the bullsh!t you spew? Or is it all just shallow rhetoric? Tell us, what was done? How? Why is it bad? Why is legalization of heroin bad?

This was a big issue for me. Until Obama signed the NDAA, started threatening war with Iran, and in general advancing neo-con policies. I respect Paul because he's the only one in the GOP who doesn't push his god. While every other GOP candidate is there because god told them to be, Paul is there because he wants to serve the people. I don't think Obama is there to serve the people.

Paul is not my ideal candidate. But he's closer than Obama. And because I'm not an American, I don't care that his domestic policy would be completely contrary to my views. I just want America to pull their tentacles back from the world. Obama won't do that.

If Kucinich or Frank or Sanders ran in opposition to Paul and Obama, I'd pick them in a heart beat though.

Funny how Paul's foreign policy is labeled as his "problem" by mainstream American media but at the same time if people knew what he stood for as far as foreign policy I'm sure his support would increase ten fold.

Let's face it Paul's foreign policy is such a 180 degree turn from where they are at now that even if he makes major strides forward and somehow wins the GOP nomination his fellow Republicans wouldn't get behind him (despite saying otherwise - which they are only saying to not knock the boat while they have a chance to win).

Santorum all but said he promises to go to war with Iran. He flat out promised that he would bomb Iran (which would make war a fait accompli) and which the President, once again, in theory doesn't have the authority to do technically. You think a nutcase like that would get behind Paul? What about Romney, McCain, or other prominent Republicans?

Lets say he even gets all their support I honestly believe Paul would be assassinated or blocked before he could completely pull back the American imperial tentacles.

Honestly, why does the USA still have 50,000 troops stationed in Japan? They've been there since WW2. They borrow money to "protect" the countries which they borrow from.

"Santorum all but said he promises to go to war with Iran. He flat out promised that he would bomb Iran (which would make war a fait accompli) and which the President, once again, in theory doesn't have the authority to do technically. '

Funny how if you are an American you can say this crap,but if you are not then the yanks call you a terrorist,rogue threat to world peace.

The intelligence of candidates and the media covering them seems to be at all-time low. The fact that the United States is near bankruptcy, far from spurring the country to serious debate, seems to have instead somehow led to an ever increasing focus on the irrelevant and idiotic.

The intelligence of candidates and the media covering them seems to be at all-time low. The fact that the United States is near bankruptcy, far from spurring the country to serious debate, seems to have instead somehow led to an ever increasing focus on the irrelevant and idiotic.

I hadn't seen that Mike Gravel clip before and found it powerful.

Yes they are dying in vain. Obama's side step on the question is deplorable. But people don't want honesty they want lies which is why he was elected. The question of war should be put to the people of the US directly in my opinion.

I might have lofty expectations but unless you yourself would fight in a war or work for the armed forces (even if it wasnt in the front line) then you can't really say you support the war.

The sad part is the ignorant and wealthy will make that decision and the poor and powerless will fill the coffins.

I want him to win.

Lamb of God are kicking of 2012 with a new album, Resolution, out January 24. Perhaps taking that title in the legal sense of the term, the band’s frontman, Randy Blythe, has taken it upon himself to announce that he’s running for president this year. You can read what he has to say below, and let us know if you would vote for him in the comments section at the bottom. “It’s 2012 now, the year some are saying the Mayan calendar predicts a cataclysmic upheaval across the board for our planet, perhaps even the end of the world as we know it. I don’t know if these doomsday predictions have any validity, but I do know one thing: the potential candidates in the race to decide who will be elected President of the United States look like pure crap. “I’m not particularly stoked on any of the candidates. In a massive blow to our civil rights, Obama quietly signed the NDAA for the fiscal year 2012 into law while Americans drank in their party hats on New Year’s Eve. The GOP is parading around a bunch of ass-clowns in what has got to be the most embarrassing primary season in the history of their party. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse than Sarah Palin, they bust out that lunatic Michele Bachman. I have no clue what the Libertarians are up to now that Ron Paul is gunning for the Republican nomination. Probably loading their guns and preparing for the worst. “Don’t even get me started on our current Congress, THE WORST CONGRESS I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES. It’s a relentless bipartisan pissing contest in Washington where not only is nothing getting done, nothing is ALLOWED to get done. There’s a bunch of squabbling children in Washington in charge of the business of running our country. These baboons are stopping any useful litigation from occurring by engaging in an endless game of “I know you are, but what am I?”. There is very little compromise happening in DC, and there is very little regard for the welfare of the American people. It’s PATHETIC. “Something has got to change. America is falling to pieces around us and we are sitting back and letting it happen. We need someone to come in and REALLY take charge, someone who can’t be bought by corporate dollars because he doesn’t need or want ‘em. Someone who is not going to bull the country or the rest of the world about what’s going to go down when he steps into office, because he LIKES pissing people off and doesn’t give a crap about hurting anyone’s feelings. We need a man who is not afraid to stick his neck out and risk embarrassing himself while doing the right thing, a man, in fact, INCAPABLE of embarrassment anymore PERIOD because he’s ALREADY done almost every stupid WRONG thing you can think of at one time or the other. We need a hard-boiled, no-nonsense, mean son-of-a-bitch with a bad reputation who ain’t afraid to chicken-whip the crap out of some randomly selected feline-ass billionaire on live tv during his annual State of the Union Address just to make a point and let the mega-rich know that NO ONE is above the law here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. In short, we need a man who just DOES NOT GIVE A frack. “America, that man is me. “Thats right, ME. David Randall Blythe. Ol’ D. Randall. Uncle Randy. Wassisname, that dude from that one band that got drunk and fought in a skirt. I love the USA like a nerd loves D&D, I am thoroughly disgusted with the state of affairs, and I am ready, willing, and able to frack crap UP without a micro-second’s hesitation in order to fix what ails this country. All you have to do is elect me as the next President of the United States of America and I’ll handle the rest.” Read Blythe’s full announcement on his blog. Lamb of God will release Resolution on January 24.

Archived