The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

Hirings

medium.png - Due to unfortunate circumstances, Straight up lazy (CDC_Panthers@hotmail.ca) has stepped down from his role as the General Manager of the Florida Panthers and will be joining the Los Angeles Kings organization in a lesser role. In his place, ThaManBeast has been hired as the new GM of the Florida Panthers.

Welcome, TMB!

medium.png - GM srsface of the Los Angeles Kings has hired /user/71017-straight-up-lazy/">Straight up lazy as their assistant General Manager.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Around the League

RE: Teams "forfeiting" games

It is under my assumption that each team should be icing their best line up possible at the beginning of each game/sim. The main problem that I see when teams "commit" to tanking is that their respective GMs decide on their absolute destination at the beginning of the season - before even the first game is played. The problem arises when we have 8 teams (or 16) actually competing and playing for the playoffs, while the other teams are just there. If that's the case, I may as well have a 16-team league, where everyone makes the playoffs.

One can argue that "well, my team won't be able to compete against the top powerhouses in the sim." However, I challenge each team to overcome this supposed hurdle. I believe I speak for all of us when I say that there are quite a number of teams who are surprises this season. Some other things to consider for teams who have been "forfeiting" games hass been brought up multiple times already - whether or not pending free agents will continue playing for your team, whether your prospects will develop properly, and things of that nature.

To be honest, tanking teams do nothing helpful for the league. For one, it nulls the development of your own young players (or becomes minimal), pending free agents may not find that your team is a particularly good place to play in, and finally it gives other players in the league a free game to feed for points.

And for those asking whether teams that are currently tanking will receive any sort of penalty - no, they will not. Let this post be a warning for the whole league. If any instances occur again after this post, penalties will be given (on a case-to-case basis).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

RE: Tampering (teams/players/contracts)

Recently, a team made a post that was quite controversial in terms of tampering in the league. To fully define tampering is next to impossible, and each instance will need to be look at on a case-to-case basis. In short, though, anything that would hamper a player, their agent, or their team (while the player is still contracted) from signing the player should count as tampering, whether you are openly stating if you are attempting to sign the player or not. A good example of this would be "Player A should not re-sign with Team B, since they are tanking/low in the standings/uncompetitive/etc." Speculation is fine ("I don't think Player A will re-sign with Team B"), but when it borders on the edge of why they shouldn't re-sign with the team in question is considered tampering (influences the player agent/player's decision).

To reiterate, speculation is fine ("I don't think Player A would re-sign with Team B...") but explaining, stating your case, or generally influencing the player/agent ("...because of yada-yada.") is borderline and will be closely monitored.

As I've said, it's a fine line and next to impossible to define, so each case will be looked at in on a case-to-case basis. For now, let this also be a warning for every team when "creating" rumours, making speculations, or anything similar to that extent.

RE: Hostility (recent)

Recently, as we all know, tension has been high among a number of teams/groups. Personally, I have no problems with it - up to some extent. At some points in the confrontations, it gets to the point where names are called, insults being thrown, and general distaste for members of the forum are expressed. May I remind you whatever is against the board rules are against the rules in VHL. We've already had a visit by Stealth and Deb in the thread earlier in the sim year, and I would like to keep it at just those times.

Rivalries and/or conflicts are good, as it defines the league into our particular rivalries (rather than following the usual IRLNHL rivalries). However, I ask all GMs to keep it within the parameters set by the Board Rules. As I've said multiple times, I don't mind the conflicts (it keeps the thread active), as long as rules aren't being broken.

Finally, (since I know that's why you've all read this far anyway) sims will be 9 and 930 tonight (falling behind in class) while any other questions will also be answered. To add to this, people don't seem to be able to find me when I'm not on the Boards. An option to contact me would be through MSN (kr-azz@hotmail.com) and if any GMs have BBM, they can contact me privately for the pin.

Thanks again for the continued support, and a special "thank you" to BunBun (CHI) for his amazing work on spending most of his free time in working on cleaning up the site. An update of things to be expected for next season will be out within coming weeks so GMs will be able to plan accordingly (if necessary).

Around the League

RE: Tampering (teams/players/contracts)

Recently, a team made a post that was quite controversial in terms of tampering in the league. To fully define tampering is next to impossible, and each instance will need to be look at on a case-to-case basis. In short, though, anything that would hamper a player, their agent, or their team (while the player is still contracted) from signing the player should count as tampering, whether you are openly stating if you are attempting to sign the player or not. A good example of this would be "Player A should not re-sign with Team B, since they are tanking/low in the standings/uncompetitive/etc." Speculation is fine ("I don't think Player will re-sign with Team B"), but when it borders on the edge of why they shouldn't re-sign with the team in question is considered tampering (influences the player agent/player's decision).

To reiterate, speculation is fine ("I don't think Player A would re-sign with Team B...") but explaining, stating your case, or generally influencing the player/agent ("...because of yada-yada.") is borderline and will be closely monitored.

As I've said, it's a fine line and next to impossible to define, so each case will be looked at in on a case-to-case basis. For now, let this also be a warning for every team when "creating" rumours, making speculations, or anything similar to that extent.

It's been a problem that's reoccurring in both this league and the one previous (WCNHL). The most accurate will have to be the HTML files that I post every night (under Statistics). At the end of the season (or near it), I'll update the actual standings manually (based on the IRLNHL tie-breaker rules) to have the most accurate matchups for the playoffs.

Signings

small.png Pending RFA D Mike Green has agreed to a 2-year, 11.6M contract extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs (5.8M per year). The contract includes a limited No-Trade Clause. Being only one year removed from free agency, Mike has opted for a 2-year deal in hopes of continuing his success with the Leafs in the immediate future, as he has meshed well with his new club in the last 7 games (2-7-9). As Mike's agent, I feel a short-term contract is appropriate for my client as the organization is currently rebuilding, and unless the Leafs show significant progress in the next couple years in pushing for a playoff spot (either improving in the standings or aggressively adding Cup pieces to the team), Mike could very well choose to sign with a contender while in the prime at the end of the new contract at 28 years old.

Season Game Day 158

[CAR] Milan Lucic (9, 10, 11), Bryan Allen (1)

[FLA] Clarke MacArthur (6), Guillaume Latendresse (10), Tomas Fleischmann (25)

[TOR] Matthew Lombardi (18, 19), Jakub Voracek (18, 19)

[WSH] Alexander Ovechkin (22, 23)

[sTL] David Backes (17), David Booth (20)

[CBJ] David Krejci (18), Rick Nash (26), Kristian Huselius (22)

[CGY] Scott Gomez (18), P.K. Subban (5), Petr Prucha (5), Curtis Glencross (13)

[MIN] Simon Gagne (34), Dominic Moore (10)

* Nick Schultz was injured at 1:26 of the 1st Period

[LAK] Anze Kopitar (30), Dany Heatley (20)

[CHI] Valtteri Filppula (15), Dave Bolland (15)

[PHI] Chris Pronger (5), Daniel Briere (25), Bryan Little (10), Jaromir Jagr (32)

[NJD] Dainius Zubrus (13), Mattias Tedenby (11), Jeff Skinner (10)

[NYI] Tomas Plekanec (20), John Tavares (28), Michael Cammalleri (29)

[NYR] Wojtek Wolski (20, 21), Brandon Dubinsky (15)

[bOS] Marc Savard (19, 20), Zdeno Chara (7), Nathan Horton (31)

[PIT] Pascal Dupuis (10), Chris Kuniz (19, 20), Todd Bertuzzi (5, 6), Eric Belanger (6), Evgeni Malkin (28)

Statistics

NHL

Individual Player Scoring (Pro Teams)

Individual Team Stats (Pro Teams)

Pro Standings

Pro Individual Leaders

Pro Points Leaders

_______________________________________________________________________________________

AHL

Individual Player Scoring (Farm Teams)

Individual Team Stats (Farm Teams)

Farm Standings

Farm Individual Leaders

Farm Points Leaders

Guest AriGold

[CGY] Scott Gomez (18), P.K. Subban (5), Petr Prucha (5), Curtis Glencross (13)

[MIN] Simon Gagne (34), Dominic Moore (10)

* Nick Schultz was injured at 1:26 of the 1st Period

Archived