The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Virtual Hockey League

Krazz

The Montreal Canadiens are looking for an Assistant GM! PM Me if interested - with all of the upcoming draft picks, You WILL be busy!

I also wanted to comment on "tanking" I don't know about the other teams near the bottom of the league, but for me I feel we should be pushing to try and get as much out of our players as we can offensively, regardless of where we finish, It just seems a little dishonourable to me to go into an 0-5-0 strategy, at the same time, who care its just a game? - but, its a little bit lame to KNOW that you basically have a free win against team X because of the way they are playing.

Personally I think that teams found to be killing their team for 1st Pick should have their player growth stunted because they didn't put up any points/didn't really do anything. I still have Brian Gionta 11 pts back of 1st place in the scoring race, while I highly doubt he'll win it, for me the chance is enough to keep fighting on, but at the same time, looking at my team long term, would be it better for me to just fail now to win later? In real life, players have pride, if a GM doesn't take any in his teams performance, I just see something wrong with that, but at the same time, I'm still looking at this from the "OMFG Shut up InSoM- its just a game" standpoint.

What does everyone else think?

I'm freakin' conflicted.

lol, did some investigating and hypocrite much? You're playing Delmas and Peters over Price to lose now, and you use a 0-0-5 to boot. A team that plays no defense with a terrible goalie in, yeah I'm sure you're trying to win. :lol:

lol, did some investigating and hypocrite much? You're playing Delmas and Peters over Price to lose now, and you use a 0-0-5 to boot. A team that plays no defense with a terrible goalie in, yeah I'm sure you're trying to win. :lol:

Actually I've been going back and fourth as to whether or not I should keep doing that - its part of the reason I brought it up, I've been pretty conflicted about it and I haven't liked doing that AT ALL, but the simple fact is, I've been watching some of the other teams with worse strategies than what I'd been using continue to lose, and lose, and lose and I want 1st overall; but you and your "little" crew just look for the worst in my posts anyways so...

20080202231407%21Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I get it, you don't like me. Now deal with it, LOL

--

Though This was part of my point.

Carey Price has already started 58 games I have no need to play him anymore to keep his stats up, his season can't get any better or worse.

I can tank the last 20-or so games without any real penalty to him, there is no way to realistically stop it. Endurance hasn't played enough of a role in the sim, we've all been able to start our starting goalies WAY too much.

There is no way to stop a team near the bottom from simply tanking the last 10-20 games, and its lame.

Perhaps a more balanced, less last overall reliant lottery draft would be better for our league?

I'm not a huge fan of basketball either, but here it goes (from wikipedia)

There are 66 lottery balls. the worst team gets 11 of them, 2nd worst 10, 3rd worst 9, etc. at least that's the way it was in the 90's before computers were mainstream, now its all based on weird percentages and like 1000 combinations

I don't see the problem with the teams tanking as those GMs are doing their best to help their teams in the future. However, one must be concerned as to what the player agents might think for their players come free agent time. Most UFAs may not be interested in the rebuild at all and would probably decide to resign elsewhere.

The NHL draft lottery is already good enough. There's no need to implement a NBA system.

As for sitting certain players like your goalie, I'm sure most goalies would prefer to play rather than sit on the bench. Teams don't bench their #1 goalie just to tank a season.

This is why Krazz initially talked about the finance feature for next season. If a team is tanking for the entire season, there's not going to be much fans watching. Tanking at the last 10-15 games is reasonable, but not an entire season. However, I haven't heard anything about the finance feature lately so I'm assuming no such thing will be added next season.

Archived