1960 replies to this topic

#301 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Wow, what a predictably boring PPV from the WWE yet again.

No one got more pop than Santino the entire night, and what were we rewarded with, no title changes and two very crappy ending matches which included another heroic Cena comeback.

If Cena wins at Wrestlemania I will no longer watch this, I guarantee it, because I have little faith anymore in the WWE to give the fans what they want.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#302 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

So John Laurinaitis wants to be general manager of SmackDown!. Could we see the complete end of the brand extension to allow this to happen?

They've apparently liked airing SmackDown! live on Tuesday nights and are considering moving it to Tuesday permanently. Monday and Tuesday back-to-back shows.

Curve ball at WrestleMania:

Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk vs. Sheamus vs. Chris Jericho in a WWE Championship/World Heavyweight Championship unification match
Cody Rhodes vs. Jack Swagger in a WWE Intercontinental Championship/WWE United States Championship unification match
The Rock vs. John Cena
Triple H vs. The Undertaker
Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma for the WWE Divas Championship
Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, etc. in a No. 1 contenders match for the Unified WWE Championship

Not likely to happen though I think.

Edited by Opmac, 20 February 2012 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

#303 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Eve turned heel. :frantic:

They're trying everything to even up the reaction for John Cena.

Where is Kharma? A Diva match featuring The Bella Twins, I thought something was going to happen. <_<

Edited by Opmac, 20 February 2012 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

#304 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, etc. in a No. 1 contenders match for the Unified WWE Championship

Barrett looks like he is out for awhile now. Even before King said anything I could tell he broke his arm just by the way he was reacting and not moving it. Show should have dropped Ziggler on them and not thrown him.
Posted Image

#305 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Barrett looks like he is out for awhile now. Even before King said anything I could tell he broke his arm just by the way he was reacting and not moving it. Show should have dropped Ziggler on them and not thrown him.

The way Ziggler was thrown, it looked like he hit at Barrett's head. Couldn't tell forsure where exactly during that throw that Barrett broke his arm (my guess would be falling on it awkwardly) but you were right, the reaction out of Barrett was obvious that he was hurt. Cole's an idiot the whole time for saying Ziggler was hurt, thank god Lawler and Punk were paying attention to what was going on 5 feet in front of them. Very rare to see the 'X' and a strecher come out mid-match while the match is going on.

Oh, and how stupid was Cody Rhodes for throwing Santino out right in front Barrett while he's being worked on?! Santino just about landed on Barrett's broken arm!

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#306 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

pretty good show loved taker and triple h segment and John Cena was golden tonight can't wait for him to face the rock "hoeski"

#307 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

The Rock is sick and tired of John Cena and his jealous ramblings. The only thing that jabroni can say is that "I'm here, I'm here." Shut your mouth Cena. You have tried branching out to movies and failed miserably, you phony piece of trailer park trash. The Rock will see your roody poo candy ass next week.

Edited by Dwayne The Rock Johnson, 21 February 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#308 Mikey2Dope

Mikey2Dope

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

The way Ziggler was thrown, it looked like he hit at Barrett's head. Couldn't tell forsure where exactly during that throw that Barrett broke his arm (my guess would be falling on it awkwardly) but you were right, the reaction out of Barrett was obvious that he was hurt. Cole's an idiot the whole time for saying Ziggler was hurt, thank god Lawler and Punk were paying attention to what was going on 5 feet in front of them. Very rare to see the 'X' and a strecher come out mid-match while the match is going on.

Oh, and how stupid was Cody Rhodes for throwing Santino out right in front Barrett while he's being worked on?! Santino just about landed on Barrett's broken arm!

Well apparently Santino DID land on his arm.

Update 1:

Wade Barrett suffered an arm injury in Raw's main event battle royal. Barrett caught Dolph Ziggler after he was thrown over the top by Big Show and was seen holding his right arm. The infamous "X" was signaled and doctors came down as the match progressed. The injury appears to have been complicated when Santino went over the top and landed on the arm.

Ziggler was also hurt when his shoulder and arm hit the table.

R-Truth also needed help going to the back.

Kofi Kingston took an ugly bump but didn't appear to be hurt, while Cody Rhodes was limping badly from his match last night and was hurt when he did a kick and his leg gave out. He did get up and did several more spots.

Update 2:

Dolph Ziggler is said to be okay after the Raw main event. He took a tough bump was was checked out backstage and determined to be okay.

Wade Barrett on the other hand has been confirmed to have suffered dislocated elbow.

I have ZERO idea what Rhodes/Santino were thinking. Theres 3 other sides of the bloody ring!

Edited by Mikey2Dope, 21 February 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#309 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

Yeah, I did think it was odd to see R-Truth hanging around longer than usual...his initial bump when going over the top rope looked like it could've done some damage considering how he landed. Ziggler is tricky because the guy sells every move like he's about to be knocked out, and screams, so he won't be as obvious when he's legitimately hurt like Barrett was.

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#310 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Undertaker vs Triple H. I guess it's fitting that it's Hell in a Cell. Both of them have been in it plenty of times.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#311 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Undertaker vs Triple H. I guess it's fitting that it's Hell in a Cell. Both of them have been in it plenty of times.

I'm betting Taker has 1 year or less left in the tank unless he gets another major injury. Can't see what direction this match is going in...if Taker does lose to Triple H, he'll retire right after Wrestlemania. If he does go 20-0, he'll probably carry on through one last year on the roster and probably set up a Wrestlemania match with the only big name on the roster he hasn't fought at Wrestlemania, John Cena. And if Taker wins this year, I'd just puke if Cena snapped the streak.

#312 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

For those that missed it, there are clips of Barrett's injury on Youtube. Injury happens about 30 seconds in during Ziggler's elimination:

#313 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

I've been to a few of these in Cloverdale and for $20 bucks its well worth it

--------------------------------------

All Star Wrestling the return of Harry "DH" Smith

Posted Image Fri Mar 09 2012 at 08:00 pm
Posted Image Venue : Cloverdale Fairgrounds Alice McKay Building, 6050 176th. St, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

The return of former WWE Smackdown Star HARRY "DH" SMITH as he teams up with NWA Canadian Champion, Artemis Spencer to take on the Greatness On Demand(Gorgeous Michelle Starr & Disco Fury)

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Mr. India vs Lak Siddartha

GIRLS FATAL FOUR WAY ELIMINATION

Nicole Matthews vs Raven Lake vs KC Spinelli(ECCW Ladies Champion) vs Sammi Hall

WINNING STREAK ON THE LINE

The Toga Boy vs Scotty Mac

Can Toga Boy stay undefeated in ASW? This will be his toughest challenge.

Azeem The Dream vs The Mighty Iton

Plus much more to be announced!

Tickets are $20 Front Row

$15 Rows 2/3 Floor ans Rows A, B, C seats 1-15 in Bleachers

$12 Bleachers.

Tickets can be purchased in advanced or at the door

Central City Comix- 10221 King George Boulevard Surrey (604) 584-2664

Comics Scene-8912 152 St Surrey (604) 582-2877

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 21 February 2012 - 06:55 PM.

13yl1g7.jpg

#314 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

The End of the Attitude Forever

This match is going to be the one that will finally seal off the Attitude Era and then we will finally be into the new era of wrestling. This is a very good way to end it off, two of the greatest of all time are going at it in the match that made both of them famous, I can't wait and I am very strongly considering ordering this PPV now, I mean the card is tremendous:

The Rock vs John Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus

I am really starting to like this John Cena because everything he says about The Rock, whether you like it or not, is true and I am furious at the fact how he promised he would never leave, and he did. That really got me angry and the John Cena out of the PG area on the mic is tremendous as he is just killing it with whatever he says.

Great stuff to look forward to, the ride has begun my friends, and it is going to be quite the experience, one that we have wanted for years.

#315 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

The Rock is sick and tired of John Cena and his jealous ramblings. The only thing that jabroni can say is that "I'm here, I'm here." Shut your mouth Cena. You have tried branching out to movies and failed miserably, you phony piece of trailer park trash. The Rock will see your roody poo candy ass next week.

LOL your sick and tired of John Cena why don't you try and compete every week and stay and not run away like a b!tch, you come back to promote a movie and then just go away and I'm pretty sure the only good movie you been in is fast 5, phony piece of trailer park trash shesh at least Cena can rap and diss you and how long do you plan on staying for one show or your gonna change your mind and do a interview via satellite?

#316 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,136 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

POPULAR

LOL your sick and tired of John Cena why don't you try and compete every week and stay and not run away like a b!tch, you come back to promote a movie and then just go away and I'm pretty sure the only good movie you been in is fast 5, phony piece of trailer park trash shesh at least Cena can rap and diss you and how long do you plan on staying for one show or your gonna change your mind and do a interview via satellite?

#317 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

The End of the Attitude Forever

This match is going to be the one that will finally seal off the Attitude Era and then we will finally be into the new era of wrestling. This is a very good way to end it off, two of the greatest of all time are going at it in the match that made both of them famous, I can't wait and I am very strongly considering ordering this PPV now, I mean the card is tremendous:

The Rock vs John Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus

I am really starting to like this John Cena because everything he says about The Rock, whether you like it or not, is true and I am furious at the fact how he promised he would never leave, and he did. That really got me angry and the John Cena out of the PG area on the mic is tremendous as he is just killing it with whatever he says.

Great stuff to look forward to, the ride has begun my friends, and it is going to be quite the experience, one that we have wanted for years.

I love the Rock he was my favourite superstar but ever since he left its been John Cena and all of the stuff he said was 100% true, The rock uses the people to promote his movies he's never going to stay in the WWE for more then a month after WM28 he's gonna be gone

#318 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm not really a Cena fan but I agree. Pretty much everything he has said is true. The Rock left and Cena has been there working hard every week.

Hopefully Punk and Jericho have a great one at WM. Could be awesome.

Anyone hear about this CM Punk/Chris Brown thing? http://www.wzronline...unks-video.html

Edited by Madness, 21 February 2012 - 11:10 PM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#319 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

People actually thought The Rock was going to stay when he said "he was never going to leave"? :picard: :lol:

Newsflash, he's not employeed by the WWE.

Cena is just jealous because the Rock got a bigger pop than he'll ever get after being gone for 7 years.

BaOiJ02.png

#320 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Jealous? Its a story line.. Im sure Cena has a lot of respect for what the rock has done in the past.

#321 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

People actually thought The Rock was going to stay when he said "he was never going to leave"? :picard: :lol:

Newsflash, he's not employeed by the WWE.

Cena is just jealous because the Rock got a bigger pop than he'll ever get after being gone for 7 years.

You think Cena's jelous, he's got the WWE on his palm
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#322 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

If John Cena and The Rock started in WWE around the same time then I could agree with him but as far as I am concerned The Rock paid his dues long ago. I think The Rock was around for 8 years and Cena has been 10 years now?

Anyways looking forward to WrestleMania this year, still not thrilled about The Undertaker vs HHH for the third time but with the match being inside a Hell In A Cell it should be good if there is blood!

Still waiting for Kharma...

#323 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

If John Cena and The Rock started in WWE around the same time then I could agree with him but as far as I am concerned The Rock paid his dues long ago. I think The Rock was around for 8 years and Cena has been 10 years now?

Anyways looking forward to WrestleMania this year, still not thrilled about The Undertaker vs HHH for the third time but with the match being inside a Hell In A Cell it should be good if there is blood!

If Cena had the chance the rock had during the attitude era all of you would think he is one of the greatest Cena has been in the PG era and he still loves doing this, the rock only comes back to promote stuff, John Cena respects what The rock has done

Edited by canucks3322, 22 February 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#324 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

-- WWE has not followed up on Kharma's appearance last month at the Royal Rumble because she hasn't fully recovered from giving birth on December 31, 2011 and isn't ready to work a full-time schedule. She competed in the Rumble Match because creative felt it would create a good story since it wasn't expected.

-- A match involving the WWE Divas is expected to take place at WrestleMania XXVIII although some company officials are against utilizing the women for the sake of it since the affair would take away time from the bouts people are most interested in seeing.

:picard:

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 22 February 2012 - 07:46 PM.

13yl1g7.jpg

#325 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

-- WWE has not followed up on Kharma's appearance last month at the Royal Rumble because she hasn't fully recovered from giving birth on December 31, 2011 and isn't ready to work a full-time schedule. She competed in the Rumble Match because creative felt it would create a good story since it wasn't expected.

-- A match involving the WWE Divas is expected to take place at WrestleMania XXVIII although some company officials are against utilizing the women for the sake of it since the affair would take away time from the bouts people are most interested in seeing.

Pretty much sums up how WWE feels about the women's division. If they'd stop hiring pretty blondes like Kelly Kelly (I know she's hot) they may actually be able to put on some matches that fans would care about. Just digging through the talent that they have, Beth Phoenix, Nattie Neidhart, Tamina Snucka and Kharma (when she returns) are probably the only ladies that can have a match with each other that would last more than 3 minutes and stay interesting. I'll give the other Divas credit for trying, but they go out and use the same hair pulling, booty popping and bronco busters every week, and do nothing else that's interesting. At least the 4 I listed can perform moves you don't see other Divas doing or even attempting.

#326 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

I wish they would have more matches in Wrestlemania. It seems like half of last years was just promos. Yeah, we already know how the feuds went, just get it over with and give some other guys a chance to be in a ppv.
Posted Image

#327 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Vintage Collection has some great women`s matches from the past. Makes today`s matches look beyond pathetic.

I have no doubt that some of the current women could put on some spectacular matches but yeah, they need more then 3 minutes. I hate when they have a 8 woman-tag match and like 5 of them never step in the ring, just there to look at I guess.

#328 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hmmm, so no Kharma at WrestleMania? Now that they mention it, Kharma did look a lot fatter than usual at the Royal Rumble.

I hope they don't have another ridiculous Divas Battle Royal or 8-Diva Tag Match at WrestleMania. :picard:

Tamina Snuka vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Natalya in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Divas Championship. Be longer than two minutes. I'd like to see some near falls. But we know it's going to be a two minute match. :picard:

Current creative plans call for John Laurinaitis' feud with Theodore Long, for full control of both brands, to culminate with a winner takes all match at WrestleMania 28.

According to reports, this match will replace Money In The Bank in getting a number of superstars involved in the match. Laurinaitis would be the captain of a team of heel WWE stars against a babyface team captained by Long at the pay-per-view, with the winning captain becoming General Manager of both Raw and SmackDown.

Tag team ladder match for the contract to be general manager of both brands?

David Otunga, The Miz, Mark Henry, Christian, Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton, Ezekiel Jackson, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, and Zack Ryder?

Honestly, I had troubles thinking who could be on Theodore Long's team.

Edited by Opmac, 22 February 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image

#329 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image

:lol:

13yl1g7.jpg

#330 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

Believe me son, The Rock doesn't need the WWE to promote movies. Compete every week? The Rock has already done that, probably well before you were even born. The Rock also did it much better than John Cena. Don't you worry , your hero will feel the Rock's wrath this monday night on Raw.

If ya smellllllllll what The Rock....is cooking.

Edited by Dwayne The Rock Johnson, 23 February 2012 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.