The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bleacher Report: Ryan Kesler should be captain

Scorevat

403 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In his first year of captaincy, Hank led us to a President's Trophy and 1 game away from the Cup. That's a pretty darn good job, if you ask me. Kesler will stick with the A until the Sedins retire. After they do, it'll be either him or Hodgson that gets the C. Perhaps by then he'll show enough maturity to prove that he deserves the C.

Kesler doesnt need the C to lead the team, look at Bieksa and Manny. Henrik as captain has been great : classy, calm, humble and deserving. The Sedin twins have waited a long time to become leaders, and the honour given to Henrik is well deserved. I think it's obvious though that Kesler IS a leader on the Canucks (as are Bieksa, Manny, Salo etc), but he doesn't need the C to lead his boys. Game 7 vs Chicago, you could tell from Kesler's face that he was ready, he looked so effing determined but did not need the C to do so if you catch my gist.

:picard: ...

Ryan Kesler the one who told reporters anyone who makes a big hit should be willing to fight? Or the Ryan Kesler who only last week blew a fuse over a mild, and deserved, critic by AV? Or maybe you mean the one that rivals Lappy and Burr for his .. on ice personality?

He's what a lot of hockey players like no doubt, but he's no captain. I guess if it was a popularity contest he might have a chance though.

Sidenote: I like Kes, Lappy and Burr.. just saying

Anyone remember when Aaron Rome sent the puck down the ice towards the open net for his first career goal? Henrik followed after the puck to protect it and make sure nobody touched it so Rome could have his first goal.

I don't know about the rest of you but I think that really shows why Henrik should be captain.

Anyone remember when Aaron Rome sent the puck down the ice towards the open net for his first career goal? Henrik followed after the puck to protect it and make sure nobody touched it so Rome could have his first goal.

I don't know about the rest of you but I think that really shows why Henrik should be captain.

I don't think Hank would be offended to wear an A, considering Danny often wears nothing.

Kesler has grown alot as a player, and person, and I think he would grow even more as a Captain.

Lets not forget that Steamer was awarded the Captaincy based on his work ethic mostly.

That being said, there are plenty of guys on this team who are hard working character guys who would be capable of being the big "C"

I say let the players decide in a covert vote, if its an issue. But I don't have a problem with Hank remaining Captain, as i think he has done a fine job.

Archived