#32 jammerculture

jammerculture

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

POPULAR

Omg people, its all about shaking up the team to get things going! Av knows what he's doing. It'll all settle back to normal in a few games except there will be a new found intensity. Playoffs are right around the corner, all this line juggling is nothing but a jump start to a team that is coasting. In Cody's case it's most likely about getting those ubder him a kick, rather then himself.

Imo it is just what is needed. Av's the man, his wacky line juggling has proven effective time, and time and time again.

Settle down kids and let the man do his job.

Edited by jammerculture, 09 February 2012 - 08:06 PM.

Don't listen to the talking heads

But MG is playing chess out there, while most CDC'ers can only think in terms of a game of checkers.

Best CDC quote EVER!

#33 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Guys. Stop complaining about everything. Enjoy the hockey.
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#34 Orca Chomp

Orca Chomp

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yah, what is AV thinking??... We're so far down the league standings, he's making all these nonsense line changes that keep being so incredibly unsuccessful when the good ol' lines have been working perfectly well.... NOT.
We're tied for second place in the league after tonight's game. The line shake-ups have generated some very descent show of skill and it's showing all over the map. Give AV and our guys some credit for what they are doing and take a chill pill. Just because you wouldn't make the same lineup calls for Cody or any of the other guys doesn't mean you need to scream blue murder. Louder is not necessarily 'righter'..
Now, inhale, exhale. Repeat.

#35 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Cody on the right so Duco can play the left side?
AV didn't like Duco-Lapierre-Manny together?
Letting Cody have some practice RW shifts before giving him a top 6 winger tryout?
Re-evaluating Manny on the third as its been a while?
AV trying lots of crazy stuff now rather than in the playoffs?
Meh?

Someone using logic.
Don't think of it as a demotion, think of it as line juggling people. AV has faith in him.
When Bitz was put with Henrik people freaked too, although it is probably temporary it worked. People complain when his moves (gambles) don't work, but when they do they refuse to give credit.

#36 CanuckEnergy

CanuckEnergy

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

I dont think it matters, its only one game, AV is just expierementing with the lines, hes just letting Cody play with other players to see how they work together

#37 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Cause AV is an idiot?

Hodgson rookie of the month and gets demoted to the 4th line lol.

100%, whatever you say ......

AV, the best coach in the NHL besides Babcock respectfully, is an idiot, for demoting Coho to the 4th line when he clearly said in multiple interviews the past week or so, that he's going to change the line-ups more so players get chemistry with unfamiliar teammates. :picard:

He moved everyone up and down, that goes for Hank, Dank, Kes, Burr, and Booth, so why would it be stupid if he moved Coho too?

Jack Adams winner, team on a pretty great point streak the past games - whatever he's done to keep this winning streak up is fine as long as it keeps working. :)

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#38 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,942 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Because AV is a genius in every move he does.....

Sarcasm

But we do win.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#39 rluongo01

rluongo01

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Cody has been struggling a little bit lately. I think everyone was just expecting him to continue playing as well as he was after that spectacular January. The team has been getting results lately, but it's no secret we haven't been playing our best. AV was just mixing up the lines and I'm sure Cody will be back to his normal third line spot soon enough. Hopefully he can get back to January form.

#40 themonicator

themonicator

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Every line scored tonight. I suggest you reserve your judgements after the game. These line shakeups are working.
Posted Image

Our Prospects

#41 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Malhotra - one goal tonight, CoHo none. Gee, I wonder who the genius is now?

#42 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Im all for the line juggling, infact i was ecstatic and applauded av when he started.

What I think people are upset about is cody loosing ice time to manny when he has been outplaying him. Manny certainly has not played well enough to deserve a promotion. And please dont cite one goal against minny. The wild looked awful.

I actually would be fine with hodgson duco lap line if they were they 3rd line.

Hansen has not been playing well either.

And before we celebrate about av's line choices, please keep in mind we were playing the wild. There was a big difference between them and nashville or even the avs.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 09 February 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#43 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

This is honestly BS. I'm happy that Manny scored, but since he did, he's gonna win AV and be put On the third line C for good. AV better put Cody on the wing or something, he might win the Calder for christ sakes!
Posted Image

#44 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

How many points does Manny have and how many does Cody have? Please, don't side with AV on this one...

Edited by JeffTambo10, 09 February 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#45 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

I do not understand why Hodgson is on the fourth line tonight Malhotra has been crap he has done nothing and Hodgson is one of our best fowards every night so how the hell does Malhotra deserve the third line over Hodgson? AV is so confusing

It's called "paying your dues". :canucks:

#46 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

It's called "paying your dues". :canucks:

have you seen his ice time compared to any other rookies in the league? I think hes paid his dues.

And i thumb's up'd your post by accident :)

Edited by Ghostdivision, 09 February 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#47 DrWhom

DrWhom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Another question is why didn't Cody get an assist on Lappys goal......looks like he bumped the puck out of the scrum over to Lappy to flick intothe goal....robbed I tells ya...

#48 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Another question is why didn't Cody get an assist on Lappys goal......looks like he bumped the puck out of the scrum over to Lappy to flick intothe goal....robbed I tells ya...

Yea they also mentioned that on sportsnet he should have got an assist.

he was celebrating like he helped anyway.

#49 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

So everything is forogotten after he got a lucky tip in? geez its easy to impress some people..

He was bad as usual in the offensive zone, I noticed a couple of times where Hansen and Raymond could have passed it to Manny but elected to do it themselves. Thats how much they think of him as a linemate.

Some of us here watches the whole game instead of just looking for any good play and say "look, he's not that bad" ..

#50 canuckschick1234

canuckschick1234

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well it worked haha both the 3rd and 4th lines got goals.
2011-2012 LEAGUE STANDINGS - Last updated: March 19, 2:18 PM

Posted Image

#51 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

CoHo didn't have the best game against Nashville.

That's the problem with AV. Rome and Alberts can have 24 (not a typo) horrible games in a row and when Ballard and Hodgson has 1 or 2 bad games he demotes them.

#52 Drive-By Body Pierce

Drive-By Body Pierce

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Malhotra (14:22) and Hodgson (13:13) had comparable amounts of ice time, noticeably more than Lapierre (9:57). Cody got almost a minute and half of PP time, while Manny had almost three minutes of PK time. The lines are rolling with pretty good balance, something that is especially expected in the middle of a road trip.

Posted Image

#53 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

Never mind which line he's on. My question is how many minutes did he play? Imo he shouldn't play less than 15mins a game, but as long as we win who cares? If Cody didn't play much and we lost than I would be upset, but we won so be happy..

Edited by JohnLennon, 09 February 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#54 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

Personally, I'm happy CoHo isn't on Raymond's line. Raqymond and Malhotra are offensive black holes. They completely ruin offensive pressure 90% of the time.

I'd rather CoHo play with Lappy, who happens to be really good at keeping the puck in the offensive zone where it -- and Cody -- belongs.

Raymond and Hansen have been less than stellar of late. I almost consider Lappy - CoHo - Duco as the 3rd line... Hansen needs to get back to basics.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#55 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hodgson played 13:13 of ice time tonight. Which is above his average of 12:57. That being said, this is typical A.V. I'm not sure why the frack anyone would demotes someone ice time to spark someone elses. You don't see him cutting down Bieska's ice time and giving them To Ballards? It's very typical of him, remember the time Schneiders wins us 5 games in a row, by the 6th game, he allowed in 3 first period goals, instead of showing confidence in him, Luongo takes over? Yea, that's, A.V.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#56 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

I think right now we have two '1st' lines and two '2 3/4' lines rather than a 1 through 4 line team. If that even makes sense.

#57 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Not sure if anyone pointed this out but Hodgon was centering the 3rd line all night but AV was using Manny for faceoffs and some defensive situations.

4th line was Duco-Manny-Lappy

Really liked what Bitz and Duco brought tonight. Bitz is a key power forward that plays well with the twins and can drive the net. Duco reminds me a lot of Torres, sparks the rest of the line and had some big hits.

#58 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Not sure if anyone pointed this out but Hodgon was centering the 3rd line all night but AV was using Manny for faceoffs and some defensive situations.

4th line was Duco-Manny-Lappy

Really liked what Bitz and Duco brought tonight. Bitz is a key power forward that plays well with the twins and can drive the net. Duco reminds me a lot of Torres, sparks the rest of the line and had some big hits.

Hodgson was playing with Lappy and Duco, what game were you watching

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#59 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

13:13 was his TOI for tonight. Definitely not 4th line minutes, but he definitely should not be playing with crashers and bangers.

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.

#60 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

I do not understand why Hodgson is on the fourth line tonight Malhotra has been crap he has done nothing and Hodgson is one of our best fowards every night so how the hell does Malhotra deserve the third line over Hodgson? AV is so confusing

You could also ask why is Bitz playing with the Sedins? Because AV has mixed up the lines to get some slumping players going, e.g. Malhotra, Hansen and the Sedins. It's really that simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.