The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Naming my son Kesler?

MrCanucks-17

my sons MIDDLE name is Linden... but I think you should just go with a traditional first name... also i think Linden sounds better for a first name than Kesler, because Linden is only one letter off of Landon, which is sort of common.

Just my two cents, congrats by the way, being a father is awesome.

Congrats on being a dad!

My wife and I considered Canuck last names for our son, but ended up naming him after his Grandfather. It's an original name (he'll be the only one in his class), it's culturally relevant to our family and honours a great man who has passed on.

If you have a similar option (living or deceased) I highly recommend it.

I like the name. It isn't an off-the-wall type of name, just unique.

I like uniqueness in names, as long as it's not just plain weird.

Kesler would be a great name as long as you don't have a contrasting last name.

Example: Kesler Johnson, Kesler Thompson, Kesler Green <---All ok.

Kesler Parameswaran, Kesler Ahmadinejad, Kesler Po <--Not as good.

Good luck working on the wife.

You could always compromise with Ryan as his first name, or Kesler as a middle name.

I have already told my wife what our first son's name will be, and made it clear that it is not up for discussion.

We have two daughters and their names were discussed at length, but I have a slight generational name pattern that I will keep in tact.

If you want to try that strategy make sure that you have a comfy couch.

epic mistake. what if it comes out that he beats his wife or kills someone or sum thing.ppl idolize athletes way to much.why don't you name your son orinthal james.honor your father or grandpa or pick a name but don't name your kid after a guy who puts a puck in a net for a living. lol his determination? think long and hard man.end the fanboy madness

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No

I think Kesler - meanings aside - sounds like a cool first name.

However, it is inevitable he/you will be asked if it has anything to do with Ryan Kesler. Right now, the answer would be "yes" and everything will be great. In 6 years when he plays for another team, it will need to be explained that he used to play for the Canucks - you're favorite team - but now plays for a rival team. A little awkward.

In 20 years Ryan Kesler will be washed up and people will make comparisons accordingly. He will now be named after a has-been.

In 40 years only veteran NHL or Canucks fans will remember who Ryan Kesler even is, and only at this time will the name not be awkwardly conjoined to a celebrity.

Still..... meanings aside, it sounds like a cool first name.

I'm from Seattle and love the Canucks. Of course my favirote player is from the USA, Ryan Kesler. So my wife and I just found out were having a boy around July 4th. Ryan Kesler is my top male role model for his passion, determination, and back checking. What do you all think of naming my son Kesler? I love it, my wife not so much. Just looking for feedback here, and hopefully some ammunition I can use on my wife :) Also, yes I have already though of Bieksa as a first name (LoL)

Mr Canucks #17

I'm from Seattle and love the Canucks. Of course my favirote player is from the USA, Ryan Kesler. So my wife and I just found out were having a boy around July 4th. Ryan Kesler is my top male role model for his passion, determination, and back checking. What do you all think of naming my son Kesler? I love it, my wife not so much. Just looking for feedback here, and hopefully some ammunition I can use on my wife :) Also, yes I have already though of Bieksa as a first name (LoL)

Mr Canucks #17

Archived