The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Naming my son Kesler?

MrCanucks-17

I wouldn't have done it. Not that I don't like Kesler, but I'm not a fan of naming kids after athletes or other celebrities. A name is a big deal, it sticks with a person for life. It's not something I would just screw around with. I might name my dog after Kesler, but never a person. That's just my opinion though.

Still, congrats on the baby.

Awesome stuff man. Congrats.

Both my daughters have two middle names, and I think it sounds pretty cool.

I always liker Kesler as a first name, but I'm guessing the wife didn't go for it.

If you contact the Canucks they will definitely get Kesler's signature on a plaque for her.

My wife got Luongo's signature and a congratulations on our marriage for me.

I don't plan on having kids for many years to come, but of course my girlfriend can't go two days without talking about baby names anyways.

The funny thing is though that now she's decided she's hooked on the name "Forrest" for a boy. My first thought was... "GRIFFIN!", so I'm already sold lol.

27412_1339226075_7409_n.jpg

But that's the difference in my opinion, she picked a name that she liked and it just so happened to be the same name as someone I really admire, but that was only an afterthought in the bigger picture. Plus, as other people pointed out, "Kesler" is a last name, which makes it a bit weird. If you named him Ryan, then it would be perfectly fine, but...

Awesome stuff man. Congrats.

I always liker Kesler as a first name, but I'm guessing the wife didn't go for it.

If you contact the Canucks they will definitely get Kesler's signature on a plaque for her.

I don't plan on having kids for many years to come, but of course my girlfriend can't go two days without talking about baby names anyways.

The funny thing is though that now she's decided she's hooked on the name "Forrest" for a boy. My first thought was... "GRIFFIN!", so I'm already sold lol.

27412_1339226075_7409_n.jpg

Awesome stuff man.  Congrats.

Archived