The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

why did we trade cody hodgson

bronski beat

GM MG just like trading away our homegrown...

Schneider (2004 first round pick)... first round pick, probably to be dealt this off season... soon my pretty

grabner (2006 first round pick) player traded to florida

patrick white (2007 first round pick) traded

Hodgson (2008 first round pick) player traded to buffalo

Schroeder (2009 first round pick) soon my pretty....

2010 first round pick was given to florida... along with our first round drafted player from 2006...

Jensen (2011 first round pick) soon my pretty...

ok, i think there is alot more to this deal than meets the eye. first the fact that when mike gillis was asked if cody asked for a trade he said no comment. which would make us think he did. but im sure we all heard cody's interview with james duthie the kid sounded really shocked. meaning most likely he didnt ask for one. rumour is cody's agent and dad pushed for this trade. now people saying he was never going to play before henrik and ryan acting like he is chained to only be a centerman. can he not just play on the second line wing?

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler hodgson

higgins pahlson hansen

this kid was sopposed to be our future captian when kesler and sedin were gone. nothing against zack kassian i love the kid but i really strongly beleive we could have adressed our toughness issue without trading hodgson like cmon. i would much rather overypay raymond and a 1st for moen or ott.

:rolleyes:

The future captain of this team according to WHO, exactly? You? Fans? Here's a scoop........neither you or the fans of this team pick any captains, future or otherwise. A lot of people here are guilty of putting the horse before the Cody cart........and by the way, capitalizing the beginning of your sentences & player names, proper punctuation etc., would make your drivel here a tad more readable.......

Not to mention that this could have gone in any of the Cody threads that are already in existence.

rumour is cody's agent and dad pushed for this trade.

i would much rather overypay raymond and a 1st for moen or ott.

coach v never liked cody

i have a hard time picturing niklas jensen playing on this team

i also think coach v is a terrible coach on an amazing team.

one more thing this trade really worries me for what we can get for schnieder

hahah as soon as they announced the trade... first i was shocked, because i thought coho had been playing good..but then i thought... man cdc is going to blow up with the av hates coho... they never gave him a fare shake....bla bla bla...

and to the op.... speculation, hear say and rumours.... that is what you have based all your so called facts....

agreed getting rid of white was okay, but are you gonna sit there and tell me that trading Grabner (got a 3 mil cap hit contract and is now a top 6 on nyi, granted he has discipline issues, but the guy doesn't suck getting 34 goals on a piece of crap nyi islander team) and a 1st round pick for Ballard our 5/6th D man at 4.2 million, and oreo who has been sitting in the ahl this whole year.... that was a good 1 right? only difference here is Hodgson was better than Grabner... Ballard had a good NHL history... Kassian is all potential... and Kassian doesn't have a retarded 4.2 million dollar cap hit...

agreed getting rid of white was okay, but are you gonna sit there and tell me that trading Grabner (got a 3 mil cap hit contract and is now a top 6 on nyi, granted he has discipline issues, but the guy doesn't suck getting 34 goals on a piece of crap nyi islander team) and a 1st round pick for Ballard our 5/6th D man at 4.2 million, and oreo who has been sitting in the ahl this whole year.... that was a good 1 right? only difference here is Hodgson was better than Grabner... Ballard had a good NHL history... Kassian is all potential... and Kassian doesn't have a retarded 4.2 million dollar cap hit...

Archived