The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

why did we trade cody hodgson

bronski beat

ok, i think there is alot more to this deal than meets the eye. first the fact that when mike gillis was asked if cody asked for a trade he said no comment. which would make us think he did. but im sure we all heard cody's interview with james duthie the kid sounded really shocked. meaning most likely he didnt ask for one. rumour is cody's agent and dad pushed for this trade. now people saying he was never going to play before henrik and ryan acting like he is chained to only be a centerman. can he not just play on the second line wing?

sedin sedin burrows

booth kesler hodgson

higgins pahlson hansen

this kid was sopposed to be our future captian when kesler and sedin were gone. nothing against zack kassian i love the kid but i really strongly beleive we could have adressed our toughness issue without trading hodgson like cmon. i would much rather overypay raymond and a 1st for moen or ott.

coach v never liked cody he never liked shirokov he never liked grabner. i have a hard time picturing niklas jensen playing on this team same with schroader. and with kassian i think he is going to be treated like ballard. he is going to make him a healthy scratch in the playoffs only playing him when we have injuries. which would make this trade look extremely bad. cody could have played wing with kesler everyone would have been happy we would have the defence/checking 3rd line. cody hodgson dosn't have one negative thing to his game, he has all the traits to be a great team leader. the truth is we could have adressed our toughness issue without trading cody.

i also think coach v is a terrible coach on an amazing team.

one more thing this trade really worries me for what we can get for schnieder

:rolleyes:

The future captain of this team according to WHO, exactly? You? Fans? Here's a scoop........neither you or the fans of this team pick any captains, future or otherwise. A lot of people here are guilty of putting the horse before the Cody cart........and by the way, capitalizing the beginning of your sentences & player names, proper punctuation etc., would make your drivel here a tad more readable.......

Not to mention that this could have gone in any of the Cody threads that are already in existence.

he was a captain and leader of his ohl team. he won player of the game in the wj finals, scores clutch goals internationally and n the nhl. extremely polite and well spoken. a leader on the ice. he is just an amazing person. dosnt take an idiot to think he will be a captain for any team one day

On paper, this might be considered a bad deal, certainly offensively. But we have a small window of a couple of years to make this work and since we've got Henrik and Kes locked up, Cody wasn't giving us what we needed on the 3rd line. Instead, we have 2 shutdown centres on our bottom 6, and for Hodgson we get and absolute monster who can fill the piece that was missing last year IMMEDIATELY. He's crazy, in a good way. We also get another guy who can step in right away in Bragnani, who should have a good opportunity to be a more developed Connauton. It sucks that we're giving up a player with huge upside, but how many years would he be floundering on the 3rd line waiting for Hank to retire? Winger? waste of his time and ours.

he was a captain and leader of his ohl team. he won player of the game in the wj finals, scores clutch goals internationally and n the nhl. extremely polite and well spoken. a leader on the ice. he is just an amazing person. dosnt take an idiot to think he will be a captain for any team one day

Archived